Google Home Integration

Jeroen shared this idea 3 years ago
In Progress

As of tonight, finally Zipato is listed as “Works with Google” in the Google Home app. Great work team Zipato!

I was able to connect my account, and Google Home discovered 21 of my devices. However, I have many more “installed” on my Zipatile! It did discover all Fibaro Relay Switches and Smoke Sensors for example, but none of the Fibaro Dimmers.

Is this being rolled out slowly in the coming days, or should it see the full range of my devices straight away? And what about scenes? I remember Alexa always gave me both my scenes as well as my devices when using the Zipato skill!

Jeroen

Replies (13)

photo

Hello,

indeed we got listed in the Google Home app and you are able to link your V3 Zipato system to your Google account/assistant.

We will check the published Google Home skill and gradually improve if anything is missing.

Best regards

photo

Perfect, does it help you if we share our findings here?

photo

Hi,

any insight would be great.

Regarding scenes, you should be able to run them with voice commands BUT you will not see them on the list of your devices as scenes are not devices.

Try saying to google "run scene name" and it should run the scene even though you do not see it.

Regarding the dimmers we will check it out if there are any issues with it.

Best regards

photo

Works like a charm now! I've been able to find the scenes under the "Routines" in the Google Home app. Challenge is that Routines are not available in all countries, I needed to set my phone to United States as location and US English as language in order to set my routines.

But. once the "Routines" functionality showed up (took 8 hours!), I was able to create all of my custom routines, add all Zipato scenes which synced perfectly, and now all is good! The scenes also allow me to control Z-Wave devices which Google Home does not "see" yet. As of now, these are:

- Fibaro Dimmer 2

- Forest Electrical Curtains

- Everspring Plug-in Dimmers

Anyhow, very happy with this!

photo

Hi Jeroen,

Can you share a link about the information regarding the support of routines in Google Home and for which countries it is available? I have a notification in the Google Home app that it want me set-up "Home" and " Away" routines but I can not see any other routines...

photo

Sure! So, first start by changing the Country and language settings of your phone to US (English). This will make the "Routines" option appear on the main screen, as described here and as visible in image 1 (middle purple icon, between "Cameras" and "Settings"). Be aware: it can take up to 24 hours for the option to appear!

Then, click "Routines", where you will first see all of Google's standard routines (which I personally do not use). If you press the "+" on the bottom left however, you can create a custom routine (image 2).

In the next screen (image 3), you can set the phrase you want to use (in this case: "Close the curtains") and choose other options, plus you can select what Google Assistant needs to do.

Choose "Add action" here, then choose "Browse popular actions" and check the box next to "Adjust scenes". Click the cogwheel at the right side, and you should see all of your Zipato scenes listed there (image 4). Check the box in front of the scene you want to run, confirm and save the routine - And you're done!

photo
photo

Hi

please just specify in this topic which device types are not shown in the Google Home app and we will check it.

photo

Hi Patrick

if you want to submit a ticket for the Google home issues, please open a new ticket for this issue and place here missing device types to inform others.

photo

Dino, is there any official information about the launch? Like what is supported, what is not? Languages?

photo

I don´t know if this i relevant to have in Google Home, but Aeon Labs Wall Socket Siren GEN5 is missing as a device.

photo

Vision, ZG8101_Garage Door Sensor is missing in Google Home

photo

@Ulf

Here is the official announcement - https://community.zipato.com/agent/object/26740

Please kep in mind that in Google Home are supported Zipato abilities, not devices. It means that for example one device can have several abilities and some of them are supported and some not. So in the Google home list only supported abilities will be presented. If any ability is not supported, it can be always used in the Zipato Scene and Zipato Scene can be run from Google Home by calling its name - "Hey Google, Run Scene <Zipato scene name>".

At the moment I can clarify that thermostat devices are not supported but virtual thermostat2 is supported. It means to control thermostat device from google home app, it muat be added into virtual thermostat2 device.

Alarms are fully supported and google Home will ask for Zipato PIN in order to arm/disarm it.

We will check you comments about missing abilites (devices) in the Google home app and implement support for them as soon as possible.

photo

@Patrick

you should use the same PIN as in Zipato app. The issue could be caused by "Not ready" zones in the alarm partition, so please check both - PIN and zone's statuses.

