This object is in archive! 

danfoss Radiator thermostat

stefan koster shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hallo,


I've have installed a couple of Radiator thermostat. I connected them to the zipabox, they show up under Lights and Power. but i can't figure out how get them to show up in the climate widget.

Can someone help me.

Comments (43)

photo
1

Same question here. I have added the danfoss "living connect" thermostat and now have the valve showing up under Lights and Power with the ability to set it to "on" or "off" (however when set to on nothing happens and the status snaps back to "off" after +/- 2 seconds) and a meter under Meters showing the current set value of the thermostat (which is updated when changed on the danfoss thermostat).


Setting the valve as heating output device doesn't work (nothing seems to happen when this is done).


How can the temperature be set on the thermostat?

photo
1

Milan Gulis wrote:

Have you looked in help under section Creating new climate? There you can see where your radiator thermostat should show up.

They should be visible for choosing under heating/cooling outputs when you creating new climate.

I've have tried that. It shows up as Heating output. But i get a fail message that says (Thermostat must have AT LEAST 1 Thermometer and AT LEAST 1 (Heating or Cooling) Actuator).

The problem is that the danfoss has a thermometer (it is a thermostat) but can't be readout with z-wave.


The thermostats have firmware 2.5

photo
1

Milan Gulis wrote:

Have you looked in help under section Creating new climate? There you can see where your radiator thermostat should show up.

They should be visible for choosing under heating/cooling outputs when you creating new climate.


It seems to me that you need an outputdevice (danfoss) and an inputdevice (thermometer) to create a "thermostat" in the climatewidget.


And as far as I know Danfoss had (stil has?) a problem with the thermostat even with their own linkingsystem.

I can't find the setting in Zipabox for the SPECIFIC_TYPE_SETPOINT_THERMOSTAT of the Danfoss.

*edit

In the general tab there shows up key.undefined I don't know to set it to valve or thermometer?


I tried to create something with the thermometer of my EZMotion 3in1 without succes maybe due to a total mismatch of the EZMotion; it doesn't measure anything at all.

photo
1

I was able to set them with zwave.me and a usb z-wave stick. So they work.


When i pair them with the zipabox as a generic Z-wave, they show up as


Type : key.undefined

Device : Danfoss 014G0002 +/-

UUID : (some big nummer)


Rest of the fields are empty

photo
1

stefan koster wrote:

I was able to set them with zwave.me and a usb z-wave stick. So they work.
What does the Generaltab on the device information tell?

photo
1

When I set the temp on the Danfoss manually and click in the controlcenter Danfoss "on", the valve reacts.

photo
1

DK wrote:

What does the Generaltab on the device information tell?
Name : Danfoss 014G0002 +/-


serial number : Empty

Manufacture id : Empty

Admin status : Enabled

Type: Empty

MAC address :Empty


Doesn't seem ok

photo
2

Maybe I'll buy a zigbee module and buy Zigbee valves.......

photo
1

DK wrote:

It seems to me that you need an outputdevice (danfoss) and an inputdevice (thermometer) to create a "thermostat" in the climatewidget.


And as far as I know Danfoss had (stil has?) a problem with the thermostat even with their own linkingsystem.

I can't find the setting in Zipabox for the SPECIFIC_TYPE_SETPOINT_THERMOSTAT of the Danfoss.

*edit

In the general tab there shows up key.undefined I don't know to set it to valve or thermometer?


I tried to create something with the thermometer of my EZMotion 3in1 without succes maybe due to a total mismatch of the EZMotion; it doesn't measure anything at all.

Currently we are not supporting EZMotion 3in1. We have it in our lab and we will do it soon...

