This object is in archive! 

Zipato V3 System Features

Alberto Macias shared this idea 3 years ago
In Progress

Since there is not much knowledge base about V3 that I can find, I figured to open this topic to get feedback both from Zipato and end user about V3 new functionality. I have been a Zipato user for a few years now and I got very familiar with the previous version of the system, I have a Zipamicro and Zbox still in previous version (both in different homes) which I'm hesitant to migrate yet, I also have now one Ztile2, one Zitle1 and another Zmicro on V3 that I'm testing before migrating.

Besides the obvious (new app, and app-based environment), I noticed there is no need for cluster, every system can have multiple controllers which leads me to some questions;

1. If you have multiple controllers in one system is the master running the rules and scenes and the other one just "listens"?

2. If the master goes down, the other takes over the rules and automation?

3. When you add devices, for example a Zwave sensor, are both controllers and the sensor in the same zwave network? or which controller's zwave network is attached to it?

What other features / improvements / questions the community has?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Alberto

I have an Zipamicro as Master and a Zipabox 2 as Slave. I use this setup because I have more than 300> devices, so I can distribute the load of the devices on two servers.

I use the V3 almost 11 months. But to your questions:

1. Yes, the master has a copy of all rules and virtuel devices. But in case the master breaks, and that's the really great thing about V3, you can convert a slave to a master, and all rules and virtual devices are copied from the cloud to the new master in less than 1 hour. I have already tested this feature.

And yes, the slave server only manage the connected devices and pass on commands.

2. See Nr.1, yes :-)

3. You can decide for yourself, you can still choose on which server you want to learn it.

photo

AP,

Thanks for your answers, I will add a couple of devices for testing on my new V3 system. Another question, have you used virtual alarm on V3?

That is one of my most used and important features of zipato.

photo

Of course. I would never have changed without it. But attention! Under V3 you can only use keypads for deactivation and activation. Normal buttons only work with a rule.

photo

AP thanks for your feedback, let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that on V3 we cannot ARM / DISARM through web UI? only through the app of zipatile and rules?? Have you tested the alarm with Zipato RFID keypad??

photo

OK this is a misunderstanding. You can arm and disarm the Alarm partition with the app and the WebUI. What is not possible is to include simple buttons like the Fibaro button, this can only be done by rules. Zipato keypads work of course, I have 4 of them.

photo

Ok, I appreciate your feedback, I will try it. Thanks.

photo
photo

hi alberto

I ask you a question when migrating to version V3 alexa is already working with this version

photo

I think I saw some topics saying there are still issues but I'm not sure. I'm migrating slowly because I have lots of devices. Right now my alexa is still working with my zipabox on V2. This is the main objective of this topic, I wanted to make a compilation of new features and known issues.

photo

Hi

alexa is not implemented on V3 yet but it is in the final testing phase. Firstly will be released Google Home which is in the certification phase at the moment.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file