Security device (alarm) was one of the points Google have checked in details and it passed all checkings and reviews.

photo

@Patrick

dimmer device type should be supported soon.

photo
photo

I have not yet done the Zipabox 1 "move" to my Zipabox v3. If I do, will all the devices included to ZB1 be available for Google Home?

photo

Hi,

I can also not see all my devices. it seems like the pure level controlled devices (roller shutter, dimmer and virtuel level control) are not supported yet. RGB lights are working.

I can also start all scenes like Dino was writing, but you can also create your own routine and add the Zipato scenes under action/ambiente control.

All in all it works, but I hope the other devices can be added, too.

photo

I need to add that only the zwave RGB lights are working well. All Zigbee RGBs can be only controled for dimming but not Colours.

photo

Hi

since Z-wave bulb devices are supported, zigbee bulb devices should be supported, too. If you have an issue with Zigbee Bulb device in Google home please submit a ticket and we will check your particular case.

photo
photo

I have

Fibaro-21x in wall dimmer D-ID 2223

It works fine in online interface V3, in the zipaot app (black) but not in google home.

I do also have a Sonos AMP (Connect: Amp works fine) that I cant connect to online interface V3 correct. It says "no enpoint" in the device tree.

SONOS Syphony, can connect and works in online interface V3 but not in zipaot app (black).

The other SONOS works fine.

any other having the same issue?

photo

Fredrik, did you need to change languagesetting and/or countrysettings on your phone or in google assistant to make assistant work at all? Do you need to keep the settings that way?

photo

I use Swedish and Sweden in all devices. Exept in my3.zipato.com/ ther i use english. I havnt tried to change. Why?

photo
photo

Hi

motor conntrol and dimmer abilities are implemented into Google home integration so it should be visible in the google Home app.

photo

Dimmers are working! Motor Control (Somfy RTS) unfortunately not visible!

photo

I do see all dimmer devices in Google Home now. Manipulating then by setting a different dimming percentage works great. Giving on/off commands through Google (either the app it by voice) does not work, so it seems there's a problem with the integration.

My motorized curtains (Forest) are not recognized yet; neither in the V3 app, nor in Google Home.

photo

Hi

if your device has switch ability then please check switch ability in google home app if it is visible or not. Usually dimmer ability is standalone so it is not possible to conrol it like a switch (on/off command) even in zipato mobile app.

photo

Hi Dino,

No, switching ability is not visible. But I think you should implement is and translate a switch off to dimming to 0% and switching on to dimming to the former value.

Reason is; currently I lot of things don't work. If I ask google to "switch off living room lights" this doesn't work. Also asking to "switch on lights" does not work. The only voice commands that work are the likes of "set living room lights to 80 percent". That is not very user friendly. ;)

In your Web UI you offer the same functionality. There I can dim lights, but by clicking on the icon if switches between off (0% dimming) and on (original value). The new v3 app unfortunately does not offer this (yet).

I'm using Fibaro Dimmer 2 devices for these lights.

Side note: dimmable lights connected to Google Home through other vendors (i.e. not through Zipato) can be both dimmed and switched.

-Koen

photo

I see exactly the same issue. We are not able to switch on/off the dimmer devices yet.

Maybe interesting to know is. One of my dimming devices were set as "Level" Type automaticly and I was not able to see it at google home. Then I changed the type to "Lights" and it was visible.

I tried to change the type from motor controls too, but without success. Motors/Rollershutters are not visible yet.

photo

Edit: Rollershutter are visible for me on goigle home now (fibaro roller shutter 2).

on/off for dimming devices not working yet.

photo
photo

Update: through my support ticket Ivan from Zipato told me they added support for the Forest motorized curtains in v3 and Google Home. I've just it, and it works flawlessly, both in v3 and in Google!

photo

My fibaro dimmers aint visible at all, is there a 30 device limit maybe?

Smokesensors are vissible but cant do anything with them same as fibaro multi sensors

Eather cant control qubino shutter module

photo

Some devices are linked with google home. But a lot are missing.

Seems to be totally random, same maufacturer device 1 shows up device 2 is missing

Leave a Comment

Attach a file