Zipatile Virtual switch - https command

Lumir Pelikan shared this question 5 months ago
Need Answer

Hi,

I tried to remote control virtual switch in zipato by https command. I copied url from virtual switch settings ending with "state=" and tried values 1,true,on but none of them turn the switch on. I am able to change value of virtual meter this way, but no cirtual switch. How can I remote control virtual switch?


Regards,

Lumir

Comments (21)

photo
1

hello

=true or =false


thierry

photo
1

yes for some reason, old virtual switches still work, but new ones do not.

Also V sensors and meters are working just not switches, so you can try using a sensor instead.

People have mentioned this before but zipato have not done anything about it yet.

photo
1

Yes, I tried all mentioned (true, false too) but without success.

What's funny, I did't submit this issue as "Topic" but as "Ticket". And as you can see, somebody from Zipato support moved my ticket to community. Is this a common practice?

photo
1

I created a new virtual switch and after doing a synchronization, I ordered with the http command without problem. It works well at home.

photo
1

Not working for me. I tried it several times but without success. Virtual meter is working ok but virtual switch not.

photo
1

Just a couple of days ago I created new switches and successfully operated them using the URL.


What I noticed was that, sometimes, a switch will be created with an empty attributeUrls section, like this:


"attributeUrls" : [ ],

"category" : "ONOFF",


In that case, the switch doesn't work properly at all, either in rules or via the API.

photo
1

What FW version are you using? I am on beta FW 1.3.13e and virtual switches http command is not working. Virtual meter is working correctly.

photo
1

I have 1.3.13.


Something's definitely up with virtual switches.


I created a virtual switch to operate from Alexa. I had to try a few times to create a switch that didn't have an empty attributeUrls section. But now, the switch I successfully created, and which *did* have an attributeUrls section, no longer does. And the switch has stopped working.


Somehow, the attribute URL has been "lost".

photo
1

Great.

And there is no asnwer from support yet. Instead of issue resolution they moved my "ticket" to "topic" and let community to try to solve it. I'm disappointed of the way the support is "solving" such an issues with their product. From what I see in the forum, Zipato looks like OpenSource community project, not something for commercial production. Basic features are not working and there is no response from support for ages.

So please zipato, open the source code and let community to develop a functional product if you are not able to solve basic issues...

photo
2

I definitely get the impression that they're taking longer to fix problems (and definitely longer to reply to tickets).

photo
2

I'm aware of Zipato is small company. I like their products, but if there is slow issue resolutions (some topics are there for years without solution), nobody will buy their products. Regarding this particular issue, Zipato is aware of this for 6 months:

https://community.zipato.com/topic/old-virtual-switches-do-react-on-url-request-new-ones-not


The support is not for us (installers) but for our customers - I really don't want to sell half-finished product and be the one who are selling something to my customer and be no able to solve issues within a reasonable time.

Maybe it's time to open the sources or SDK for community (registered developers), because there will be no reason to pay for closed system with slow support.

photo
1

2 months, and virtual switches still not working...

photo
1

not true, I can use them. Both 0/1 and on/off and true/false commands work.

photo
1

The problem is present with a newly created virtual switch. The old ones work well ...

The new ones only work after several days ...

photo
photo
1

I don't think this is a black and white thing. There definitely is some kind of problem, because it's happened to me. I've created switches that didn't work. I deleted them, created new ones, and they *did* work. I've also seen the phenomenon whereby a switch didn't initially work, but then later started working.


I reported to Zipato that in one case, when a switch was created, the attributeUrls section of the virtual endpoint was empty, and the switch appeared not to work. After some time, the attributeUrls appeared, and the switch started working. In other cases, the attributeUrls section never appears but the switch works anyway.


It's confusing and Zipato are probably having a hard time locking down the cause.

photo
1

That's great, Zipato is aware of this issue for months and there is still no solution. What's funny, virtual meter is working normally, only virtual switch not...and Zipato si not able to solve this for months. Shame on you, Zipato.

photo
1

Hi all,

new virtual switches is now working! Thank you Zipato.

photo
1

Just created a virtual switch and it does not work.

photo
1

Yes it does.

Create a new virtual switch. You will find the url on clicking the state attribute. state =1: switch is on, state = 0: switch is off.

photo
1

Today it works! Yesterday the VirtualEndpoints created for virtual switches were missing a lot of attributes and I was unable to change the state.

photo