This object is in archive! 

No attributes or variables in HTTP requests after update

Guest shared this problem 10 years ago
In Progress

This afternoon I installed the new firmware which supposed to be able to supply this feature:- attributes and variables in HTTP requests and messages

I tried it in 2 different rules, one http request to Pushover.net and one by email. Both messages do not contain the value of the given parameter, but just the full-text of the parameter like this:

1. ${attributes.get("123456-xxx-yyyy-1234-1234567890", "com.zipato.cluster.MultiLvlSensor", "value3")}

Am I doing something wrong?

Replies (50)

photo

Sorry, had to remove that option from production... We will keep you posted when it will be back...

photo

argh I was impatiently waiting for this feature too.

Hope it's gonna be here soon

photo

Note that there is already an idea about it: http://community.zipato.com/responses/id-like-to-add-parameters-in-http-request

That was not set as solved ;). But anyway it seems it was avalaible shortly on production. How did you know that :) ? Is there a documentation about this "futur" functionnality? or a kind of documentation?

photo

I saw the feature right after the first upgrade. I just got the time to test it (broken) and it was gone from the gui.

--

That was not set as solved ;)

--

Actually it is part of the release note:

--

attributes and variables in HTTP requests and messages

--

photo

So, this feature are not in the last Update ?

Update this post please : http://community.zipato.com/responses/zipabox-firmware-upgrade-0997-will-be-available-tomorrow

Because I search this option since more a hour !

photo

stop looking for it :)

It has been here for a few hours (I saw it:)) and it has been removed from GUI.

I guess they are working on it before they put it back.

photo

Actually this feature is not published yet, support for that is implemented in new box firmware and it's going to be implemented on web.

It was published for a few hours by mistake.

photo

Hi zipato team,

you know you're confusing everybody by advertising feature as released but they are only on the firmware and not on the web UI.

Can you tell us when you plan to provide the web ui for this feature ?

Tks,

photo

Hi zipato,

Do you have an ETA for that ?

Tks,

photo

This feature will be released in v.1.0 and we expect this one to be available during June, this year. Most probably, it will be part of the "PRO TOOLS", but more about this we will be able to disclose before the release...

photo

ok we will wait then.

You talked about a billable "premium package" in another thread and now you mention "pro tools".

It seems you are seriously changing the way zipabox software is packaged.

We look forward to hearing from you more detailed explanation about that.

photo

[H4]Sebastian Popovic wrote: [/H4]This feature will be released in v.1.0 and we expect this one to be available during June, this year. Most probably, it will be part of the "PRO TOOLS", but more about this we will be able to disclose before the release...

hum ...

In the following thread : http://community.zipato.com/responses/priority-in-zipato-development-plan- , I wrote :

"I also bought the zipabox last week, thinking I will get the variables in HTTP request as a basic functionnality. May I have to reconsider my choice ?"

And you replied 5 days ago :

"@ardillon We still don't have any features which we consider as "premium". Http requests are available as basic feature."

... So Zipato changed their position in 5 days ?? Or there will be free of charge "Pro tools" ?

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

This feature will be released in v.1.0 and we expect this one to be available during June, this year. Most probably, it will be part of the "PRO TOOLS", but more about this we will be able to disclose before the release...
It's seems to me a very basic feature... I REALLY hope i'll don't have to pay for functionnalities like this...

photo

I suppose all the features could be considered as the basic features, but certain number of them included in the package could be demanding for both development and the maintenance. Don't worry, definitely we don't expect anyone to pay single feature like this one.

photo

ardillon wrote:

hum ...

In the following thread : http://community.zipato.com/responses/priority-in-zipato-development-plan- , I wrote :

"I also bought the zipabox last week, thinking I will get the variables in HTTP request as a basic functionnality. May I have to reconsider my choice ?"

And you replied 5 days ago :

"@ardillon We still don't have any features which we consider as "premium". Http requests are available as basic feature."

... So Zipato changed their position in 5 days ?? Or there will be free of charge "Pro tools" ?

Http requests will stay as they are within a basic tools for free. PRO tooling will allow using variables within a http requests (among all other things...)

photo

This is a bad news

photo

Hello,

zipabox community is debugging the software for you and you would like us to pay? I say no!

photo

Definitely bad news ... I'm not going to recommand Zipabox to my customers anymore ... ;(

photo

Bad news! I'm disappointed. I try to find the best box for my next domotic system. I give up zipabox without this kind of functionnality

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Http requests will stay as they are within a basic tools for free. PRO tooling will allow using variables within a http requests (among all other things...)

