This object is in archive! 

Disabled Rule, then Deleted rule and still active in the Zipabox!!!

Alberto Macias shared this problem 6 years ago
Known

Has anyone have had the following problem?? This is the first time I have this issue but it is pretty annoying;


I used to have a virtual switch called ZZZ_TestSwitch which I used for debug and testing purposes. A few weeks ago I added my Sonos Bar to the zipabox (thanks for that!) and started playing with it, I added some text-to-speech mp3's to my public dropbox and made my sonos bar play them (it went pretty good). Rule remained for a couple weeks in the processor, today I added a Fibaro RGBW controller and installed, manual control from zipabox works fine, then I wanted to test it, so I created a test rule using the same ZZZ_TestSwitch.I disabled the Sonos test rule which was using the same device, saved and synced. For some reason I kept getting "Syncronization Failed" message (no invalid rules), I rebooted zipabox and then synced successfully. When I turned ON ZZZ_TestSwitch Sonos test rule which was disabled made my sonos bar to reproduce a file and my fibaro RGBW didn't do anything. I tried refreshing and synced again, it did synced successfully but after trying again I had the same issue so then I decided to delete the sonos test rule and sync, again it did it successfully, but problem persisted, Sonos test rule (deleted already) kept making my sonos bar to reproduce the file and fibaro RGBW didn't do anything. I decided then to delete the virtual switch ZZZ_TestSwitch and create a new virtual switch called TestSwitch and use it in may fibaro RGBW test rule, saved, synced (successfully) but now my test rule just don't work!!!I have synced and rebooted several times without luck, it is a very simple rule that I have had it working in several occasions for several devices and it worked just fine. Don't know what exactly is the problem but looks like the web control center compiler is not working properly, I'm running firmware 1.0.19.

Replies (5)

photo
1

In order to test how far this goes I disabled other rules and synced successfully but the rules keep being active!!

photo
1

Wow... tried to roll back to 1.0.17 and the problem persists, this is really something...

photo
1

I would suggest to use the APi and search for the rule and test switch and perhaps delete if from there. Perhaps the webui has bugs.

photo
1

Looks like indeed there was an issue with the web UI. Yesterday after this posts I opened a ticket on zipato support, they just answered that the issue should be solved now, I tried syncing with another test rule and looks like it's working. Yesterday If I tried to make any new rule it just dind't work.

photo
1

I had this once. Support fixed it. :-)

photo
1

I opened a ticket from day 1 of this problem, I know it had to be a bug somewhere. They have replied but the problem comes and goes. So far the problem seems that for some reason, in one of my zones for my partition alarm the sensor assigned to it got deleted from that configuration, with this I mean that the zone exists but if you open it there is no sensor assigned to it, and there is no way you can create a zone without configuring a zone, I'm unsure if this is the root cause of this issue.

photo
Leave a Comment
 
Attach a file