Weather station stopped working

Guest shared this announcement 2 years ago

Dear Zipato users,

the current Virtual weather stations you have been using in our environment have stopped updating itself, we are doing everything in our power to provide you with a new version of it. 

All your rules will continue to work but with the last data provided by the weather station on 8.6.2020., as mentioned above the weather station will not update itself anymore.

The reason for the service being stopped is as following....

Until now we were using the API and information provided by Yahoo weather and Yahoo decided to shut down their API indefinitely.

https://developer.yahoo.com/api/

We will update this thread with new information as soon as we get them.

Best regards

Zipato Team

Replies (83)

photo

Hello again,

I see, thanks a lot for a quick answer!

Best regards

Håkan

photo

Hello Dear Zipato Partners,

Wish you best of success at your works.

We're wondering, when could this rules be fixed?

Thank you,

Kind Regards!

photo

I notice that since 2days all my rules based on sunrise/sunset stopped to work.

Is that related to weather station issue? Probably yes because I remember that sunrise/sunset are related to virtual weather station.

photo

I hope the new weather station version will work better than the old one.

The old one had like 2-4 hours delay in sync therefore rules based on close to real time actions were useless.

photo

Thanks for this prompt announcement! Appreciate

photo

This is getting a bit out of hand guys. This is one of the key features for automation in the system and it’s been down more than a week.

Nothing based on sunrise / sunset now works - even with old values. It just doesnt trigger.

Please provide an ETA on the fix so we can all decide if we need switch system or not.

photo

good morning we have news for the weather station greetings giuseppe

photo

My sunrise based rules are not working now :-(

photo

As a workaround, I have used IFTTT with WeatherUnderground's sunset/sunrise trigger and WebHook to set a Virtual Meter using its URL.

photo

Dear Zipato team,

Any news on this? timeframe? part of our rules are not working and we need to know what to do

Thanks

Gerardo

photo

I'm agree! It is time to inform customers of what is decided and timeframe.

photo

Any alternative to the rules sunset/sunrise??

photo

I have just changed to use IFTTT sunrise/sunset in my rules. Hope that weather Underground (the weather station that IFTTT use) does not have the same problem than yahoo.

photo

IFTTT with WeatherUnderground's sunset/sunrise trigger and WebHook to set a Virtual Meter using its URL.

photo
photo

Is there a solution in sight? It's getting really annoying that none of the weather based rules work

photo

Hello Zipato, All my rules with sunset and sunrise are not working, When are you fixing the problem?

photo

Toc toc, Hello Zipato support.........Any News??? After 21 days there is no feedback

Many thanks

photo

Please note that the rules do NOT continue to work with the last data provided, they do NOT work AT ALL. So, in my case, all my rules with sunrise and sunset do not work. I have to switch everything ON and OFF manually.

Thanks for a solution !

photo

Same here, the virtual weather station data is not update,https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/v2/meteo/ give null data for the station. Removing adding, different location nothing helps here.

photo

Hello frustrated fellows,

Zipato virtual weather station had never worked well, however now when it completely stopped working without any commitment for resolution, I was motivated to find an alternative solution to enable my weather-based rules to function again.

The idea is to use IFTTT with Wunderground to create the required triggers and Webhooks to convert the triggers into web requests for the communication with the Zipato controller via URL.

I have created 2 weather-based rules:

• Turn off lights every morning at sunrise.
  • Rise shutters when wind speed exceeds 30km/h (for shutters protection).

Both rules were tested and are working perfectly.

In this post I will focus, step by step, on how to create the SUNRISE trigger.

Turn-Off Lights on Sunrise Using IFTTT, Wunderground and Webhooks

• In Zipato controller create a new virtual switch and name it “IFTTT – Sunrise” (or any other name you choose).
  • Click on the configuration icon in the right side of the “STATE” line.

492b9985f7b2374bfafd37112403aa0f

• Copy/paste the full URL into any text editor and save it for later use

7d874f0e81a02a0a69a9c0b21cf96451

• Create the following rule and logically connect it with the physical device you wish to control (In this example it is PANEL 2 EP 1). If you wish, configure “SEND MESSAGE” to alert you every time the event is triggered (for testing purposes).

fd1b03aa67c56f7cae2bae3943036fc0

• Open your web browser and type in the search window https://ifttt.com
  • Click on “CREATE

020b5bd1a5d110e779a37bd9da1b8418

• click on “ADD

be8eee930a189033a12842611af5d9cb

• In the search line enter “weather” and select “WU Weather Underground

05a2bde8649b30fe3af13d24d944cf56

• Select “SUNRISE

4952ad0d79de96aa5858e940b62e51f6

• Click “ALLOW” to allow WU to find your location.

