This object is in archive! 

Has anybody managed to get a Fibaro FGK 101 Door/Window sensor to work?

Thomas shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hi

I have tried for days now with two different Fibaro door/window sensors - and they work for maximum one day before they suddenly start to go inverted (open when closed) or not working at all.

They should be supported by Zipabox so I would like to hear if anybody else manged to get them to work properly.

Thomas

Replies (6)

photo

cant say I have, did it include properly? I know originally people had difficulty including this, look here https://community.zipato.com/topic/how-to-use-a-fibaro-fgk-101-door-window-sensor

open a support ticket otherwise, don't forget to include your serial number.

photo

I followed all the tips and tricks I could find - including the one you are referring to. The inclusion runs without any trouble but after approx 12 hours it starts to become inverted etc.

I will open a ticket.

photo
photo

I've joined one of those. No problems with going inverted but I have an ongoing support ticket regarding it sending Tamper alerts.

photo

I have them working perfectly on nearly all my doors and windows.

photo

I also have a few at home, only one gave me problems with the inverted state, I performed a device reset and re-include it, that fixed the problem. This device is known for issues with tamper alerts, looks like part of the problem is that the tamper sensor depends on the sticker strength and this wears off with time, the other part is the amount of tamper alerts that are sent to the controller, this is allegedly a fibaro issue. I would recommend you aeon labs or zipato door sensors, these are z-wave plus and range is way better. The only advantage of the fibaro one is that you can get the sensor in different colors and it is slimmer.

photo

@David Ryan Since yours are working....which FW do you have on Zipabox and sensors?

I am now taking down my senors and replacing them with the new Telldus one....not as slim and good looking...but they are working which is a must when used for an alarm. :)

photo

I have had soooo many issues with this sensor - and has now given up the fight. I have opened a ticket and received the following response 3 weeks ago:

"Dear Thomas,

Our team is working on this case. It seems that there are certain issues with device drivers. Please be patient we will let you know when our team resolves this issue.

Best regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file