This object is in archive! 

V3 and virtual devices with Alexa

Ste Ra shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

Is there any progres with Alexa implementation in V3 so to be possible to voice control virtal devices as in V2?

Thanks!

Replies (17)

photo

Push - any news about the release date?

photo

I don't understand why Zipato's support service is so bad, I am seriously thinking about stopping selling Zipato and selling another brand like Fibaro.

photo

Compared to Fibaro, Zipato is a pearl. Everything takes a little longer, but the service is good. I'm also not happy because I've been waiting 8 months for Alexa support, but as far as the system and the price/performance ratio is concerned, there's nothing better than Zipato. If we were willing to pay more for the hardware, some things would go faster.

Speaking of @Zipato there might already be a release date?

photo

Dont forget the wait time about Netatmo support :D

photo

Yes thats right :-)

photo
photo

Any update about Alexa integration on V3 ??

Thanks

Gerardo

photo

Zipato wrote me this month, we will see.

photo

Good morning. news for alexa skills?

photo

I’d like to know too, now that I have ordered my Zipatile 2 - currently all my devices on Zipatile 1 are on Alexa.

Guess this means nothing will work anymore on Alexa should I “move” to Zipatile 2?

photo

When i first tested V3 on my Zipatile 1 half an year ago only the virtual devices didn't worked with Alexa.

All "real" (z-wave and zigbee) devices I have were discovered by Alexa and worked OK.

Nevertheless I back to the original version becouse i use a lot of virtual devices in my rules.

@Jeroen If you use virtual devices as well, I will personaly sugest to wait for full Alexa implementation in V3 and confirmation from Zipato that the virtual divaices works with Alexa before to switch to the new version.

photo

Only Master devices, Slave Device didn't work.

photo

@Ste Ra, can you tell me how you managed to have Alexa discover your "real" devices on V3 at this time? The result for me is the same every time: No new devices found..

Even Zipato Support tells me it's not supported yet!

photo
photo

Hi I’ve just managed to add Alexa to my master tile and link it to Alexa hub via zipato. It found 85 devices which are all work with voice. Don’t know if it should but it did.

photo

Can you detail how you "added Alexa to your master tile"? I've not succeeded until now :)

photo
photo

Hi, open browser on your master tile, google Alexa app apk and download from pureapk. Install and follow instructions. Login to tile Alexa keep your mobile with you as Amazon will send a link.

Go to Alexa app and disable zipato and then re enable, it will look for devices and say hasn’t found any, but go to devices and they should be there. This only work on zipatile 2 and is very hit and miss. Hope it works.

Nathan

photo

Thanks! No luck, unfortunately. Managed to install the app, but when discovering devices, it indeed won't find any - but unfortunately they don't show up either.

Guess Google Home is my best chance for Voice Control in the short term!

photo
photo

Sorry good luck, I will let you know if I figure it out.

photo

Good morning. Any news for the integration of alexa into V3?

photo

Is there an expected date to release the integration of alexa with V3 for zipabox?

photo

Good morning. Any news for the integration of alexa into V3?

photo

Hello,

it is currently being developed. After development we will commit it to Amazon verification process and a new skill should appear afterwards.

photo

Is there an estimated date for this integration with Alexa V3

photo

Any progres on the subject?

photo

Still waiting for a solution

photo

Just tested and It works now!

Test Virtual Device was dicovered by Alexa and i was able to voice control it.

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file