This object is in archive! 

IoT

Leonardo Matos shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

Would it be possible to program in Python and Node RED inside the Zipato controllers?

Replies (3)

photo

I doubt it. However always in for a surprise from Zipato. Btw you can always setup a different controller (i.e. raspberry pi) and use Node RED and Zipato (either via the API or via MQTT) on that controller

photo

I'm liking Zipato controllers more and more. I work with KNX and I want to start work on IoT too. I found a program image in Node RED with a Zipato pallet

photo

Subjects like MQTT Python and Node RED interest me a lot. I am thinking of using Zipato Zipatile and Zipabox Controllers with the KNX protocol. I believe it will be very interesting.

photo
photo

Now you answered me a very big question. I plan on using Zipato and Iridium Mobile on the same KNX project and using the MQTT protocol between them. Will it work

photo

You need a MQTT broker. At the moment this broker can't be done on a Zipabox/tile, so you have to implement this broker on another platform. Once you have a broker you can connect the box/tile to this broker by selecting the MQTT device in the device manager

photo

Thank you John Rabbit . Can I try using a raspberry PI as a broker ? Actually I'd like to use Iridium Mobile's UMC Gateway as a broker. But I don't know if this is possible .

photo

Yes you can. Here i am using a raspberry PI with openhab and Mosquitto as MQTT Broekr.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file