This object is in archive! 

Momentary switch dimmable lamp

Pablo shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hello,

I have a momentary switch for a dimmable lamp. If you push it and release, lamp goes on. If you push it again, it goes off. If you push and hold, intensity goes up until you release it. Push and hold, intensity goes down until you release it.

Now I have automated it with a Fibaro double 223 switch, and managing it with the traditional switches it is not a problem. It works properly.

My question: how do I do it from the Fibaro app? I suppose should be a type of device which allows you while pressing a button, keep live the signal. When releasing, kill it.

Thanks!

Replies (6)

photo

Hi,

I have same problem, did you find some kind of solution?

photo

Not sure what you need. From any application you should have a slider that allows you to select intensity.

photo

Hello,

My lamps has the following controller: https://dsoem.osram.com/products/led-technology/electronic-control-gears-for-led-modules-and-dimmers/indoor-ecg-for-led-modules-and-dimmers/compact-constant-current-150-dimmable/optotronic-intelligent-150-dimmable-dali/oti-dali-502201332401a4-lt2-fan/

It can be DALI-controlled or momentary switch controlled. My lamp before z-waving it is controlled via momentary switch: If you push it and release, lamp goes on. If you push it again, it goesoff. If you push and hold, intensity goes up until you release it. Push andhold, intensity goes down until you release it. Let say it is controlled by a pulse, which lenght is variable.

In the attachment is the electrical wiring for BEFORE, when lamp was working properly. AFTER the z-waving it, I managed it to work properly with the fisical switch, but not with the app.

Thanks for your interest. If you have any idea to test, it is welcome

photo

Hello,

My lamp also has Touch DALI controler for T16 fluorescent lamp, but control logic is exactly the same as you described. Connection diagram in attachment. I'm looking for solution for z-waveing, for now only thing that might be working with touch DALI is Fortrezz Mimolite I/O module:

http://www.fortrezz.com/io-modules

photo

Hello Damir,

There are two solutions for your case, I believe. Same as mine:

1.- Dali support on Zwave devices

2.- Create a light button that replicates the exact working mode of the fisical switch: while pressing it, switch is CLOSED. When releasing it, OPEN circuit.

For my case, it is enough case 2. And I believe easier. But this involves the willing of Zipato to develop that solution.

For the first solution, maybe it is needed new Zwave hardware, I am not sure. Do you know about the DA- and DA+ current/voltage ranges? There are 10V Zwave dimmers already. Maybe they are enough.

photo

Hello Pablo,

Solution No. 2 would be perfect for me to.

My driver unfortunately does't support 0-10V dimming function at all, only DALI and Touch DALI.

Please inform me if you receive solution for our problem from Zipato support.

BR

Damir

photo
photo

Not yet. I opened a support ticket and they are telling me this functionality is supportted. That I should select "Momentary switch". But I tried and it doesn't work. I also have tried with combinations of AUTO OFF, DELAY OFF, etc that exists on my Fibaro double switch 2.

For me what it is misssing is the functionality on the Zipato soft for power-when-pushing button.

For the fisical switch there is no problem.

I will keep you updated

Pablo

photo

Hello Damir, any success? I've also checked it exists some 0-10v to Dali devices (for example: http://lunatone.at/es/sistemas-dali/módulos-de-interfaz/). But I didn't checked.

But I've been digging a little bit and this request is really simple: Fibaro switch module allows a mode called "TOGGLE SW".

According Fibaro this mode works this way: "toggle switch (contact closed – ON, contact opened – OFF)". And in fact it does.

In my case I want to send a pulse, which length I decide by holding pressed my (momentary) switch. So it works properly with the phisical button.

What I need is to reproduce this with the mobile app and Zipatile.

Simple. Isn't it?

photo

Yes this issue is that you can not send a "timed" press of a button in the Zipato app. Dimming as you are trying to do is done directly by a z-wave dimmer module in most cases, not via another electronic dimmer. Basically if you were to use the mini energy dimmer or fibaro dimmer, they would replace the dali/osram dimmer you are currently using.

Currently the only way I can see how to control via the dali dimmer is with the inbuilt relays in the Zipatile. These you can set up with the touch buttons on the zipatile for closing the contact on touch and opening on release. But no buttons in the app support this.

You could alternatively, and this would be a big work around, create a virtual dimmer, that via rules actives the fibaro module for xx number of seconds depending on what the value of the dimmer is. For example, you set the dimmer to 50%, the rule states that when this dimmer is activated, turn on the fibaro module for 5 seconds then turn it off. You could create a formula to process the variables to make this easier and quicker, or use a range instead of just a set percentage.

photo

Damir, all,

I've just get this message from Vedran from the Support team: "We will reproduce the case in our lab as currently it seems to be functioning a bit differently.

Please give us a bit more time and we'll get back to you as we progress towards the solution".

Hopefully there may be a solution!

photo

Hi Pablo,

Great news, keep us informed.

photo

Hi Damir,

I received some days ago the reply from Vedran from Support. They say they cannot reproduce this "issue" and closed the ticket. I already gave up as this is my main living room lamp, and removed it from the controller. I am investigating the option to replace the current electronics of the lamp. If any success, I will update. Anything from your side, I also would appreciate the feedback

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file