DSC 433Mhz Sensors -- how to connect to 433Mhz Expansion Module

John Engelhardt shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Hello -

I am new to Zipato (installing system this weekend). I purchased the Zipato Zipabox 433Mhz expansion module hoping to connect 10+ DSC motion and window/door sensors (all 433Mhz) directly to Zipato system -- and discontinue using the DSC (ADT) Security panel (SCW9047)

Does Zipato support DSC 433Mhz sensors? When I attempt to add a device (using DSC as manufacturing), I get a warning that "network is not available".

Thank you.

Replies (5)

photo

Very good question. You will probably have to pair these using some of the existing devices from other brands. Alternatively check if you can connect zipato with the alarm panel via rs232/485

photo

Here is the answer I received back from Zipato:

Regarding your other two questions, unfortunately, I don't have good news:

1. our 433Mhz model can't communicate with DSC wireless sensors, as these are using some proprietary protocol which is not supported by Zipato.
  2. Zipato does support DSC, but only these models which are supported by DSC IT-100 serial interface. I don't know whether your model is supported or not, but you can check this out with you DSC dealer.
  3. In case is it supported, you should connect your DSC IT100 card to your DSC panel on one side, and to Zipabox (backup module, security module, or serial module) on the other side.

photo

1. our 433Mhz model can't communicate with DSC wireless sensors, as these are using some proprietary protocol which is not supported by Zipato.

2. Zipato does support DSC, but only these models which are supported by DSC IT-100 serial interface. I don't know whether your model is supported or not, but you can check this out with you DSC dealer.

3. In case is it supported, you should connect your DSC IT100 card to your DSC panel on one side, and to Zipabox (backup module, security module, or serial module) on the other side.

photo

Leave a Comment

Attach a file