External Antennas 433MHz and 868MHz

k84k shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Hello.

How long antenna cables may have to 433MHz module?

I have about 20-25m cable to 2x antennas http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/190073/Aurel-650200313-433MHz-Radio-Kit I have had these for my TellStick and it worked really well. Now when I plug in the cable to the external 433MHz module becomes really hot.

I assume that the module can not handle all resistance as cables and antennas form.

Therefore, I want to know what the tolerances are on the external 433MHz module.

Or do you think it might be wrong on my 433MHz module?

It may also be helpful to know the maximum approved length even at 868MHz module, there are also external antennas for 868MHz and I have really understood a great improvement with external antennas.

Replies (7)

photo

My box broke on 433 testing with 433 Auriel GP antenna and 2,5m cable. Please answer this question and confirm that it is possible to connect external antenna.

Now sitting with useless box with only 10m range.

My Tellstick with Auriel GP have no problem to cover garage at 50m.

photo

Can you please explain WHY it doesent work with dedicated 433mhz antenna?

Is Zipabox more sensitive than competitors due to designfailiure in 433 antenna output stage?

I used this antenna with Tellstick without eny problem. Tellstick rekomend using this antenna.

Knowing this i would go for other controler.

Is it advisable to use extension Cable with ORIGINAL antenna, and how long may it be?

photo

Tomislav sugest that eny antenna will do, please clearify!

photo

I think, that these devices equipped with so low power transmitter, that any kind of antenna not can be a reason for 433 module warming. If warming is abnormal, there is some other reason.

photo

Ivan, would it be possible for you to do a test at your lab?

photo

I use a Nexa wall switch LWST-605 (configured as a Chacon LWST-605). I can't really get the Zipabox Duo to react on it but from a meter or so. I have to use a Nexa repeater LEST-701 paired to the switch and placed 0,5 meters from the Zipa Duo so I can then place the switch across the room. Then it works.

Yes I have the correct antennas on the Zipabox...

photo

we didnt get a clear answer about that subject

kindly clarefy

Leave a Comment

Attach a file