EDIMAX3110P Integration problem

David R. shared this problem 11 years ago
Solved

Hi,

I did manage to have the zipabox to detect my camera on the LAN.

What I did was first configure the CAM and then add it to the ZIPAPOX using the other EDIMAX template.

Now I can't get the thumbnail working but can have the snapshot window if I ask for it, and the motion detection doesn't update my pictures.

When I go back to my cam all the detection motion config are lost.

Best Answer
photo

Then your camera is not fully supported.

Please contact us on support@zipato.com and we will help you to configure your camera.

Replies (6)

photo

Then your camera is not fully supported.

Please contact us on support@zipato.com and we will help you to configure your camera.

photo

regarding the thumnail I get it when I'm in Jpeg mode for the CAM.

I've tried to set up a rule to take a snapshot when my door opens, but it's doesn't seems to work.

Is there a way to attache a snapshot before sending an alert mail ?

Thanks

photo

Regarding the camera configuration, if you choose some of the supported cameras system will automatically add your camera's streaming parameters and it will configure your camera to send pictures to the Zipato FTP upon motion detection. However, those are just the default settings and if you want to really use the camera's event based recording, you should go to camera's web (you can just press a button "open" or "open remote" within a camera setting window and you will be forwarded to camera's web servers) and configure your settings to best fits to your needs.

Please note that main function of Zipabox is to provide you with easier way to access to your cameras web no matter you are in local network or accessing it remotely, and to archive your event based pictures and videos on Zipato's FTP server.

Anyway, this widgets will get much more improvements in the near future...

photo

yes I've use the API of the EDIMAX and I can get it working fine with my motion detectors so far.

photo

Sorry, I forgot to comment on "rule creator" widget. Currently you can take a snapshot but this is still not done in the "spirit" of the "rule creator". Very soon, we will add additional message puzzle which will automate taking picture from the cameras and sending them within a message. This will be much faster and easier solution than using API, and it will allow "average" user to use it, too.

photo

The only way to send pictures via mail on certain event (ie related to the zipabox rules and not to the edimax motion detector) was to use the API. but in this case it's the EDIMAX that sends the pics by itself not the zipabox

Leave a Comment

Attach a file