17ab70f245de4ddc240711e23fbcfa2f

• Your location will appear in the location window.
  • Alternatively type in your address.
  • Click on “CREATE TRIGGER

c34b8ca964bb0621f3a49bff04e248bc

• Click on “ADD

55a4e868e5e1f1e113cfe17600032e20

• In the search line type in “web” and choose “Webhooks

21623c5961d18250bdbe5879d375a70c

• Click on “MAKE A WEB REQUEST

a0462e4d32f20add7db636fbee2393e3

• In the URL field paste the complete URL you saved in step 3
  • In the end of the URL, after the &value= add “1
  • Fill in the remaining fields as per example.
  • Click of “CREATE ACTION

3c0422a296dea25596274a478d5f96a9

Click “CONTINUE

d2213bcc24a7092e766f46cc10b17d1d

• Click « FINISH »

28270c8e9ad671cca0e5dbec41b40664

• Make sure your applet shows “CONNECTED
  • You have successfully completed the procedure. Every morning on sunrise your selected device will turn off.

9efe98f5699d9c872627106060acec73

photo

Thanks,

will try that. When I create a virtual sensor it automatically sets to type: HTTP device. On what level shoculd I canhge to Generic ON/OFF as it seems you have?

Regards,

Linda

photo

The IFTTT solution is working great, many thanks for the help!

photo
photo

That's all good, but what about the weather station ?

photo

sunset and sunrise is not enough !!!

photo

.....it's just not good enough, find a real solution in the system, please!

photo

For more than a month they are doing "everything in our power". Having customers with Zipato, is quite hard to explain them the concept of "everything in our power" taking more than a month to fix a simple weather station and this is the reason they stores does not open anymore on sunrise. Zipato is for hobbyists and not for professionals. It is a good tool for doing a lot of workaround with a very flexible API but you cannot expect professional support.

photo

I guess its finally time to leave Zipato behind...

photo

The time-frame between the launch of the zipatile with label "works with Google home" and the time where it worked can give an idea how technical issues are handled. It seems the rule is "do not give any information to customers until it is fixed". Communication should be a part of the business. I'm using Wyze cameras and this american company has a strong and efficient communication team, they never let you with no feedback more than 2 days. Very active in their community platform. That is what I would like with zipato. I suppose the culture is not the same.

photo

34 days... it's really too long !!!! No answer from the Zipato developpement team, does it still exist ?

photo

Hi Support, any news on this? For some reason I have no weather data and as such my light switch always truns on when I enter my flat, which is rather anoying.

photo

Any progress on this issue?

Customers asre waiting for it!

photo

Very annoying having to switch everything by hand every day and night.

The middle ages have passed a long time ago. Action please !!

photo

If they do not show any progress on it, means there's no progress at all. I believe we need to accept that Zipato is over. No many updates on the main page... just a question of time to announce they will stop their activities. That's sad but looks like the reality.

photo

There are so many possible solutions... I have a weather station with wunderground-connection. Try to connect to this service please, there are many good weather stations!

I also tried another Z-Wave Network, but at this time, i don't want to leave. Maybe it is time for a rasberry pi solutions :-/

photo

Has this anything to do with error "Rules synchronization failed. Please check your rules or contact support...."? (as it started to appear after I removed and recreated the virtual wheather station and updated the relevant rules that use this).

photo

Hey Zipato Team. Time to wake up and show some progress on this..

photo

Hi Zipato Team, I have got the same problem too. Are there still no news regarding this problem with the weather station? It is a long time since 8June. What are the latest news?

photo

Same problem. Workaround with weatherunderground and ifttt is not as good as the virtual weatherstation. There is a big delay in with the sunset trigger and there is no solution for offset.

I hope there is a solution soon!

photo

Zipato support told me that the solution will come in the next months... not days.

photo

They are step by step scrapping functionality of my Zipatile - first I've lost the camera, now is the weather forecast......

photo

Any news on a proper solution? It's been almost 60 days of missing functionality. If this continues I'm thinking of moving away from Zipato (user since many years) to perhaps homeassistant.io.

photo

To bad the weather module is not working. I have this domotica system installed at my mothers place as an elderly support system and many rules depend on the day / night situation. It does not feel good that my mothers place is not as safe as i have designed it. (she is still living at her own and 84 year old)

photo

Can Yr.no be an option.

