This object is in archive! 

Zipabox Duo with 433 (problem with 433Mhz antenna)

Lindroos shared this problem 9 years ago
In Progress

Hello,

I recently bought this Zipabox Duo with 433Mhz functionality for Nexa devices. Everything seemed to work OK, but I was wondering why the range was so poor with Z-Wave (I actually posted a question about that here aswell). Then I decided to try the functionalities of z-wave without connecting the additional antenna for 433Mhz devices and the range improved dramatically.

Since removing the additional 433 antenna I could get connection for devices outside 4m range of the zipabox and even behind wooden doors but with the 433 antenna attached I could only get those z-wave devices connected that were in visually clear path within 4 meters from zipabox.

What should I do with the device since it's clearly not working correctly or is this some kind of a feature?

BR,

Lindroos

p.s. Also I haven't got any response to the support tickets I've posted (first one was a few days ago)

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Lindroos,

That's certainly not a feature, Z-Wave range should be much greater.

I see you just created a support ticket for it, one of our support guys will contact you soon.

--

Thanks,

Tom

photo

If you bought a Zipabox Duo you got two antennas and they mount very close to each other. Probably they interfere. I seperated mine by rotating them in a 90 degree position to each other. That improved performance. Still I will be connecting a short cable to one of them for a more robust setup. Also note that the short antenna is for 433 MHz (!)

photo

any clarification for that

kindly advice zipato team

photo

Also make sure you connected the right antenna to the right plug. They should have a red and a blue dot on them that says which is which.

See

https://community.zipato.com/attachments/949

If you bend the antennas 90 deg there should be an color dot underneath.

red - antenna 2 (433 MHz)

blue - antenna 1 (Z-Wave)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file