This object is in archive! 

here's a trick to add sunset - sunrise support

Olivier Flebus shared this idea 10 years ago
Under Consideration

I used ifttt.com (which comes with sunset/sunrise triggers).

the idea is to create a "daylight" virtual sensor in your zipabox.

Its URL will be triggered by IFTTT (using google drive as IFTTT cannot trigger customized http endpoints)

More info in the IFTTT rules I created:

https://ifttt.com/recipes/91424

https://ifttt.com/recipes/91425

@zipato team: what about contacting IFTTT to add "native" zipabox support into IFTTT (simply entering a deviceid+apikey), like Belkin has done with their WeMo products (unless it could be a premium feature ;-) ?

Replies (28)

photo

interesting, thank you...

photo

Withings also has a ifttt channel.

Quite fun to "Turn on coffeemaker after I have my morning weight-in" ;-)

https://ifttt.com/recipes/70132

photo

Great stuff...thanks!

photo

worked for the first time automatically tonight at 20h54 ;-)

photo

Nice! I tried it and it works like a sharm! The only thing I miss is to turn on the light -1h of sundown

photo

Kristian Olofsson wrote:

Nice! I tried it and it works like a sharm! The only thing I miss is to turn on the light -1h of sundown
If your light is turned on following an event (typically motion) then you could maybe save the sunset time of the day before into a variable... assuming that you can perform operations (like substract 1h) in zipabox rules... Not so sure about that.

photo

Kristian Olofsson wrote:

the other way is:

when sunset is on

wait 23h

turn the light on

;-)

photo

I get problems after 5 occurrences... Shows in ifttt event log.

An error with the Action prevented your Recipe from working. After five consecutive errors your Recipe will reset. If errors persist, visit the Help page for support.

photo

@Olivier >> did you update the script?

photo

there is no script ;-)

@kristian could you check:

1. is your location set in your ifttt weather channel ?

2. is your google drive account properly configured into ifttt

2. is the URL of your virtual sensor working ? (should also work by triggering it manually in your internet browser)

3. did you set a filename in the google drive channel (used sunset and sunrise) ?

Personally I left the "drive folder path" empty (default ifttt)

photo

@kristian sorry I forgot you already made it work before...

Maybe one recipe (sunset ou sunrise) is not properly configured ?

photo

I get the error in the log for both... and if i push the testbutton it works. You dont get anything in the errorlog?

photo

I will investigate further, it seems like the IFTTT tries 5 times since

its not really a file and then gets reseted. My sensor got updated 5 times. The

same state though.

This was the reason i thought it failed since

according to Yahoo weather the sundown should be at 20:57, but at 21:03

still no sensor change. I then saw that at 21:05 it was changed (And then 4 times more). Might been a delay only.

photo

HI,i'm totaly new with this,

But i made a ifttt rules for sunset sunrise copied the url from my zipato device manager in to the ifttt rule. Activate via ifttt my google drive (assuming it will configure everything correctly). if I copy paste the url to my browser notting will happen. did i do everything correctly according to you??

kind regards

ap

photo

This should be a simple plug and play solution as it is handeled by others.

photo

@AP: still not working?

did you follow the tutorial? (actually, it worked flawlessly for me)

I know that you only really know if it works the 1st time you get a notification (sunrise or sunset hour).Your last message is 3 days old, so you should know if it works now ;)

photo

Its working for me a couple of days, then it deactivates becuse of errors in the activity log. I guess the problem is coused by not really uploading any file?!?

Anyone else got errors in the ifttt log? And 5 updates of every occurrence.

photo

no errors during 9 days in my IFTTT activity log. Exactly one successful execution each day for each rule.

maybe an issue linked to your location? I've read in a french blog that it did not work for a specific location / Timezone

Despite ifttt seems to trigger the sensor once a day, I also noticed multiple events (all with the right status) in my zipabox log. 5 this evening, 6 this morning.

photo

I switched to Dropbox and is now working fine. :)

photo

Kristian Olofsson wrote:

I switched to Dropbox and is now working fine. :)
Good to know ! Thanks !

I noticed that the latest modification date from google drive matched the latest event date of the zipabox... which have also made me think the event was actually triggered multiple times by google.

photo

OK, switched to dropbox and I still got multiple triggering.

Then I disabled all my ifttt recipes... and it appears that my sensor is still working !!!

Could be a "leak"/bug somewhere in the recipe sharing, so that other ifttt users tigger my sensor ???

I created a new virtual sensor and updated the URL in private recipes only.

sunrise with google and sunset with dropbox. Will see what happens this week-end.

photo

I use ifttt for: Sunset/Sunrise trigger and Home/Away trigger works great!

photo
photo

Hello Olivier,

I am trying to get it to work, For starters i am a beginner in things like this.

But i seem not to be able to get the so called recipe on my google drive or the Url which is given is not placable in the "daytime sensor"

could you give a more clear work through.

TIA

Eric

photo

Eric (and all),

there is no need for this trick anymore.

The zipato team has added support for sunrise and sunset in the scheduler.

photo

Any news on the ifttt native support?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file