Yr is a free Weather forecast service from NRK (Norwegian broadcasting) and Meteorologisk institutt.

https://developer.yr.no/

https://www.yr.no

photo

I think correctly make a universal widget and the ability to use any data from different mete stations.

photo

Hey Zipato Team. Any update on the above would be appriciated!

photo

Kunt u aangeven wanneer dit opgelost is?

photo

By connecting google Assitent/Home to the zipatile I was able to connect the google sunset and sunrise events to the Zipato scenes.

photo

Hi Dear Zipato

I write this for the second time

I don't know if anyone is reading this but if yes I will be glad to respond

I bout zipatail and zipabox in order to work whit your product

in the last few months, I am testing and I start to run into unfinished/ unworking things in your system

of course, this thing can happen but the fixed time is very high

months or even years - this is not a reasonable time - to say the list...

for example

Astro - sunrise sunset rule by Astro time - not working for 50 days - and the support don't know when this will be fixed

battery alert for ZWAVE devices - not working for few months and the support team cant tell me when this will be operational

I am sure I am talking on behalf of many customers - please tell us if you mean to improve the development or we need to find other controllers to work whit.

hope someone is reading this

please replay

Thanks.

photo

With amazon alexa routines, you also have the option of using the sunrise and sunset times. A +- offset of max. 1h can also be set. With the times, you can configure a trigger in the Alexa app that can then trigger an individual device, a scene or a rule via a virtual switch in the Zipato system. I now use it to control the opening and closing of my roller shutters.

photo

Yea it is a drama with some Zipato funktions.

But Weather informatiosn might be very helpful...for a good Smart Home system.

I´m waiting now over two Month for a Sunrise and sunset solution. IFTTT is a solution but i use it to detect my Location to stear the alarm System. And only 3 Rules are free.

So were is the solution for Sunset and Weather forcast ?

regards

Chris

photo

I didn't want to use a third party solution either ... But if you want to make your scenarios work ... Just open multiple IFTTT accounts. Personally, I have been using three for over a month and it works!

photo
photo

Same comment.... i don't want to use workaround..... this is not the purpose of this product !

photo

Just move to another hub... Zipato is joking with us for a long time...

photo

Wich Hub? I loved Zipatile but this is unacceptable

photo
photo

Hello almost shure no answer will come but what is the expected time for a fix?

and in meantime give an update of the expected support for this product looking at this treat i think its almost dead.

photo

Something news? my whole rules doesnd work anymore, because weather is important inkl. sunset/sunrise.

photo

Same issue over here. This is unacceptable!

photo

MOI REIN NE FOCNTIONE DIT TOUT MEME SYNCRONIZATION REVIEN A LA DATE DU BUG ? VRAIMENT DOMOTIQUE D mm

photo
photo

Hi All

i also as you guys are very disappointed from zipato dev team - if there is any...

i crate my on code for this function and its work perfect.Of course this is an integration with a third party factor but as I see it,

it is a definition that is performed once and forgotten about.

Of course the solution is code based - PYTHON in this case - but whoever is interested I will be able to send explanations of everything.

I signed up in the cloud provider - 30 days for free

https://console.vmas.co.il

And there I have a machine ready with the basic settings - everyone can change according to their need.

if anyone register please send me an email and I will make sure to send you an explanation of how to set up the machine etc.

rami@vaitzman.com

photo

My work around : 1 - Connect to a MQTT broker 2 - Use Node Red to send the daylight to a virtual sensor in Zipato, this is also linking to TADO where you can get the weather if you have a TADO thermostat. I have them running in Docker on the Nas.

photo

Any update? I created rules based on own defined virtual triggers that worked for a few days, no NO RULES WORK!!!

photo

I can understand that Yahoo has decided to stop to provide weather information anymore but I cannot understand why ZIPATO team cannot propose an alternative solution.

Christian

photo

I absolutely agree with that statement! Please provide a solution for this issue.

photo

Is there really a ZIPATO team??????

photo
photo

I found my solution. Last week, I made the switch to Homey Pro and I don't look back! Lets be honest, its not about hardware anymore its about software and Zipato looks like its 10 years behind.

Over & out,

Jan

photo

Great - will do the same if it supports all my embedded devices.

/Linda

photo

I plan to leave zipato too. Homey pro is a good target. I'm more confident with nordic products.

photo
photo

I found a solution as well. I switched to Home Assistant. Not a second regrets.

photo

Any news on this ?? come on dev team........

photo

I found a solution using Sunrise-Sunset.org , a bit of coding in Google App Script and a virtual switch.

Its not good enough that this is still a problem 6 months down the track.

photo

sorry for my stupid question; were do I have to place your text file that it will work?

photo
photo

Wow! Finally you solved the issue!

You solved declaring abandoned the platform V2. Good work!

photo

Is the weather station working on V3?

photo

Hi, I definitely leave zipabox for an other good multi protocol product: Homey Pro.

I needed to control Somfy RTS devices. Do I buy a Zipabox extension for 433mhz and stay with my frustration when I request support? Or do I change the box for a new more modern system including all protocols I need?

