This object is in archive! 

Fibaro Heat Controller

Jonathan Schimmel shared this problem 3 years ago
In Progress

Hi all!

Maybe you've already seen such a topic but I'm raising a topic on the problem of properly connecting and controlling the Fibaro Heat Controller.

It has already been discussed in https://community.zipato.com/topic/fibaro-radiator-thermostat

However, this topic was closed with the comment "Fibaro heat control valve is fully supported by Zipato" and some guys reporting to have managed setting it up properly with the help of support. However, these messages have been followed up the past 2 years with messages of people who'd like instructions on how to control the Fibaro Heat Controller using Zipato's portal and people who've already given up.

I just bought a few very expensive heat controllers because Zipato claimed they would be fully supported. Can anybody help us with instructions or guidance on how to setup Fibaro Heat Controllers to be used with Zipato's (virtual) Thermostat (as being used with the Zipatile) for everybody to read?

Many thanks for your help :)

Replies (2)

photo

Hi

we would like to inform you that we know about this issue with Fibaro Heat Controller which is confirmed by Fibaro manufacturer - if external temperature sensor is not connected to Fibaro Heat controller then internal temperature sensor doesn't send reprot about temperarture to a controller. Fibaro has been fixed this issue in the newer fw version so it should report internal temperature even when external sensor is not connected.

To avoid this issue with Zipato, it is possible to create virtual thermostat with Fibaro Heat Controller and any other termometer to have current temperature in the virtual thermostat. In this case it will be possible to use Fibaro Heat Controller to control temperature.

photo

Hi Dino,

Thank you for your elaborate explanation. I've figured out the thermometer settings on my own. My problem (and I believe other's problems) lies in actually changing the setpoint temperature of the heat controller using the Zipatile. I elaborate on the actual problem below.

The situation: I've attached pictures to illustrate the current situation. I use a Zipatile and a Fibaro Heat Controller which is coupled to the external temperature sensor. The Heat Controller uses the latest firmware version (4.7)

As you can see on the pictures. The Fibaro Heater Controller shows up as quite a few different modules (see Fibaro Modules). This translates to 1 radiator in the "Radiator" tab and 2 temperature devices in the "Temperature" tab. In the Radiator tab it shows "modes" however nothing can be controlled using this tab and there's no data to be reported for "mode" (see Fibaro thermostat mode). In the "Temperature" tab it reports the temperature the external temperature sensor reports and the actual setpoint temperature of the heat controller (see Fibaro temperature). When setting up a thermostat, a number of different modules can be set as the heater input and the heater output (see Zipatile thermostat heating setting, Zipatile thermostat heating input, Zipatile thermostat heating output). The result of my current set-up can be seen in picture "Zipatile thermostat result"; the actual temperature is reported, I can set program to "start program, until next, permanent hold and hold for", and I can set mode to "heating, auto, off".

My question: How can I change the set temperature of the Fibaro Heat Controller using my Zipatile?

photo

Hi

to answer your question - "How can I change the set temperature of the Fibaro Heat Controller using my Zipatile?"

When you open virtual thermostat (Studeerkamer) settings under Device Browser (your figure Zipatile_thermostat_heating_setting.PNG) you can open WEEK tab where you can specify heating modes for each day in the week and define thermostat modes for each day (form 00 to 24h). There are 4 thermostat modes (Comfort, Economy, Night, Away) and for each you can specify its heating setpoint - it is called Program mode (when heating setpoints are predefined in advance for each day and hours in the day). If you need to change it, you can always manually change heating setpoint on the ruler (your fig Zipatile_thermostat_result.PNG) - just click on red triangle (represent heating setpoint) and drag where you want. In this way your manually setpoint will be valid until the next Program period when predefiend setpoint will be activated for the next period.

photo

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry for my slow response, I was away for a few days.

I still have some questions on the setup:

- Should I leave Program on "start program", "until next", "permanent hold" or "hold for"?

- Which device or devices should I select as "heating output" in the tab "modules"?

- Which device should I select as "heating input" in the tab "modules"?

photo

Because right now I can alter the red dot whatever I want but it doesn't change the setpoint. Also I can't select setpoint to play any part in the thermostat setup right?

photo

Also using the schedule doesn't work yet

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file