This object is in archive! 

Scheduled User/Passcodes for Smart Locks

Alberto Macias shared this idea 6 years ago
Under Consideration

I think one of the most important functionalities in home automation is access control, right now zipato currently supports many smart locks, in my case I own two yale zwave locks and planning to adquire a few more.

One of my main requirements for access control is to be able to schedule user access and maybe even privacy mode. Most locks supports several users and have a "privacy mode" in which you disable all users but the master or something similar. This is particularly useful if you leave for vacation and you know no one needs to enter your house or in case you have workers at home and maybe they are only supposed to have access on certain days / schedules.

I think having the ability of using these features in the lock should be a great value added, even if it is a paid feature. Who else agrees with this? What are your thoughts?

Replies (5)

photo

No one?

photo

We are already considering some improvements in door locks functionality. This may be done by adding a scheduler on each user code...

photo

its a necessity. This is a security feature implemented by many other Home HUBS and should already exist really. I also think a simple scheduler should be in place and accessible/configurable via the app for creating quick programs to turn on switches.

photo

Good to know you guys agree changes are required for door locks, I think it is a must and as Adrian mentions it is being done in other hubs already. Thanks for the feedback.

@Sebastian,

What do you mean this can be done with a scheduler? right now there is no way to configure a user in the door lock based on time or any other condition, is either there or not there. You can probably create a rule that locks the gate again if it is not in the "Scheduled Working Time" but the users on the lock work way faster than a rule I thing it will just lock the door once it has been already open, or how were you thinking this can be achieved?

photo

The best option would be if the door lock already support the scheduler function per user. If scheduler is not supported, than a door lock should have a mode in which it will ask the controller for permission prior to unlocking the door, or having the STATUS option of each PIN (active, inactive) so a controller can change it on the fly. Everything else is less secure, as it is not executed on a door lock locally.

photo

This is a good option for an electric strike that is controlled by a z-wave module. Here you can add a virtual switch that can only activated by certain times of the day, and the virtual switch can only be activated by disarming an alarm partition.

Still not as useful as being able to sync a new pin code to a door lock. If only there was a z-wave pin code panel that you could do the same to. A pin code reader that could be used the same as the Vision pin lock. For as I remember, I could add and remove user codes to this lock via the Zipato device manager.

photo

Ohh I see what you meant. I agree, the lock has to support the feature otherwise will be less secure. I know for sure Yale Real Living locks have that ability, they have a solution for this working with other controller for a few years, but I don't see those options with zipato,

Right now with yale locks you can add up to 10 users from zipato web control, I think even the ability of disabling the user via rules can be the simpler way to do this, that way you can use schedulers to enable/disable the user. Also it is advertised on yale side that locks with comm interface can hold up to 250 users, whereas in zipato are only 10 user slots available.

photo

The blog or and best that is extremely useful to keep I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for, I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.

animal jam | five nights at freddy's | hotmail login

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file