This object is in archive! 

sensor Quad

importhomesas shared this problem 7 years ago
Known

hi.

I have a Quad sensor and I am using the light sensor to regulate the intensity of light in a room but the rule I create with the light sensor does not work until the sensor detects no movement.The rule I made was that when the light sensor does not detect light turn on the lights but when the room is dark nothing happens but when it detects movement if the rule works, the curious thing is that in the rule I have not used the motion sensor.my questions are:

Does the illumination sensor depend on the motion sensor?

Are the four sensors of the Quad not independent?

How can I make the rule work with the lighting sensor alone?

Replies (5)

photo

I had a similar experience with a fibaro sensor.

Please correct me if I´m wrong but I think all sensors work independend from each other. The motion sensor sends a signal to the ziapbox if there is movement but light and temperatur sensor need a certain change before they wake up and send their value to the zipabox. Otherwise they only send their data after a predefined period. So it might be that ist already dark in the room but the zipabox has the old value where the room was lighted. In my case I need a change of 200 lx to wake up the light sensor, otherwise it will only send its value every 2000 sec (approx. 33min) to conserve battery life. If you want to use the sensor to find out if it is already dark in the room, you should have a much shorter reporting intervall (will result in higher battery consumption) or you have to change the threshold so that it sends the value more often but there is also a price tag with shorter battery life on it. You find the settings in the device manager.

Klaus

/ENwYMQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

photo

importhomesas,

You are correct sensors are independent however, most multisensors have a "main" sensor, usually this main sensor triggers "updates" for the others, in the case of multisensors with motion sensors usually this is the main sensor, sometimes is the door/window sensor, also in most cases this is configurable. In the case of the Quad Sensor, motion is the main "trigger". Sensors usually work in two ways, first is one called "unscheduled events" which are configurable and usually are "motion" or "door close/open", in case of meters usually this is triggered by a threshold of change, this means that the sensor will update the controller whenever there is a change of more than X amount of lux/% change (you can see my screenshot I set it up at 100 lux change), the second way is a "scheduled event", this means that the sensor will update the controller regardless of the state of the sensor, after a certain period of time, you can see my setting is at 30 min interval.

As Klaus mentioned, if these events are configured to be shorter/more sensitive the sensor will decrease its battery life, you need to play with it and find the sweet spot, usually default values are ok for most scenarios but you may have diferent cases, for example, one of your sensors could be more exposed to sunlight than others so you may want to make this threshold a bit bigger.

Change these two parameters and see how it performs, you might have to decrease the lux threshold report value.

Please do not confuse the scheduled report events with the "wake up" event, this is a completely diffent event. During a wake up the sensor reads the controller for configuration changes and sends a "heartbeat" signal to the controller to let it know it is still there. Report events might come right after a wake up but they are not the same.

photo

Thanks klaus and alberto

But then how would I make the illumination sensor work without dependence on the presence sensor.Would be changing the values ​​he shows me in the image of Alberto.

photo

You cannot set the sensor independently, I have a few different brands of multisensors and all of them have one that is the "main sensor".

Again, luminance is not dependent of motion sensor, updating the controller of all other sensors while motion is detected is just the way it works. If you configure your sensor properly (sometimes it take trial an error so id could be tedious) you will get the result you want. Luminance threshold setting will make the luminance update regularily and independantly, just keep in mind to often will drain sensor batteries.

photo

Hi Alberto, I also have the same sensor and it appears that in standard this sensor is not sending illumination or temperature state when the main sensor is triggered (not motion nor door).

Can you check on your end?

photo
photo

Sorry, but I haven´t found a way to use it idependently ;-( If you change the reportintervall your battery life will drop significant. And with a reasonable interval you won´t be able to use it. This is what my fibaro sensor sends me over the day

/wfqzKEGIibPSAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

photo

My door sensors also stopped working today. I thought it was low battery, but I switched it and it did not work. I had to delete and re-add to the Zipabox. I noticed a lot of slowness in the responses and status update (Open / Closed). The rule involved in these sensors also stopped working.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file