How to set up Remotec ZXT 120

Gozzi Bråten shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Hi,

How do I set up a ZXT120 with a Zipabox?

Replies (9)

photo

I'm able to connect it, but how do I config it to control my Mitsubishi AC?

I found the code list here: http://www.remotec.com.hk/photos/software/Z-wave/ZXT-120%20Code%20List%20V1.5_20131203.pdf

But where do I set this code? And how do I control the AC?

photo

Gozzi Bråten wrote:

I'm able to connect it, but how do I config it to control my Mitsubishi AC?

I found the code list here: http://www.remotec.com.hk/photos/software/Z-wave/ZXT-120%20Code%20List%20V1.5_20131203.pdf

But where do I set this code? And how do I control the AC?

read user manual, there is parameter 27 for code selection, if you are not able to find a right code, please use IR learning function.

photo

I managed to do this when I found the right user manual :)

But I still have some issues.. On the Mitsubishi Electric unit there are several codes that does the job and adjust the AC, but some of them are doing a better job than others to keep the heat at a decent level.

Is there any way adjust the fan or is this in auto or minimum all the time?

If i use the ir learning, is it then possible to use the climate widget?

photo

I have the same device. I am disappointing from it too.... I own a Daikin AC split system that uses code number 6. When i am using the climate widget, which takes the temperature from the AEON multisensor, every time the temperature change, the IR is sending AGAIN all the commands one after another. They are for the temperature, the swing function that does not work, because i have set ti to SWING OFF but still, the AC does it, and the third command is for the speed...which is only normal and high... STUPID, isn't it?!

I've set the AEON sensor to refresh every 30 min to save battery, because when it was on power adapter i set it to refresh every minute, and the AC went crazy because of the IR beeping each and every minute! Now i have to go along with the 30 minute beeping... which is only messing around with my AC and i am scared that one day it will not turn ON!

Does anybody knows how to fix this?

photo

Are you able to change fan speed? I have to ME AC units. one in the basement and one in 1.floor, so I use two zxt-120 to control them. The AC units are identical and the zxt's are set up with the same ir-code. However, one of them are running with fan at low speed and the other on high speed...

photo

IVAN VESELINOV APOSTOLOV wrote:

I have the same device. I am disappointing from it too.... I own a Daikin AC split system that uses code number 6. When i am using the climate widget, which takes the temperature from the AEON multisensor, every time the temperature change, the IR is sending AGAIN all the commands one after another. They are for the temperature, the swing function that does not work, because i have set ti to SWING OFF but still, the AC does it, and the third command is for the speed...which is only normal and high... STUPID, isn't it?!

I've set the AEON sensor to refresh every 30 min to save battery, because when it was on power adapter i set it to refresh every minute, and the AC went crazy because of the IR beeping each and every minute! Now i have to go along with the 30 minute beeping... which is only messing around with my AC and i am scared that one day it will not turn ON!

Does anybody knows how to fix this?

it is not related to ZXT-120, i think you must do setting to trigger ZXT-120.

photo

Gozzi Bråten wrote:

Are you able to change fan speed? I have to ME AC units. one in the basement and one in 1.floor, so I use two zxt-120 to control them. The AC units are identical and the zxt's are set up with the same ir-code. However, one of them are running with fan at low speed and the other on high speed...
ZXT-120 supports Fan speed, you can use their ZRC-100 to test it. I think Zipabox does not support Fan.

photo

Gozzi Bråten wrote:

I managed to do this when I found the right user manual :)

But I still have some issues.. On the Mitsubishi Electric unit there are several codes that does the job and adjust the AC, but some of them are doing a better job than others to keep the heat at a decent level.

Is there any way adjust the fan or is this in auto or minimum all the time?

If i use the ir learning, is it then possible to use the climate widgetit

it is possible to learn climate widget, but you must remember which position you have learned on, as the learning position is dedicated to the temperature.

photo

Okay, thank you :)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file