HTTP request are useless without variables.In fact, after a few month with a zipabox, zipabox is useless without temps graphs and other BASIC missing features.This is VERY bad news. I hope you'll reconsider this decision because otherwise i'll surely move to another solution.

photo

It's a very bad news... I will not recommend Zipabox... HTTP request is a basic feature, in every box... without variables, HTTP request is usless...

Why can't use HTTP request without serveur, in a local area network ??? It's free for you, and we can shunt the premium pack !!

photo

I agree since the beginning that the ability to use historical data regarding parameters is a MUST HAVE.

I would understand that graphs and other advanced analytics stuff could be chargeable.

But as there's still nothing in this area, Zipato should at least offer free of charge the ability to send parameters data elsewhere.

Personnally I will study alternatives (ZWave with Raspberry PI or Synology for instance) as I'm not ready to pay to have access to my own raw data (and I did not see any working value-added service yet)

photo

I agree too...

photo

Some of you are expecting support team to be available 24 hours and to answer the questions like "how can I use variables in the http requests" (I suppose this is really necessary for basic home automation!?!?), and still not willing to pay for it?! What kind of engineer we can hire in our support team for that amount of money?

I will not mention the maintenance of the monitoring servers and reliability requested by some of you...

photo

The problem is not the fact that there are chargeable premium features. The issue is that is was not specified when we bought the Zipabox...

Then, starting to discuss about premium feature while the main basic ones are still not stable may not be the best way to have the community accept to pay ...

I'm quite surprised by your last sentence ... Yes I'am expecting realiabilty from a company that sold me a cloud based home automation system, while indicating on its official website that the Zipabox is " "cutting edge" automation gateway, and managed 24/7 by Zipato monitoring and automation cloud." ...

Some class actions started from less then that ...

photo

Than just allow me to be quite surprised with your first sentence in which you are mentioning the PROBLEM as we didn't tell you that some day, there will be some new features which will be available for charge.

Also, "starting"of what? Did you see any promotion activity of our premium features, besides answering to your questions which are not related to our current feature but the ones which we don't even have at the moment.

And finally, regarding the "reliability" of cloud services I know some things about it, as we are paying a lot for some cloud services, and we can also pay MORE in case I want HIGHER RELIABILITY.

photo

hum ... Am I the only one user still confused ?? ... Haven't you wrote just 18 hours ago that "Most probably, it will be part of the "PRO TOOLS", but more about this we will be able to disclose before the release..." ??? So yes, you told us that some day, there will be some new features which will be available for charge.

However, If I did not understood what "PRO TOOLS" means, I apologize ...

photo

Once again, for the last time: pro tools are not defined yet. There are some known features which we plan to add, but still we don't know how many of them, and how much the package will cost. Certainly, there won't be only one feature in the package and certainly we will try to make it attractive as otherwise there won't be any use of it.

photo

I understand that it would be complicated and expensive for you to answer to questions about how to use the parameters, this is highly expensive!

But you can have a simple documentation build by zipato, which is normal for a product. It would be nice if some users would be able to participate to improve the documentation. You know the power of the "community" which is close to "free" for you!

And you can have a dedicated hotline for "PRO" users to answer to these questions.

But like Olivier Flebus said, there are few graphs available and the http request with parameters are really necessary to use these data.

In the same time I think you should clarify the price and the content of the pack you are going to proposed, so users would have a clear idea, because at this time we are chatting about "something" which is useless, except the functionnality about request with parameters.

photo

I completely agree with you. As soon as we will have clear idea about this, I will share it here with you.

photo

I am not really happy reading this... When I bought the zipabox nobody tell me that I will have to pay again for some advanced features ! If I have known that, I would probably not have bought tihs box. If you sell pro or advanced features and you inform people who want to buy it is different, but it is not our case !

It would be a great thing that you offer pro services for people who bought your box before knowing that they will have to pay again for other services ! Moreover, first users are helping you to correcting the box and are quite patient when they have to set, test or recreate rules or schedulers every time you modify them !

it seems you are considering your first users like silly people ! Too bad for a box wich was promissing so much....

photo

domoteek wrote:

I am not really happy reading this... When I bought the zipabox nobody tell me that I will have to pay again for some advanced features ! If I have known that, I would probably not have bought tihs box. If you sell pro or advanced features and you inform people who want to buy it is different, but it is not our case !

