This object is in archive! 

iHomecam Temp/Humidity shows values but no attributes

Kristoffer Ottosson shared this problem 6 years ago
Known

Hi Community,

I recently purchased me a temp and humidity sensor from Aliexpress since the price and dimensions were what I was looking for.

This is the sensor:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Z-wave-Temperature-Humidity-Sensor-Smart-Home-EU-Version-868-42mhz-Z-wave-Smart-detector/32814390727.html

Now to my question;

I can add it to the Zipabox without problems and also get values. It shows and updates just fine in the app.

However, I am unable to create any rules with the unit as it just says "no attributes" in the dropdown when I try.

Does this mean that there is no true support for the device in Zipabox?

If so, what can I do / contribute with to get the support included?

Also worth mentioning is that when I added it it popped us a "unknow manufacturer".

It also seems to be the same sensor as this one from Heimantech:

http://www.heimantech.com/product/86.html

Does anybody know if "that version" works better or if it's just a branded version of the one I already bought?

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Kristoffer,

What is weird is that you can get values from devices view. So, the device is correctly supported. In device manager, in the tree of this device, maybe you should have a look at the checkboxes "show as device", "hide in rules creator", "hide in device browser"... There may be a mis-configuration...

photo

Hi Robin,

I checked again and the device is tagged with "Show as device" and the "Hide in rule creator" and "Hide in device browser" aren't checked.

I can choose the device and put it in a sensor field in a rule, but when I choose the dropdown to select which attribute to use it only shows "no attributes".

I have a Aeon Labs Multi Sensor 6 as well and the configuration between the two are "the same" in terms of visibility etc.

I've attached it as a picture here to illustrate as well

photo

I have the same problem with another device Z-Uno

http://z-uno.z-wave.me/

I can add it to the Zipabox without problems and also get values. It shows and updates just fine in the app.

However, I am unable to create any rules with the unit as it just says "no attributes" in the dropdown

photo

Kristoffer,

Could you post a print screen of the tree of the device with all leafs expanded in the device manager please?

photo

Of course Robin, attached to this comment :)

photo

So, you clearly have Temperature and Humidity Attributes attached to the device. Seems that it is a Zipato support issue.

Open a ticket on zipato support, joining your zipabox/Zipatile S/N and they should be able to help you.

photo

Ok, I've opened a ticket and we'll see what reply I get.

Hopefully the reply can help @Sergey as well :)

Will update the post once I get a reply from the support.

photo

I opened a ticket on this issue on 24 October. So far nothing has been answered.

photo

i also opened one, on 23.10 :). I asked them to support two more devices with similar problems.

answer was: We will support those devices, however, due to other priority issues we are facing at the moment - there is no time to deal with this.

Please have patience as this may take some time.

photo

I got a very quick response to my ticket but unfortunately it was not really what I had hoped for, although I do understand the perspective.

The answer was:

This device is not full supported by Zipato. When you add it you receive generic descriptor for it and you can use of its functionalities.

We don't have full support for this device.

Heiman device is supported by official Z-Wave standard and it will work better.

There are a lot of alternative solutions on the market and we cannot support all of them.

photo

This is a very sad answer. They did not answer my ticket, but I'm sure the answer will be similar. It is a pity that zipato does not want to help :(

photo
photo

hmm, actually the are alternative solutions, but not many. in that case i don't understand the z-wave standard, when every single device must be implemented in every system to have full support (and in this case it is a stupid thermometer, in my other case door sensor)

photo

Hi, I bought one of these from Aliexpress too. I don't know if this would help with the rules you want but I got the device to work as the thermometer in a Thermostat Pro with a Virtual Switch in the heating output. It took several hours after setup before it was working properly but now that it is it turns the virtual switch on and off appropriately and seems to respond quite quickly to temperature changes.

photo

Hi Martin,

please, could you give me advice, how to set the parametres for this humidity and temperature sensor? I add it to the z-wave but it does not show the values :-(

Eva

photo

Hello Eva

I don't think I had to make any settings. See attached files for how mine shows humidity by default in the device list them temperature if you click on that..

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file