This object is in archive! 

Sonos no play

Rafis Sagdiev shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Good afternoon.

Help solve the problem of playback files in Sonos from file hosting service Dropbox.

1. I installed a Sonos device, I got a Sonos Boost and two Sonos Play 1. Sonos are controlled from a web browser.

2. Create a rule for playback.

3. Created a folder on https://www.dropbox.com

4. Placed in file folder

5. Copied the link to the file. Link opens in the browser.

6. Made a simple rule. URI put the link to the file

When implementing rule changes the sound, but playback is not happening.

What am I doing wrong?

Replies (10)

photo

Hey,

Sonos integration is not easy :-) Because I cannot read your rules (do you use action or set for play and volume?), I just guess. I never tried to make it run with dropbox. I use a simple web server running on the zipatile itself. URI points to that file. I use "x-filecifs:" instead of "http:". In your context leaf ?dl=0 at the end. You have to set volume too. Than play.

photo

Thanks for the comments.You 198.168.1.35:8090 what is that device? I would like to play files for different scenarios, it is possible from SD card external Zipatile. How it will look in the URI for playback from the SD card external of my Zipatile?

photo

As I said: this is a mini webserver running on the zipatile. The shown IP with port 8090 is the root adress of this webserver. I use PAW server (android). I never tried to move it to the sd card. Try it.

photo

I'm not good at it. Please explain what I need to do in order to complete the following task:

1. I have a mp3 file with a recording of the alarm

2. The file is located in the Alarm folder on the external SD card

3. It is necessary to include the Sonos Play 1 and play the file from the SD Card when triggering the motion sensor.

How it will look in the URI if, for example, Zipatile has address 198.168.1.70, do I need to set the path to SD card and set the port, if so, what?

photo

Hi Rafis.

u need to put this MP3s Files on a Webserver. Thats not Dropbox.

I think you can install an App for this on your ZT. Or if you are running a Raspberry I your Network, you can install a Webserver there.

regards Helle

photo

Need step by step instructions

photo

Rafis, if you have a USB port on your router, it's a much simpler way to make the MP3 files available.

Copy the files to a USB device and plug it into the router. You will probably need to play with the settings on the router to make the files available (look for USB/file sharing). Then you need to find out what the UNC file path is for the shared folder. It will look like this: \\<USBDeviceName>\<SharedFolderName>. You should be able to see it by looking at the network folders visible on your computer. You might also see it in the router settings.

Once you have got this far, just set the URI in the rule to:

x-file-cifs://<USBDeviceName>/<SharedFolderName>/MySoundFile.mp3

You can also test that the rule works with this sort of URI by sharing a folder on your computer and putting the file there:

x-file-cifs://<ComputerName>/<SharedFolderName>/MySoundFile.mp3

photo

Thank you, David.

Reading from USB drives and from the computer is understandable. The question remains the use of external SD Card the Zipatile. Really nobody knows the URI for mp3 playback in this way.SD card is also your way, it is possible to open access. Just very limited in time, I can not do experiments, but certainly the community has a ready-made solution.

photo

And another question: is it possible to go to Zipatile by IP address, which port by default?

photo

I don't have a Zipatile, so I can't help there.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file