You are right regarding the problems with Danfoss thermostats on Z-wave. I suggest using some other thermometer (it could be EZMotion 3in1 in few days)

photo
1

DK wrote:

Maybe I'll buy a zigbee module and buy Zigbee valves.......
before buying them, let us now which one you would like to buy. Not all Zigbee devices support Zigbee HA

photo
1

stefan koster wrote:

Name : Danfoss 014G0002 +/-


serial number : Empty

Manufacture id : Empty

Admin status : Enabled

Type: Empty

MAC address :Empty


Doesn't seem ok

It is OK, Z-wave doesn't provide those information, but we have them in device manager as Zigbee provides them. Anyway, this shouldn't be a problem...

photo
1

Leander Rijneveld wrote:

Same question here. I have added the danfoss "living connect" thermostat and now have the valve showing up under Lights and Power with the ability to set it to "on" or "off" (however when set to on nothing happens and the status snaps back to "off" after +/- 2 seconds) and a meter under Meters showing the current set value of the thermostat (which is updated when changed on the danfoss thermostat).


Setting the valve as heating output device doesn't work (nothing seems to happen when this is done).


How can the temperature be set on the thermostat?

As Danfoss is battery device, it is sleeping most of the time and sending the "set temperature" occasionally and when you change it.

When you add valve as heating output device, you need to press "SYNCHRONISE" as thermostat is placed on Zipabox, not in the cloud.

Once you do it, you can change the set point temperature from the climate widget, BUT you should be aware that this is not an imediatte action. Danfos valve is battery powered device and you should wait some time before it wakes up and pickup the information from the Zipabox. This is how it works:-( otherwise, the battery would last 7 days.

Please try this, and if the problem persist, give us an info on support@zipato.com so we can check it out....

photo
1

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

before buying them, let us now which one you would like to buy. Not all Zigbee devices support Zigbee HA
I'm considering http://www.adhoco.com/de/produkte/aktoren/adhocov1

photo
2

ask them to provide you with the device which support Zigbee HA. We bought actuators from them once, and they were not working. After we ask them, they told us that we should ask before for Zigbee HA, as they are also selling their devices based on Zigbee PRO (which is proprietary)


Anyway, you shoudn't give up from Danfoss thermostatic valve as it works fine with Zipabox. It is a slow for testing as you need to wait after you change "set point temperature" on climate widget up to 20minutes for valve to pickup this info... But later, it is a heating, and it shouldn't be fast at all...


Set is as TYPE: VALVE in general tab.

photo
1

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

As Danfoss is battery device, it is sleeping most of the time and sending the "set temperature" occasionally and when you change it.

When you add valve as heating output device, you need to press "SYNCHRONISE" as thermostat is placed on Zipabox, not in the cloud.

Once you do it, you can change the set point temperature from the climate widget, BUT you should be aware that this is not an imediatte action. Danfos valve is battery powered device and you should wait some time before it wakes up and pickup the information from the Zipabox. This is how it works:-( otherwise, the battery would last 7 days.

Please try this, and if the problem persist, give us an info on support@zipato.com so we can check it out....

I will give it another try right now. I have waited for at least 1 hour last time I tried with no result. Just to be sure: is it right that I expect the display of the valve to show the heating set point of the climat widget when the set point is successfully pushed to the valve?

photo
1

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

ask them to provide you with the device which support Zigbee HA. We bought actuators from them once, and they were not working. After we ask them, they told us that we should ask before for Zigbee HA, as they are also selling their devices based on Zigbee PRO (which is proprietary)


Anyway, you shoudn't give up from Danfoss thermostatic valve as it works fine with Zipabox. It is a slow for testing as you need to wait after you change "set point temperature" on climate widget up to 20minutes for valve to pickup this info... But later, it is a heating, and it shouldn't be fast at all...


Set is as TYPE: VALVE in general tab.

Then I"ll stick to Danfoss because I already bought 5 of them alas not mounted yet and look for some thermometers ;-)

photo
1

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Currently we are not supporting EZMotion 3in1. We have it in our lab and we will do it soon...

You are right regarding the problems with Danfoss thermostats on Z-wave. I suggest using some other thermometer (it could be EZMotion 3in1 in few days)

I want it to be the EZMotion, I want to use the motion and temperature to trigger the Danfoss.

