This object is in archive! 

Apple HomeKit Compatible ?

Nico shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I would to know if the zipabox is going to be compatible witch APPLE HOMEKIT ?

It cloud be great !!!! :)

Thanks

Replies (15)

photo

Hi,

Apple HomeKit is definitely planned on Zipato road map. I think some time around q1 in 2015.

Regards,

Hrvoje

photo

Are you sure? The certification requirements are pretty high for Home Kit Hardware. Apparently Philips e.g. cannot offer it for their Hue Bridge.

photo

Philips offers HomeKit support this fall, for all hue bridges as firmware update!

photo
photo

Hello,

What about HomeKit (Apple) and Zipabox ?

Thanks.

Nico

photo

Hello,

I am also very excited about the homekit Integration.

Best regards

Michel

photo

Me to!

Best regards and good luck!

photo

Any new information about HomeKit support?

photo

As I've seen with other gateways i'm experimenting with it's a matter of adding a "publication service" so the Zipato gateway can be seen as a Homekit bridged device with all the connected accessories seen as a "bridged accessories". I think it'a a great opportunity of having a voice control over our connected objects...

photo

Any news on the Homekit integration?, I think that could be a dealbraker for many apple fans when chosing homeautomation platform.

photo

Hello guys...any news about homekit integration?

photo

Som info from apple: https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2015/?id=210

12 min in to the clip they talk abut adding device. Good ide to implement this when adding device?

photo

One more interesting thing is this:

WatchKit for watchOS 2Developers have already created thousands of apps for Apple Watch, and WatchKit now gives them access to key hardware like the Digital Crown, Taptic Engine, heart rate sensor, accelerometer and microphone. New software APIs enable audio and video playback and animation, and with the ClockKit framework, developers can represent their data as complications on the watch face.These new tools allow developers to make apps more robust. For example, Strava can more accurately track your heart rate while on a ride or run using data from the heart rate sensor and accelerometer; Insteon can give customers more precise controls to dim their lights or control the temperature with the Digital Crown; Volkswagen owners can get haptic feedback when their car door has been locked; WeChat includes audio messaging using the microphone; and Vine can host and play video right in the app.

When/if Zipato adds suport for "watches,iOS android" my suggestion is to use 4 or 9 icons, that the user can customize as Scens or lights or what ever divice they want to se. And if you short press on a dimabel light it will be on and when press again it will come off, and don't forget that the app should remember its last stat, lights should marked and the user can also use the hole screen as a interface for the light and of course the digital crown.

And of course if you force press or "deep press" You get more settings for the divice! RGB if there is rgb settings and so on!

My suggestion:

7e6f1833136d1f9bedeefe30aa52bca7

Som other ways:

1fe67fee720258c85214ced470ab3fcb

0d0a871e897d8258f567d26944d917d9

2eb3ef3c0f4412dcf1c97850ce5dc093

16f8f13e3c05705124554489fe894166

photo

Well I'm not an apple lover, but this seems pretty good. Apple Homekit is a must, but just a basic bluetooth expansion module would be good to start with

photo

And hope they choose class one and blue tooth 4.2

photo
photo

Any new information about Apple HomeKit integration?

photo

any update ? please !

photo

HomeKit for Zipabox? When & how?

photo
photo

Thanks for the follow up!! Appreciated!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file