This object is in archive! 

Daily at 19:05/20:00/2300/23:30 flickering lights

RPGP shared this problem 11 years ago
Not a Problem

Installed my new zipato en 4 Aeonlabs Energy Dimmers around a week ago, noticed some strange behaviour.

Every day at fixed times the lights that there are in on-state start flickering for a period of around 10 seconds. After that all is normal again. So far it's only happing at the 4 listed times only.

Lights are 160 watts halogeen lights, dimmed at approx 48%.

When i have the Zipato powered off at the problem times, no flickering so assume the Zipato is trigering it. Could Zipato polling the energy consuption be a reason ?

Replies (2)

photo

Did some additional testing, it's not the Zipato, had it powered off today, still the flickering.

This time the : 19:05 has become 19:20, 20:00 still the same. Not sure if the 19:20 time is sunset related.

Wil be a challenge to find out what's causing it.

photo

To me it's clear, problem is caused by powercompany sending pulses over the powergrid to trigger switch of powermeter from daytariff into nighttariff mode. At my home that happens at 23:00 .

Did test today with a Fibaro FGD 211 dimmer, that one worked 100% ok while the Aeonlabs same time was flickering.Will put Aeonlabs dimmers on hold and will go for the Fibaro dimmers instead.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file