Pity it takes 20 minutes to set the setpoint, including heating time it takes a while to heat a room.....

photo
1

Stefan, can you check which is CODE NUMBER of your Danfoss device?

a) 014G0012 - support Z-wave communication

b) 014G0001 - does NOT support Z-wave communication

c) 014G0002 - does NOT support Z-wave communication


Please, CHECK ORIGINAL PACKAGING, not Zipato UI. Zipato always showing the same code number as they are all appear as same during initial communication.

photo
1

Sh*t, my packaging shows z-wave compatible but it is 14G0002 :-(


4 Days ago I had no real trouble adding the device (generic z-wave). It was visible in the lights & power window.

But when I add it now (generic z-wave or danfoss) it only shows up as a meter and the Danfossdisplay shows it is not connected.....

photo
1

DK wrote:

I want it to be the EZMotion, I want to use the motion and temperature to trigger the Danfoss.

Pity it takes 20 minutes to set the setpoint, including heating time it takes a while to heat a room.....

I check this today as well and I gave you the wrong info. It does waking up every 8-12 minutes asking for the messages. So if you setup new set point within Zipato thermostat, it will be sent to Danfoss valve in 8-12 minutes... Sorry for misleading you:-(

photo
1

DK wrote:

Sh*t, my packaging shows z-wave compatible but it is 14G0002 :-(


4 Days ago I had no real trouble adding the device (generic z-wave). It was visible in the lights & power window.

But when I add it now (generic z-wave or danfoss) it only shows up as a meter and the Danfossdisplay shows it is not connected.....

Now we removed Danfoss from Lighs and Power as it is useless over there. It should be included in meters (showing current set point), thermostat (as heating device) and rule creator.


Sorry for this issue with part numbers, we also bought 50 of them and return them back to Danfoss after the mail which we received from them. However, we can try one more time with this model of yours tomorrow, as it is suspicious that you had any communication between Zipabox and them...

photo
1

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Now we removed Danfoss from Lighs and Power as it is useless over there. It should be included in meters (showing current set point), thermostat (as heating device) and rule creator.


Sorry for this issue with part numbers, we also bought 50 of them and return them back to Danfoss after the mail which we received from them. However, we can try one more time with this model of yours tomorrow, as it is suspicious that you had any communication between Zipabox and them...

I managed to add the device again and the setpoint shows up in meterswindow and as actuato rin rulescreator. Since the Danfoss can't be used as an input for the climatewidget I can't test any further.

Changing the setpoint on the Danfoss also changes accordingly in meterspanel.

So it seems that my 14G0002 is working with my Zipabox.

photo
1

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

I check this today as well and I gave you the wrong info. It does waking up every 8-12 minutes asking for the messages. So if you setup new set point within Zipato thermostat, it will be sent to Danfoss valve in 8-12 minutes... Sorry for misleading you:-(
No problem.

Just waiting for the EZMotion, want to try something with a rule instead of using the climatewidget.

photo
1

DK wrote:

I managed to add the device again and the setpoint shows up in meterswindow and as actuato rin rulescreator. Since the Danfoss can't be used as an input for the climatewidget I can't test any further.

Changing the setpoint on the Danfoss also changes accordingly in meterspanel.

So it seems that my 14G0002 is working with my Zipabox.

That's great. Now you can test it as input as we fix this bug....

photo
1

Same results here with the 14G0002 and 14G0001. The set point of the climat is not pushed to the valve though.... (or at least not visible on the valve's screen). Great work on the device deletion by the way!

photo
1

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

That's great. Now you can test it as input as we fix this bug....
Maybe that is the problem with this modelnumber; it is not possible to set it as input in widget (it is not listed there (only listed as output)).


(It is not a problem for me because I want to try to control my Danfoss through motion and this reply is only to share information).

photo
1

Still testing with the 14G0002.


Temp in panels shows temp of 0.00 degrees wich is wrong.


Q. What is the function of thermometer offset (-5 to 5) needed for? (in the tab configuration of devicemanager)

photo
1

Just finished testing with the new valve I ordered (14G0012 software version 2.5). Same result as with the 14G0001 and 14G0002 so still not working. Can't use the valve as heating input for the climat widget either (probably bug still not fixed). When joining the valves first time always fails; second time it gets joined though. Is there someone who has the valve working with zipabox? Maybe someone can share how it is working (and what to expect when it works)?

photo
1

Hi All,


I am also disappointed by this issue between Danfoss Live Connect and the Zipabox. I bought my box 200€ and my 2 valves 140€. So for 340€, I excepted them to communicate smoothly and quickly.

