This object is in archive! 

Same user for different controllers???

Alberto Macias shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Hello community,

I just discovered today that USERS (other than the MASTER) can only access the controller in which they were created, but if you log in as the MASTER and switch controllers (I have 3 at home and will soon buy another for my cottege) and go to the Users section you see all users in all boxes.

My question is, how to configure access to the same USER to different controllers. For example I would like my wife (which is not the master) to have access to my 3 controllers at home (and the cluster I will create soon) and also to the cottege one which is a separate building.

I didn't notice before because I have everything in the zipabox and my two zipatiles at home are used as dumb control terminals, but that will change soon. I guess the user management interface needs to improve... unless I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Replies (4)

photo

Any of the integrators in this forum knows how to achieve this?

photo

log on to that controller(zipatile/zipatile) and add them as a user. Then they can switch to that controller in the app same as you do.

when you create the cluster, all the individual zipatiles and zipaboxes will not be selectable via the app, they basically disappear, just the cluster is selctable. So you then have just one controller, the cluster controller. You add users to this in the same way as another other controller

photo

Funny thing is that when I log into those controllers the users are already there, but when I log with the other users I can only access 1 controller.

Can you access the cluster using LAN (without internet)? otherwise dissapearing devices in a cluster may not seem a good option...

photo

Well something for sure is screwed up, now i cannot even delete one of the temporary users I have created, I have tried to delete it from any of the three controllers and I keep getting the same error "failed to delete user" I guess I will open a ticket to zipato support.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file