It would be a great thing that you offer pro services for people who bought your box before knowing that they will have to pay again for other services ! Moreover, first users are helping you to correcting the box and are quite patient when they have to set, test or recreate rules or schedulers every time you modify them !

it seems you are considering your first users like silly people ! Too bad for a box wich was promissing so much....

I have to say this is amazing. You don't have to buy any of the future services and the current services will stay free of charge.

photo

Let's be honest : If I paid the zipato box (maybe a bit lessexpensive than other) it is for 2 reasons :

1) I'm early adaptor and some bugs could be present : Ok on this area no disappointed. I got bunch of bugs and could use the box for almost 2 months. Now I know what means early adpator in zipato world

2) I bet on the future of the box but not by paying more for features indicated on the forum as in the roadmap long time ago: variable on http request. I already set up a complete HTTP server to graph et correctly monitor some sensor.

Ok to get some premium feature are billable but not the one you said ok on the forum without any mention to the price

Sebastian, I guess you see you created a pretty hot situation by talking twice about premium features and not being clear on your plan. I suggest you communicate asap on what is the future of the box if you want to avoid large span to other forum.

photo

@xmeslin : I totally share your point of view. ;)

@Sebastian : It's not that I do not want to pay for any NEW services in the future. It's only that I felt (maybe wrongly, but I am obviously not the only one as you can see the number of reactions) that some services or improvements already described on this official forum would suddenly become premium...

I do too think the Zipabox, while still needing some work to be considered no more in beta version, is truly one of the best home automation system for 2013.

Then, as Xmeslin and Fred said, a clear and exhaustive communication regarding this premium package is mandatory as soon as possible.

Until then, I promise I'll try to keep constructive and not asking the same questions all the time ;) ;) ;)

photo

for me http request with variables is must have and so must be part of basic features.... if not the case I will change to an other box... doesn't want to pay for a service is free in other boxes

photo

Gilles: What other box for 199 Eur offers HTTP request service with variables?

photo

It's possible with the Vera Lite (=142 euro). Zipato stated in the release notes of version 0.9.97 this feature was added: http://community.zipato.com/responses/zipabox-firmware-upgrade-0997-will-be-available-tomorrow

So any other discussion about Premium features or Pro Tools is basically irrelevant. Zipato should also stop mentioning this as long as they don't have a clear idea about it. I'm not the first person saying this, but Zipato should create a roadmap and share this with the community, so we know what and when to expect.

photo

Kristian Olofsson wrote:

Gilles: What other box for 199 Eur offers HTTP request service with variables?
This is not the problem ! The problem is that when we bought the box nobody tell us that we will have to pay again, otherwise we will have only basic feautres ! Is is not a correct posture for their first clients ! The should have communicate on it at the beginning !

photo

I think we (the community, zipato users) should not forget that Zipato is a company = they need money to survive, to pay developers designers... improve functionalities cloud... The money is coming from selling new box, new modules on the box and also with packages, all the company works the same, we are all working somewhere and we want to have money at the end of the month. Also since the beginning they are saying they will ask for specific features like SMS alerts... which sound logic.

But as many of us said there was no sign about this functionality that we would have to pay for this one. And as many of us said this is a basic functionality for a box because there are some others features like graphs (that some others box offers for free). So may be zipato should make a choice: offer nice graphs or parameters or requires us to pay!. But I am sure there will be more people ready to be for graph than parameters because few users will be available to do it, except if you do a new simple engine for using parameters like you did with the rules. Even if on my point of view the main difficulty stay the same (it requires logic...), this is still not enough simple, macro and a kind of suggestion of intelligent rules would be an very advanced feature! I do not think a simple user is able to create rules for now.

And also I already said that but it could be nice to have a clear view of what will be in the standard package and what will be in the others packages. In this way users would be able to take a choice before buying the box and for earlier buyers to make a new choice!.Take your time, tell us when you will communicate about that and everything will be ok ;)

It is true that the box is still in development, there are still some bugs, regressions... Zipato team is working hard to do its best. It is true that we are first users and testers. This gives somes advantages and inconveniences. In the advantages I would say: we can give ask and give our opinion to Zipato and they do it as fast as possible. In the inconveniences: bugs and regressions. But I do not think it give to us more rights and we should not ask for something more (because we bought it and for most of us we knew it) except "trust" and "listening" from zipato.

