nexa CMR-101

Carl-Johan Bonander shared this problem 9 years ago
Solved

Hi

How do I connect Nexa CMR -101 step by step.

And it is possible to connect Siren - Aeon Labs ZW080 - C15?

Replies (3)

photo

All Chacon/CoCo/NEXA/etc devices are based on a very small variety of the same basic chips, and even different generations of those chips mostly use the same very simple commands as long as they are "self learning".

If it's not in the list, you can always look for something similar and try it. If that doesn't work, try something else. You most likely won't brake it. They will either work or not work. If not, try another configuration!

have a few NEXA CMR-101 that works perfectly well with Zipabox. I don't remember if I added them as a NEXA WMR-252 or EYCR-201, which both are from the same generation of NEXA dimmers as CMR-101, or if I added them as some other dimmer module. They will most likely work exactly the same anyway.

Step by step instructions:

Click Add device in "My Zipato".

Select EYCR-201 as device (try another one if this doesn't work)

Click "Join" In "My Zipato".

Push the learn button on the CMR-101 with something pointy.

Click "Continue"

And you're done!

Also always set the lowest dimming level for your specific light source following the procedure in the CMR-101 manual.

Be aware that Zipabox is completely unaware of that set lowest dimming level, and neither Zipabox, nor the dimmer does recalculate the range, so if you set the lowest level to something that corresponds to what Zipabox considers equal to "dimming value 40" and then try to dim it lower you will get equal to 40. Not a problem as long as you are aware of it!

Jonas

photo

photo

Just want to add that this works.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file