Unfortunately, It's just a nightmare. This is crazy!!!


My Zipabox firmware version : 0.9.961

I successfully joined my valves to the Zipabox. They were added to LIGHTS and POWER and they are OFFLINE. They got the sigle "!" then OFFLINE few seconds later.


What else? I can do nothing !!!


I excepted to control the temperature of my valves easily. I thought this valves integrate a thermostat....


To Zipato Team> Please give us the the step by step configuration to do that.

and provide us with the patch to fix this issue.

It 's not normal my devices are OFFLINE.


Thanks a lot in advance for your effort.


Regards

photo
1

Ok, please send us your username and password to support@zipato.com. You don' have to be worried, If this is related to Zipabox, it will work. There are many customers controling those valves with zipabox.

photo
1

I have 014G0002 and this model doesn't support Z-wave communication according Sebastian Popovic.

Moreover according Leander Rijneveld14G0001 and 14G0012 don't also work properly.


What is the solution with the Zipabox?


I can try to get the 14G0012 and make a new try. But hope it is not a waste of time.

photo
1

014G0002 will never work as it is not support Z-wave. This is an information from DANFOSS. You should use 14G0012. This one should work with Zipabox and as I said before, lots of customers are using it already (we are using it as well). Once you buy it, please let us know if there will be any problems and we will support you.

Also, Danfoss valve should be included in NEW THERMOSTAT withing a CLIMATE widget as HEATING INPUT. Once you do it properly, it should get the set point from the Zipabox every 5 minutes or more if you set so. Please not that Danfoss 014G0012 doesn't send the CURRENT TERMPERATURE over the Z-wave network so you need some THERMOMETER device to have your ZIPABOX as a proper THERMOSTAT.

photo
2

In my configaration, i Have create a virtual thermometer, and in my thermostat widget i have use this thermostat to bypass the need of a real thermostat.

With this configaration, i use the thermostat widget to schedule the setting of all my valve. and it work well

photo
1

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

014G0002 will never work as it is not support Z-wave. This is an information from DANFOSS. You should use 14G0012. This one should work with Zipabox and as I said before, lots of customers are using it already (we are using it as well). Once you buy it, please let us know if there will be any problems and we will support you.

Also, Danfoss valve should be included in NEW THERMOSTAT withing a CLIMATE widget as HEATING INPUT. Once you do it properly, it should get the set point from the Zipabox every 5 minutes or more if you set so. Please not that Danfoss 014G0012 doesn't send the CURRENT TERMPERATURE over the Z-wave network so you need some THERMOMETER device to have your ZIPABOX as a proper THERMOSTAT.

I have been told that Fibaro home automation can manage the sensor temperature inside the Danfoss Thermostat.

that is a great saving because it is not needed the additional temperature sensor as you said.

do you think you can manage in next firmware to do the same?

photo
1

Beppe S. wrote:

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

014G0002 will never work as it is not support Z-wave. This is an information from DANFOSS. You should use 14G0012. This one should work with Zipabox and as I said before, lots of customers are using it already (we are using it as well). Once you buy it, please let us know if there will be any problems and we will support you.

Also, Danfoss valve should be included in NEW THERMOSTAT withing a CLIMATE widget as HEATING INPUT. Once you do it properly, it should get the set point from the Zipabox every 5 minutes or more if you set so. Please not that Danfoss 014G0012 doesn't send the CURRENT TERMPERATURE over the Z-wave network so you need some THERMOMETER device to have your ZIPABOX as a proper THERMOSTAT.

I have been told that Fibaro home automation can manage the sensor temperature inside the Danfoss Thermostat.

that is a great saving because it is not needed the additional temperature sensor as you said.

do you think you can manage in next firmware to do the same?


