This object is in archive! 

RS232 Backup module pinout

Gilles shared this problem 10 years ago
Known

I would to associate my DSC panel with an IT100 to the Zipabox but i don't find the pinout ??

And what's the process for adding DSC Alarm panel ?

When i try to add DSC panel, it ask me for left inner outer or right ??? What's that ??

Thanks for help

Best Answer
photo

Hi,

DSC panel should be connected by using IT100 card connected on one side to the DSC control panel and on other side to the Zipabox (backup module, security module or serial module), by using standard serial cable (3 wires needed).

CONNECTION

You should properly connect RX, TX and GND wires to the serial connector of the Zipabox (one of the expansion modules). Pinout of the connector, you should find in the manual of each expansion module. Pinout of the IT connector, you should find in the manual of the IT100 card.

CONFIGURATION

1. go to the ADD NEW DEVICE wizard and add DSC ALARM

2. when dialog appears asking you to choose which module are you using "inner left" or "outer left", you choose INNER LEFT if you are using expansion module (backup module) which is plug in directly to the Zipabox main unit from the left side (SLOT1). If you are using serial module, which is attached to the right side of the Zipabox main unit (SLOT2), than you select INNER RIGHT. Outer module would be some which is attached as a second in the row (not directly to the Zipabox main unit)

3. go to the security widget - DEFAULT PIN IS 0000 - when using it for the first time, you need to SAVE SECURITY SETTINGS (you can just use defaults)

4. go to ADD NEW DEVICE and select DSC door sensor or DSC motion sensor (depend of which one would you like to add). Please note that you need to trip the sensor after the countdown begins.

Once the sensor is added, Zipato will automatically create the DSC partition in the Security widget, and place the first zone inside. Repeat this for each zone, of course.

6. Please note, that you won't be able to arm/disarm until you ADD ALL THE ZONES which are connected on the DSC alarm panel.

Once you do this, you will be able to arm/disarm the panel and see the status of each zone. Furthermore, you will be able to see those DSC zones within a sensor widget and rule creator, so you can use them to trigger automation rules as well.

Replies (15)

photo

thanks but i already read them and there's nothing about the pinout of the connector on Zipabox backup module and the good way to associate a DSC panel to it

photo

Hi,

DSC panel should be connected by using IT100 card connected on one side to the DSC control panel and on other side to the Zipabox (backup module, security module or serial module), by using standard serial cable (3 wires needed).

CONNECTION

You should properly connect RX, TX and GND wires to the serial connector of the Zipabox (one of the expansion modules). Pinout of the connector, you should find in the manual of each expansion module. Pinout of the IT connector, you should find in the manual of the IT100 card.

CONFIGURATION

1. go to the ADD NEW DEVICE wizard and add DSC ALARM

2. when dialog appears asking you to choose which module are you using "inner left" or "outer left", you choose INNER LEFT if you are using expansion module (backup module) which is plug in directly to the Zipabox main unit from the left side (SLOT1). If you are using serial module, which is attached to the right side of the Zipabox main unit (SLOT2), than you select INNER RIGHT. Outer module would be some which is attached as a second in the row (not directly to the Zipabox main unit)

3. go to the security widget - DEFAULT PIN IS 0000 - when using it for the first time, you need to SAVE SECURITY SETTINGS (you can just use defaults)

4. go to ADD NEW DEVICE and select DSC door sensor or DSC motion sensor (depend of which one would you like to add). Please note that you need to trip the sensor after the countdown begins.

Once the sensor is added, Zipato will automatically create the DSC partition in the Security widget, and place the first zone inside. Repeat this for each zone, of course.

6. Please note, that you won't be able to arm/disarm until you ADD ALL THE ZONES which are connected on the DSC alarm panel.

Once you do this, you will be able to arm/disarm the panel and see the status of each zone. Furthermore, you will be able to see those DSC zones within a sensor widget and rule creator, so you can use them to trigger automation rules as well.

photo

Thanks Sebastian,

but when i add the DSC Panel it ask me inner outer left or right. Is it the place of the security module ?

As i have for now only at left the backup module, what is the right choice ?

photo

Gilles wrote:

Thanks Sebastian,

but when i add the DSC Panel it ask me inner outer left or right. Is it the place of the security module ?

As i have for now only at left the backup module, what is the right choice ?

sorry, please check the update:

3. when dialog appears asking you to choose which module are you using "inner left" or "outer left", you choose INNER LEFT if you are using expansion module (backup module) which is plug in directly to the Zipabox main unit from the left side (SLOT1). If you are using serial module, which is attached to the right side of the Zipabox main unit (SLOT2), than you select INNER RIGHT. Outer module would be some which is attached as a second in the row (not directly to the Zipabox main unit)

photo

thanks for info

I made all wjat you explain but when i go to ADD A PARTITION; i didn't got the pop-up screen to choose DSC PAnel,

Here's the screen i got:

6HlxDvxkahY58DUXSAtc

photo

this means that you didn't successfully added your DSC partition. Please send me your credentials on hello@zipato.com, so I can check it out what is going on.

photo

thanks,

i sent the mail

photo

Sebastian;

i change the cable and tested again all connexion; they seems OK ; but no pop up screen on security widget to choose dsc partition...

I you can look to help me

thanks

photo

This is an old thread, but I am curious as to how this ever worked out. I am interested in Zipato, but not sure about using its own security module as i do not want to trust z-wave for security sensors. I would rather use DSC sensors and then tie in the DSC panel to Zipato if possible.

photo

you can use the security module for the zipabox it will give you the option to add several wired sensor.

photo

trying to work through this with DSC alarm system. existing Power series with the IT-100 module. can't get the sensors, door/window, and motion to show up in the ZIPABOX. Not sure how this is going to work out. this was the one thing I was really looking for in this system and so far it's not coming together. I will post here if anything changes.

photo

Contact support.zipato.com it is the easiest.

photo
photo

Have you created the DSC network? Is the DSC visible in the UI?

photo

Please have Zeljko help with this. I can report success on this. I just finished getting my DSC power series alarm system integrated. it works great! I cannot thank Zeljko enough for his tenacity in working this problem over. for all those needing this system...you MUST have the installers code. you may have to beat up your alarm folks to get it...but they have it none the less.

photo

I know you can access your DSC alarm when connected locally. I assume you can access the alarm functions remotely as well? ( thru Zipato phone app, android?)

photo
photo

Hi, I'm new to Zipato, so this might be a silly question - do I need to splice the serial cable on one end to be able to interface it with the serial mobile?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file