Can connect but not use NEXA LWST-615

Eric shared this problem 9 years ago
Solved

Hello

I'v read the forum and I can connect to a z-Wave dimmer and a Nexa LWST-615 Pushbutton (switch).

However I cannot see a message trace of the Pushbutton. It seems that it's nog getting in the Zipato Box at all.

I've connected the dimmer and pushbutton with binding but nothing happens.

I hav the latest firmware 0.9.999.2a

Replies (8)

photo

Ive got extremly poor reception from the nexa pushbutton switches. Sending commands to nexa is fine, receving from LWST-605 is really bad.

photo

Since Eric didnt answer (and im an impatiant old man) i'll answer. I for sure have the 433 version, i bought a DUO and have the two antennas. I verify function of the wallswich sender using a binding on one of my lamps. I recive signal now and then, but its very flacky at best. Seems to work best if i doubleclick the button, but not good enoug. I have been standing with the transmitter with diffrent distance 20 cm - 5 meter, and all inbetween.

photo

Thank you for the input.

I use the DUO also. I can see that it has been learned in at som point but strugle to use it at all. Considering to buy another preferably in Z-wave family if there are any.

photo

Checked and changed my batteries, used three diffrent senders, tested them agains a tellstick duo with great success. I think your device protocol has got issues with these particular devices. Sending signals to nexa devices from your device is fine in my house.

I think you need to test this device in your enviroment. If you need help i can assist and lend you my setup. I dont know if you have remote capability to monitor 433 device receiving? (i'll be glad to be your button pusher if needed :-)

photo

That sounds good, i'll monitor the site and the device for new firmware updates and try again...

photo

Hi,

good to see that you have started to look at this now.

I've got the same issues, and I've had them since I bought my Zipabox DUO aprox. 1 year ago.

My Tellstick Net has no such problems. So I'm still using it for most functionalities.

I was very disappointed after my initial setup, since I could not use the mapping functionality between the buttons and lights.

But I just love the concept you have in the product, so I've been patient and hoping that you will manage to improve this.

Good luck in improving this!

Let me know if there is anything I can assist you with on testing this. Beta testing and so on :)

Cheers,

Arve

photo

Reception might be slightly better, but still terrible compared to my Tellstick NET.

By the way, I was talking about the mapping functionality in the old UI. Where you can select what actuators a transmitter should turn on.

The reason why this is not working for me is that I need to hold in the button on the receiver for 3-4 seconds to make sure the Zipabox has managed to read the signal. In the meantime the zipabox has sometimes tried to send the command to the actuators. But there are collisions on the frequency, so the actuators is not getting a proper signal.

I have so far used a couple of the transmitters to run rules. And the rules have a delay in execution, and are executing a scenario multiple times to make sure that every actuators have got their instructions.

So turning on all my light in my living room takes between 5-20 seconds. But now with my workaround it at least turns on, almost every time.

I guess the conclusion to this is that the reception still is crap (not as crap as it used to be though), and you have no plans to fix it :(

Why don't you use the Tellstick NET code to parse the signals. It works flawlessly, and is open sourced.

This is so depressing news.

photo

The only solution for everyone how have DUO is to get a external 433 MHz module, it solved all my issus with NEXA. Zipato should not give any other solution then give the customers the external module.

The DUO dose not work.

I also think that Clas Ohlsson only sells Zipabox with external module.

http://www.clasohlson.com/se/Zipato-Zipabox-Duo/36-5595

To me it locks like Zipato take a chance with the DUO box that customer will not notice that it dose not work, and they don't do anything until customers contact them. In my world it should be the other way around, that Zipato contact the customers that bought the DUO box and offer them the external module. Because they are very well aware of the problem.

If you own a DUO box and have no problems with Nexa please feel free to write.

Best regards Jacob

Leave a Comment

Attach a file