Add an entry "generic 433" to add devices working with 433 MHz

webscientist shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Could you add an entry "Generic device 433MHz " in the list when clicking "Add new device" for zipabox with installed 433MHz module?

And a possibility to adjust the parameters/functionality of the added 433 MHz device?

Replies (2)

photo

I think this would be nearly impossible. The 433 is just the carrier. On top there could be any protocol, determined by the manufacturer. It could be amplitude or frequency modulated.

You would need to sniff and decode radio signals to get any sense out of it. That can be hard enough for people without an engineering background, I think. Take a look at this thread to get a sense of the complexity: https://community.zipato.com/topic/need-to-add-433-mhs-temp-humidity-sensor

photo

I guess most of the users of the zipabox actually have a technical background. At least a deeper technical interest.Maybe it's not easy. But if some manufacturer could publish the protocol their devices use you would be able to adapt your device.

If there is a export/import functionality for the device type, users will be able to share the device exports with the community.

Maybe some manufacturers are interested in adding their device and share to increase their sales.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file