No regrets,. Zipabox has been a good experience to learn home automation but I also learn about how zipato is able to never answer on some topics and how they code. Their platform are confusing, change all 3 years. Mobile app is new and not compliant with the web app. So! Horrible! Impossible to understand the roadmap of their strategy. Well, I do not trust anymore zipato.

photo

Hi,

I also switched to homey pro. the support is great and doesn't wait months to reply. I'm just getting answers from zipato to open tickets after many weeks. Which also don't offer any solutions.

Somfy RTS works wonderfully!

photo

Due to this well known "issue", or feature to remove the oldest customer in my opinion... I have finished my transition to Home Assistant, and will leave this Zipato and issue on Device offline every 2 weeks behind me.....

Well, so sad to see how they handled this whole system.. I guess that the economic model is not profitable anymore....

Bye bye you all.....

photo

I did not see any official announcement from Zipato however WEATHER STATION IS NOW BACK.

Zipato are using now Open-Weather API and it seems to work better than the old API.

Just make sure you are on the latest official box firmware and recreate your weather station.

During the process, you will have to acquire API ID from Open-Weather and you are ready to go.

photo

Attached is a screen-shot of the new weather station.

After 10 days of using it, I can report that it's working very well also on my iPhone.

I have created rules of sunrise (with offset) and wind speed triggers.

Enjoy

photo
photo

Great news! But what I have to type in the field „Location“ ? If i write my city in this field I didn‘t can confirm my data

photo

Hello Andre,

Try to type the location of a major city closest to you.

photo

means what , to whom closest to you or my side ?

photo
photo

Not it works! Thx for the news and your manual, Izhar!

photo

Is it working under V2 or V3?

Thx

Gerardo

photo

Hello Gerado,

Zipato stopped supporting V2.

Weather station is only available on V3.

photo
photo

I cannot create the Weather Station on my system. I sent a ticket to support and got an answer which did not help. Do I need to have a special subscription at OpenWeatherMap to get this thing to work or the free version should be fine? I can check that the API key I have works, but the Weather Station doesn't accept it... I tried the android app and the web dashboard too.

photo

When choosing a service, be sure to ask for references and check them thoroughly. Also, make sure https://guttercleaningroanokeva.com/ is insured and bonded in case of any accidents. Finally, get quotes from several companies to ensure you're getting the best price.

photo

All your efforts would go down the drain because of some last-minute mishaps, which is why you need dissertation support for statistics help for dissertation. However, if an essay help company cannot promise to meet your urgent deadline.

photo

Unlike a traditional office chair, an exercise ball requires you to use your core muscles to stay balanced. This helps to promote better posture, which in turn can reduce back and neck pain. chairsteam.com

photo

As i know ensure that the weather station is properly connected to a power source or that the batteries are not depleted. If it's battery-powered, try replacing the batteries with fresh ones.

photo

Leave the sensors and the base station together for a minimum of 2-3 hours to ensure full synchronisation has occurred. If this does not resolve the issue, repeat the process using brand new batteries, as it only takes one dead battery to stop the sensor from transmitting walgreenslistens.

photo

We have been helping students with their online accounting courses for years and bringing them top-notch grades. They come to us and ask to do my online accounting class, and we never disappoint them.

photo

How does Yahoo's decision to shut down their API indefinitely, affecting the Virtual weather stations and web services, impact users in South Africa?

photo

It provides suggestions to improve sentence structure, grammarly word choice, and writing style, resulting in more concise and clear writing.

photo

Grammarly automatically checks your text for spelling and grammar errors, helping you eliminate typos and grammatical mistakes.

photo

Grammarly automatically detects and corrects spelling and grammatical errors in the text, ensuring that written content is free from common mistakes.

photo

Grammarly provides alternatives and synonyms to diversify vocabulary and enhance the precision of word selection.

photo

Quillbot can provide word and character counts for your text, which is helpful for meeting specific document requirements.

photo

Hooters is a restaurant chain that serves chicken wings, burgers, and beer. The hooters drink menu consists of appetizers like cheese sticks, chicken tenders, onion rings, and more. It also has a variety of drinks such as lemonade, iced tea, and even frozen drinks like slushes and floats.

photo

Steak And Shake Holiday Hours: Open or Closed? : Are you in the mood to want Steak ‘n Shake delicious milkshake or burger this holiday season?

photo

To monitor the effectiveness of your Shorts and Clips, use YouTube Analytics. Determine which of your content pieces has the greatest impact on your audience, then utilize this information to improve your subsequent content plan. Find a quillbot ai tool to do more in writing content.

photo

Longhorn Steakhouse Lancaster PA menu offers classic cuts like ribeye and filet mignon, as well as more adventurous options like the Outlaw Ribeye and the Flo’s Filet Mignon.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file