Another idea for Zipato is to use the community. It is possible to be a company, to make money and use the community to decrease costs. This is more and more common at that time with the open source projects. Zipabox is not open source and it is not a big deal. But there are coming open source solutions that can be competitive. I think there are some solutions to find between both strategies that would be a win-win solution for users and for zipato. For example: wiki documentation, special users with discount who can do tests, documentation... A brain storming around that would be interesting, invent the future ;).

photo

@Kristian as Hako74 told the vera is less expensive and have this available...of course the targeted user are not the same.

Anyway the only think that we all want to know is: does the HTTP request including variables will be free or not. Zipato just have to reply to that and user can take a decission.

My understanding is that the actual features will be stabilized and stay free ... and the futur ones could start to be charged

personnaly without this feature for free I will leave to an other box (probably more expensive but complete and stable).

photo

This is a good example of another specific topic requiring a fundamental understanding of commercial and technical strategy. My posting in http://community.zipato.com/responses/priority-in-zipato-development-plan- I requested publication of a software release plan with details of any new features and lists of what known problems have been addressed by each release. This is being considered by Zipato but only for post release 1 firmware.

Many companies have launched home automation solutions in the past, somewhat too early in my opinion, which took advantage of early adopters, then failed to deliver on promised functions or documentation in a reasonable timescale only to loose those early adopters as soon as the next solution offering more appeared in the market place.

As technology changes at such a rapid pace, customers are not generally prepared to wait months or even weeks for basic functionality to work. It is therefore even more important that Zipato now publish a clear development plan to get customer confidence back especially after a number of unclear communications over what is free/to be paid for functionality. In addition, recent releases have broken previously working functionality e.g. the scheduler which has added to customer frustration.

Setting up a home automation system takes time and some considerable expense. Having to deal with unexpected problems with controllers, devices and compatibility can sap the life blood out of any project. I gave up with my Vera system after only two months of trying! The Zipato solution promised an easy to configure solution but problems with quality of pre-release testing is testing my resolve.

I hope significant progress is made by Zipato in the next few weeks clearing known problems before release 1 scheduled for June. If not it will be the Raspberry Pi and Z-Wave card next for me to try.

photo

Colin Hooker wrote:

This is a good example of another specific topic requiring a fundamental understanding of commercial and technical strategy. My posting in http://community.zipato.com/responses/priority-in-zipato-development-plan- I requested publication of a software release plan with details of any new features and lists of what known problems have been addressed by each release. This is being considered by Zipato but only for post release 1 firmware.

Many companies have launched home automation solutions in the past, somewhat too early in my opinion, which took advantage of early adopters, then failed to deliver on promised functions or documentation in a reasonable timescale only to loose those early adopters as soon as the next solution offering more appeared in the market place.

As technology changes at such a rapid pace, customers are not generally prepared to wait months or even weeks for basic functionality to work. It is therefore even more important that Zipato now publish a clear development plan to get customer confidence back especially after a number of unclear communications over what is free/to be paid for functionality. In addition, recent releases have broken previously working functionality e.g. the scheduler which has added to customer frustration.

Setting up a home automation system takes time and some considerable expense. Having to deal with unexpected problems with controllers, devices and compatibility can sap the life blood out of any project. I gave up with my Vera system after only two months of trying! The Zipato solution promised an easy to configure solution but problems with quality of pre-release testing is testing my resolve.

I hope significant progress is made by Zipato in the next few weeks clearing known problems before release 1 scheduled for June. If not it will be the Raspberry Pi and Z-Wave card next for me to try.

I have to say this is a good and motivating post. Thank you. We are working now mostly on reliability issues and today we will already publish new firmware with scheduler fix...

photo

This thread is just... wow! U_U

photo

Really wow. 1 year ago, and still is unclarified things, where we are going

photo

What I don't understand, even find suspicious, is why with such a good start and such market potential, Zipato is not expanding their development team and keeping their users happier.

Laziness, loss of core developers, paralysis by fear of competition, bad leadership... Your guess is as good as mine...

Come on Zipato!

photo

I understand everybody has their own priorities (and dissapointments), but can be keep this on topic please?

thank you.

photo

A great evolution ! Thanks Zipato for always offering us more for the same price ! As you said...

photo

Well, yes, I suppose that's a more constructive path. I agree and join you.

It's always difficult to find a balanced path in keeping our providers sharp!

Again: come on Zipato! You have so much MORE market and product and user happiness potential.

photo

Well, yes, I suppose that's a more constructive path. I agree and join you.

It's always difficult to find a balanced path in keeping our providers sharp!

Again: come on Zipato! You have so much MORE market and product and user happiness potential.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file