All my rules stopped working after update to 0.9.999.8

roel00 shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

After a successful update to the latest firmware, all my rules stopped working. I tried a hard reset, reboot, re-syncing the rules, but nothing helped. Please advise.

Replies (16)

photo

I have same issue. Also connection is lost to some devices. Please help!!!

photo

If you are using groups in your rules try to disable these. These rules were causing trouble at my place. Zipato knows this issue.

photo

I don't have any groups. The problem is that my initial update of the firmware failed, resulting in a second (...!) instance of the zwave device container. Now when running the rules, the devices had wrong UUIDs. Support has removed the second zwave device container, but now I still can't run a lot of rules, because no triggers are sent from devices (like wall switches etc). You could say everything is in passive mode now. I guess I have to remount them and rebuild all the rules, but that is extremely time consuming with 34 devices and 28 rules.

It is really too bad users don't have any access to the device database so I could fix this myself. Support has not responded and solved my problem. I am really left in the dark with this. The Wife Acceptance Factor is going down rapidly for our gadgetry household ... {-(

photo

I'm also seriously considering replacing the zipabox. The time I spent getting things to work properly, the incredibly weird iPhone app, lack of support ... I'm open to alternatives, even if it includes coding some rules, as long as it's stable.

photo

I'm also seriously considering replacing the zipabox. The time I spent getting things to work properly, the incredibly weird iPhone app, lack of support ... I'm open to alternatives, even if it includes coding some rules, as long as it's stable.

photo

My rules has also stopped working but I'm still on 0.999.6 -. wtf is going on??? This is the second time in one month!! Until now my rules have been working stable for 1,5 years.

Zipato - you have to start communicate what is going on - I'm very disapointed with your solution and will very soon start looking for alternatives.

photo

I´ve also discovered my rules stopped working with 0.9.999.8.

What i´ve monitored for 3 times now:

The rules stopped working immediately after syncing the ruleset (Sync was successful).

But in my case rules began working again after a hard-reset (with some delay).

photo

I had similar problems. Rules were working with fw 6 but not after upgrading to fw 8. I tried down and upgrading and have deleted and recreated the rules. I then noted that the routing was completly weird. This could be solved by several net healings. At some point the devices did not report their status correctly to the controler. Problems occured as upgrade failed although the ui showed the new fw.

Now all my rules work again with fw 8 except the rules concerning my hac01 sensor. This sensor does not report its status.

When thinking of changing the gateway, does anybody have experience with alternatives?

photo

I have another problem now. I cannot enter the alarm settings. I get a "failed to create a secure session" error. No response from the support team of course.

I will keep you posted about alternatives to the zipabox, as I am completely done with zipato. The software is buggy and the user interfaces horrible. It started out okay, but turned out to be a really unstable product in the end.

I'd love to keep it, but the box has been useless for weeks now. No alarm, no automation, nothing works anymore. Very frustrating!

photo

My rules now works again, I have made no changes on my side so I guess that Zipato changed something... what about Q&A Zipato?

photo

I also have problems with rule. My step switch rule have worked for month but now al of a suden it have stoped working. The variables does not seem to work, or the software switch or the hardware or the rule. But somethig does not work. Also my blinds test rules seam to work good some time and sometimes not.

The strange things is that most of the other rules work but some does not. And with the step switch I have not changed anything except that I use 9.9b beta software....

I have to use this beat to test my blinds.

photo

Hey,

I am not sure, but I think that in "wait" you can only use full digits....

photo
photo

I just ordered a z-wave gateway from another brand. I guess I have no option but to discontinue the Zipabox. It's a nice concept, but Zipato fails to deliver on their promises. I'd be happy with 50% of the features as long as it's stable ... Which it's not, the support sucks and I have no options to fix things myself without having more access to the system.

photo

I agree, focus must be on stability and not on new features - for me stability is core for home automation and Zipato has a bad reputation is this area.

Zipato should must also be much more transparent regarding new firmware versions and when to expect them, as it works now there is suddenly a new release out and very often rules stop working – not acceptable!

photo
photo

Which one did you go with? I'm not impressed at all to be honest. I've only been a user for a few days, but the lack of support from the manufacturer makes me think this product is at a dead end.

photo

I am a user since January 2015. My first box was defect and exchanged. I have more than 60 devices running. Sometimes the box behaves strange, but mostly it is stable. Especially if I do not make some "experiments". I have very good experiences with the support. I think it is normal, that some issues are more relevant than others. In cases of urgency I got allways quick help. First I tested two other products. One was not ready and from the other I got no answer for my question for months. I saw a lot of progress in this 9 month.

photo

There is a new beta 8k. Update

photo

Vera Edge?

photo
photo

Hi Ein Stain. I'm not sure what might be wrong on your end, but simply no way that every time you update all rules stop working. Have you created a ticket with support.zipato.com? I'm sure they can fix this

Btw, Vera is good, but completely different user experience.

photo

I totally sympathise. For the moment I still have patience, but the Zipabox is on probation. I have a pile of tickets waiting to be solved and progress seems glacial to non-existent. If I'd known before what I know now, I'd have bought the Vera. It's harder to get things done but when they're done, they stay done and work.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file