This object is in archive! 

Range of 433MHz devices

Jeremy Piaia shared this problem 9 years ago
Known

Hi

I do have few 433MHz devices (wall plugs, Oregon Scientific thermometers) that worked like a charm. They are places in rather remote rooms in my house, but still, they were working well.

Recently, they are not transmitting anymore to the box, as if they were too far. Since nothing has changed in my house, I'm wondering if recent firware updates have reduced ranges of 433 devices

thanks

Replies (2)

photo

yes, there is problems with 433Mhz module, as you can see in the many posts talking about it...

photo

Heres what you need to do to get your 433 devices working again:

1. Restart the Zipabox with the ethernet cable connected, so it does not blink.

2. Go to; http://staging.zipato.com:8080/zipato-web/app2dashboard

3. Update the Zipabox, it will acually downgrade it to 999.1

4. go to my.zipato.com, and check so the firmware version is 999.1, do not press update to 999.2!

5. If it is firmware version 999.1 then proceed, if not try the same procedure until it downgrades.

6. When you have firmware 999.1, pull the power and the ethernet cable.

7. connect powercable and wait until it starts blinking green.

8. connect the ethernet cable and wait for the box to go online.

this will make all your 433 devices work normally! :) Do not upgrade to 999.2a until they got this solved. I did that earlier when the quickfix Domagoj worked for me. And it messed it all up. Then i redid the entire procedure to downgrade and now it works again.

Also for the Zipato team. Even when the 433 devices where not workning. My Zipato Mini Keypad could turn on a 433 lamp as squawk, when i tried to turn it on/off otherwise it would not work. So i think the 433 module is online, and that there is a software issue.

Anyhow, hope this works for you guys and i hope Zipato team has use of the information for a fix.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file