This object is in archive! 

Indoor Siren

Christoph Clasen shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi

i ordered last week a new Zipato Indoor sirene. (the round one)

With 10 Types of sound...

But after including you cound not select the kind of sound. Only Alarm on/off

Does someone else use this Siren ?

regards

Chris

Replies (9)

photo

Hi

siren sounds can be changed by configuration parameter 5 - see part from its manual:

/0953854001e5cc83cde52853f8fbb060

photo

Hi

thats wellknown.

You can choise with parameter 5 the typ of alarm sound,

And with parameter 6 the doorbell sound.

The Question is....how to aktivate the door bell.

There is no option in the rule creater.

/3f99f299ef3dccdc8761b9cd5b611cc9

photo

Hi

in the rule creator is not possble to change configuration parameters.

photo

Hi Dino

are you familar with the zipato system ?

In the rule craeter you can choise the kind of signal you want to hear. Thats works for all of the other sirens.

So explaime me how i can send a door bell signal? (it´s not possible)

The device is not fully implemted. But i need the door bell funktion for my customer.

Chris

photo

Hi Christoph,

according to manual, doorbell signal is possble to get when siren receives a door/window sensor notification report (see fig) - it means you have to create an association between door/window sensor and siren to have door bell sound. Otherwise, in rule creator (and alarm virtual device, too) alarm sound will be activated.

/26a7fb86d4ad07cc9b2ca670cf9e0c53

photo
photo

Thats the problem...

i have some older sirens who that works.

Withe the newer one (the round one) it´s not possible.

So lock in to my Box and send me a doorbell. I´m here and waiting.

/229c27653c9e08d14342501541261931

photo

I also have new Siren ne-nas-ab02z.eu.

Does anybody know how I can configure different sounds when it is used with Smartthings Hub ?

photo

Hi

you can change configuration parameter 5 and set its sound. Please refer to its manual.

photo

Hi brian i think there are two Problems. First you have to choise which Type of Sound Do you want one for Alarm and one for doorbell. That is fixed then. Not realy brillant. Second: you can not select Alarm or doorbell in the rule creater. In other words it is Bull#######

photo

Hello Dino, I've been through the manual but the configuration options do not seem to be available through the Smartthings App.

I can turn it off or on (strobe & siren) the only settings are shown in the attached screenshot

photo
photo

Hi dino please read my post again. There is noch Problem to Set a noise Typ. But There is a Problem to select it in the rule creater. Have you unterstand this?

photo

Hi

I have understood your issue and I already answered you - in general, in the rule creator is not possible to change configuration parameters (for any device so it is not possible for Siren ne-nas-ab02z.eu, too).

If you want to change sound type for this siren, you have to use configuration parameter not rule creator.

I hope, it is clear now.

photo

Hi Dino

the Device has to funktions.

1) Sirene

2) Door bell

you can only choise the siren. Doorbell is not avalable.

In the device manager you can selct these but not in the rule crester. My customer need both, Sirene and doorbell.

In the device Manual it is written that this is possible. In practise not.

What i have done wrong ?

photo

Hi,

according to its manual, doorbell music is enabled by association between door/window sensor and siren (see fig where part from manaul is shown). It means you should create association group between Door sensor and siren. When door is open, doorbell music (set under configuration parameter 6) should sound.

/94c422f6b41c4f71aae0c16a9bed313e

photo

And how does i use this parameters with the zipabox ?

It it not possible to send a doorbell signal to the device.

Please show me how it works.

You have my box nummber. Please send me a doorbell...

photo

Hi

it requires to set association and configuration parameter. Both features can be set under configuratino menu (configuration parameter) and Advance configuration (Association). If you are need support for those tasks, please submit a ticket with the serial number of your controller and Zipato support team will help you to fix it.

Regards

Dino

photo

Hi Dino

the Assotionen parameters are nice but i want to write a rule to use doorbell or alarm.

That i have done the last 5 years.

How shoud i do this with an assotiation? (without rules?)

We need a selection feld in the rule creater. Do you agree with me ?

photo

Hi

in rule is possible to use anothe siren type which has sound type in its parameters not int he configuration parameters. Configuration parameters is not possible to change in rules. Associations works without controller - just when door is open, door sensor sends report to associated siren and it sounds with doorbell sound - no rule is required.

photo

Hi Dino

i know that assotioation works without an controler.

But i have a controler, your controler a zipabox.

And i have your Siren, Zipato Siren.

It is not possible to send a doorbell signal to the device!!!! wiht a Zipato Controler.

I think that might work. Otherwise the device is sensless.

photo

Hi all

I have two Zipato indoor sirens, and I have the possibility to select the different sounds in the rule creator. It seems that the discriptor is damaged.

/9019bef4864b9e76318c3d2b4fccb0db

EDIT: I see I have another Zipato siren. I'll use this one:: https://www.zipato.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ph-pse02-Zipato-Siren-User-Manual-v1.2.pdf

photo

Hi Dino

yes i also have some of these sirenes in other projekts.

But your actuel sirene, Zipato indoor Sirne (round one) is not able do send doorbell signals.

So please implement the siren correct and the problem disappears.

That is a job for the technical development.

It is your own sirene (not from fibaro or Aeotec). So make it work...

Or is your recommendation: Buy another one ?????

photo

What is the solution for the problem?

photo
photo

Hi

there are two types of Zipato Indoor siren:

1. PH-PSE02 (https://www.zipato.com/how-it-works/supported-devices?modelId=795&manufacturers=zipato) - it has multisound settings in its descriptor so it is possible to use sound types in the rule creator

2. NE_NAS-AB02Z (https://www.zipato.com/how-it-works/supported-devices?modelId=577&manufacturers=zipato) - it has multisound settings in its configuratino parameters so it is not possible to use sound types in the rule creator

photo

Yes i know this.

You advertised the second siren with mutiple sounds, in the internet and on the Box. Produced by ZTipato.

And now these predictions are not true.

Everyone will send back these device..me too.

So it is a bagatelle to solf thes issue in the device implementation.

Will you solf these ore is the case now closed?

photo

You're right, it seems there's some discrepancy between the advertised features of the Zipato Indoor Siren and the actual functionality you're experiencing. Soundtrack to Victory! A Small World Cup gets fresh beats! New music and sounds pump up the excitement and make every goal celebration even more epic!

photo

I have read your post very carefully and I just want to say that the information you shared is really great and I have learned a lot from it. Suika game

Leave a Comment

Attach a file