This could not be managed from within a Zipabox. Danfoss valve is not sending this information to the Z-wave network. It is strange to hear that there some z-wave controllers which can manage more data on the z-wave network than the z-wave network itself.

photo
1

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

014G0002 will never work as it is not support Z-wave. This is an information from DANFOSS. You should use 14G0012. This one should work with Zipabox and as I said before, lots of customers are using it already (we are using it as well). Once you buy it, please let us know if there will be any problems and we will support you.

Also, Danfoss valve should be included in NEW THERMOSTAT withing a CLIMATE widget as HEATING INPUT. Once you do it properly, it should get the set point from the Zipabox every 5 minutes or more if you set so. Please not that Danfoss 014G0012 doesn't send the CURRENT TERMPERATURE over the Z-wave network so you need some THERMOMETER device to have your ZIPABOX as a proper THERMOSTAT.

The Danfoss doesn't show up as a HEATING INPUT!


Also how do I upload a schedule to the Danfoss to reduce battery usage? (COMMAND_CLASS_CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE)

photo
2

I bought the Danfoss module and it worked great.

But since some update, I get the message: Thermostat must have AT LEAST 1 Thermometer and AT LEAST 1 (Heating or Cooling) Actuator

What should I do?

photo
1

I've read a workarround: "create a virtual meter" and selet it to schedule the order to the Danfoss.


I've tryed but I can't select it in the climate add-in.


What is the best solution to just schedule the temperature of my Danfoss thermostat?

photo
1

I've found, I had to create a virtual level control and not a virtual thermometer.


It seems working now.

photo
1

Now the battery of my valves (Danfoss living connect) are down after 3 weeks, and after 4 days they are only 2/3 battery left, even if I've set up a wakup time of 20min in order to reduce the battery consumption.


This afternoon when I was back to home it was cold 17 (but the box was set up to 19 since 1h) I've tested the link between valves and the box, and the valve was not able to connect (before it was the ok)


After a restart and 3 h, I've tested again and still no connection.

photo
1

First of all, if you didn't notice on 100 posts so far, Danfoss valve has a bug which causing it to go into the panic mode and drain the battery. According to what we got from Danfoss, the bug is fixed in new versions. Second, we decided to make a workaround in communication in order to avoid this bug to drain the battery, so it should not happen after you upgrade the box to 0.9989.


So try to upgrade the box, and test the thermostat and danfoss valves again.

photo
1

I am also having the same problems as Michael Barbezat. I bought two Danfoss Living Connect from a french retailer. Battery lasting no more than a day or two. Temperature information not showing on the Zipato dashboard. The experience has been so far a pain in the neck. I unmounted the two valves, waiting for a solution.

So far the whole Zipato experience has been quite negative to me (first of all, the French retailer announced wrongly on his website that Zipato was compatible with wireless-X10, without mentioning which devices; I therefore bought the Zipato initially to replace my Marmitek alarm system and handle all the X10 door-and-window-opening-detection, X10 movement sensors etc..., and OF COURSE, it doesn´t work).

photo
2

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

014G0002 will never work as it is not support Z-wave. This is an information from DANFOSS. You should use 14G0012. This one should work with Zipabox and as I said before, lots of customers are using it already (we are using it as well). Once you buy it, please let us know if there will be any problems and we will support you.

Also, Danfoss valve should be included in NEW THERMOSTAT withing a CLIMATE widget as HEATING INPUT. Once you do it properly, it should get the set point from the Zipabox every 5 minutes or more if you set so. Please not that Danfoss 014G0012 doesn't send the CURRENT TERMPERATURE over the Z-wave network so you need some THERMOMETER device to have your ZIPABOX as a proper THERMOSTAT.


Actually, as I understand it this is not 100 % correct. There are two versions of the 014G0002, one "old" and one "new". The old one does have Z-wave and the new one does not. In this official Danfoss document it is all explained. It all comes down to the thermostats firmware, not the serial number.


If you are buying used thermostats you must check the FW version on the battery hatch sticker. It must be FW 1.06, 2.06 or 3.04 for it to work with 3rd party Z-wave controllers. 3.02 is the one to stay away from!!!

P.s New here, hello everybody! D.s