This object is in archive! 

What I want from Zipato in 2015

Richard shared this idea 9 years ago
Under Consideration

Overall I have my Zipabox working and it is the hub of what could be a very useful setup. During the course of 2014 I have come across a number of problems, issues and difficulties. I can see the team are working hard to improve the functionality of the device and I just wanted to register what is important to me and the three things that I would like to see achieved during the course of 2015.

Firstly, I want the user interface to work on the devices that I use. I currently use a laptop running Windows 8.1 with both Chrome and Firefox as my main browsers. In both cases, I tend to keep pretty much up to date. I also use both a smartphone and an Android tablet. In both cases, Chrome is the standard browser. Whichever of the three devices I am using, I want to be able to log on, edit rules, edit devices, turn them on and off and monitor them.

I dont mind if there is a limited number of browsers that are supported, as long as the supported ones are clearly documented and maintained. The Zipabox is important enough to me that I would consider adding an additional browser to the ones I normally use.

The second thing I would like to see is something I have seen elsewhere, a "map view" of my home with all the devices in the right place and able to be accessed and monitored. The version I saw before allowed the "map" to be imported as a JPEG or drawing file and then have icons relating to zwave devices be place on it. So thermostats would show temperature, light meters show light levels, switches would turn lights and other devices on and off. However the map would provide a context that allowed the status of each room to be viewed as a whole.

Finally, I think this already exists but I havent yet found the full documentation for it. I want to extract event information in a useable form from all of the devices linked to the Zipabox so that I can log them, correlate them and analyse them using other programmes or applications. If this is possible and documentation already exists, then I'd be grateful if someone can point me at it. If it doesnt, I'd really like the capability to do it.

All of these are very achievable and would make the Zipabox into a really easy to use device, practical for most people to easily implement into a comprehensive home automation system. Along with good technical documentation and a means of logging rule activity and their results would make life much easier.

If you can fit those three wishes into the development schedule for 2015, plus create a full set of technical documents plus a rule logging capability, I will be a very happy user.

Wishing you all the best for 2015.

Richard

Replies (3)

photo

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am quite sure that all of your wishes will come true in 2015;-)

Wish you a happy New Year!

photo

is there any update for that wish lest ( from 5 months )

photo
photo

In wishes, I will add, better management of KNX Device

Best wishes for the New Year !

Jerome

photo

Another wishes....Compatibility with Weather Station, Thermostat NETATMO :o)

regards,

Jerome

Leave a Comment

Attach a file