module zipato 433 does not work

Gilbert Verschueren shared this problem 10 years ago
Solved

Hello , last week my zipato module for 433 came in .After conecting the device to the 2e slot and restarted the whole box i was able to include som chacon walplugins ,Inclusion was ok but the receivers did not work. toucht it was the hardware from chacon. Bought new coco receiver plugin and the same happend . Wath is wrong ?

ps : i did syncronise after each inclusion , when i puch on/of button nothing is hapening

Replies (20)

photo

Hello Milan,

Is this correct?

Instead of learning to add a device like a Z-Wave module, you need to learn(copy) the command of an existing remote in your 433 system? in order to operate a switch.

photo

Milan Gulis wrote:

Unfortunately there are some problems with the Zipato 433mhz module transmitter functionality so a the moment you can only join transmitter devices. This will be fixed in a few days, and your module will be updated automatically.
Milan,

How can I see that the 433 module is updated and the problem with the transmitter is gone?

Can I see an version number or such kind of thing?

photo

:(

so...i bought a product that doesn't work? hope that this will be fixed asap, and preferably just days not weeks. Your reaction is much appreciated.

photo

Milan Gulis wrote:

Unfortunately there are some problems with the Zipato 433mhz module transmitter functionality so a the moment you can only join transmitter devices. This will be fixed in a few days, and your module will be updated automatically.

Hi Milan.

It is 2 weeks now.

Any news yet? Thnx.

photo

This issue has been resolved in 0.9.985, please upgrade.

photo

It works! Good news.

I have tested earleyer with the 0.9.985 without result.

Milan wrote earleyer that the RF unit has to be updated. So maybe that is done in the last days. On the other hand he told above that there will be a message under the message tab in the dashboard when they updating the RF unit. And there is no message. Strange.

But the result counts. It works.

photo

Hi!

Just received my rf433 module, have tried litteraly all possible combinations. It doesnt seem to be seeing my devices, my remote, nothing.

Is there anything i can do to make this work ?

I have a rfxcom to, wich i can use to sniff the possible generated RF traffic, but nothing is coming up, besides the traffic i generate with the remote's.

photo

I tried to edit my post, but that didnt work:

I've seem to be able to get a remote going now, with 2 buttons. I can use it in the rules editor.

However, how can i get the zipabox to generate 433 traffic as well ? Nothing i do seems to be doing that.

Regards,

photo

Iám sorry to say that there al still problems with the RF unit. When i switch the receiver by the little swich in the dashboard (lamps & device section) it is operating well. When I make an assocation with the receiver from an sensor or from a wall switch, the indicator in the lamp&device section in the dasboard moves from on to off and the other way arround, but the receiver is not reacting.

edit: I think I know what is happening. When the wall switch is sending an on signal to the Zipabox, he fills the RF spectrum. Because of this, the Zipabox can't send an on signal to the receiver. When I move the switch on the dasboard, there is no RF signal, so the Zipabox can send an on signal to the receiver. Seems a classic timing problem for an 433 device.

photo

Okay, fair is fair, i have to correct myself. AFter struggling for 2 hours, all things started working suddenly.

Something had changed defenitly, but there's no telling what.

Could the rf module be updated or something ?

photo

I think that Zipata has updated your module in de background, but I am not sure. The problem is that you can't see a version number for the software of the RF unit.

As I told earleyer, Milan told that there is a message when the module is updated. But I had no message when the RF receivers start working normal.

I find this a real problem. When Zipato update the firmware of the RF unit without notifying, there can also be new failures caused bij the new firmware. But because I don't know, I can't check the functionalty after an update.

@Milan: can you tell us why there was no message in the dasboard?

photo

Robert Salomons wrote:

Okay, fair is fair, i have to correct myself. AFter struggling for 2 hours, all things started working suddenly.

Something had changed defenitly, but there's no telling what.

Could the rf module be updated or something ?

Only if you updated the firmware on the box.

photo

Anjos wrote:

Iám sorry to say that there al still problems with the RF unit. When i switch the receiver by the little swich in the dashboard (lamps & device section) it is operating well. When I make an assocation with the receiver from an sensor or from a wall switch, the indicator in the lamp&device section in the dasboard moves from on to off and the other way arround, but the receiver is not reacting.

edit: I think I know what is happening. When the wall switch is sending an on signal to the Zipabox, he fills the RF spectrum. Because of this, the Zipabox can't send an on signal to the receiver. When I move the switch on the dasboard, there is no RF signal, so the Zipabox can send an on signal to the receiver. Seems a classic timing problem for an 433 device.

How do you make an association between the receiver and a wall switch? By learning the switch to the receiver?

photo

Anjos wrote:

I think that Zipata has updated your module in de background, but I am not sure. The problem is that you can't see a version number for the software of the RF unit.

As I told earleyer, Milan told that there is a message when the module is updated. But I had no message when the RF receivers start working normal.

I find this a real problem. When Zipato update the firmware of the RF unit without notifying, there can also be new failures caused bij the new firmware. But because I don't know, I can't check the functionalty after an update.

@Milan: can you tell us why there was no message in the dasboard?

The firmware of the RF modules is updated at the same time as the firmware of the box.

There are no separate messages or buttons to update or check the version of the RF firmware. They may be added at a later date.

photo

[offtopic]

Hi Tomislav, are u working for Zipato? Because u are a normal user on this forum. (Milan >> has a employee tag).

[/offtopic]

photo

HeroS wrote:

[offtopic]

Hi Tomislav, are u working for Zipato? Because u are a normal user on this forum. (Milan >> has a employee tag).

[/offtopic]

My mistake, fixed already:-)

photo

Tomislav Secen wrote:

Anjos wrote:

How do you make an association between the receiver and a wall switch? By learning the switch to the receiver?

No, in the tab settings from the sensor on the tab 'assosiatie'' I check the chekbox of the receiver.

photo

photo

OK, we've replicated the problem and are investigating, thank you for reporting!

photo

@Anjos - this binding issue is fixed and will be in the next firmware update.

If you want it sooner, contact support@zipato.com with your Zipabox credentials.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file