Zipato V2 platform - End of Support Life

Andriano shared this announcement 2 years ago

Dear users,

Two years ago Zipato V3 platform was introduced together with the new version of Zipato administration web “my3.zipato.com” and the new Zipato Mobile App. The Old V2 platform “my.zipato.com” was under limited support for 2 years and after 1.1.2022. it will not be supported anymore. As an existing user, you will be able to access the V2 Platform via “admin.zipato.com”, but there will not be any technical support provided for any issue which may occur when using it. Furthermore, user registration and hub registration won’t be possible anymore on V2 platform.

ADD ON:

1. Zipato V2 will !!!CONTINUE TO WORK!!! as it did so far although there will be no upgrades or support for it. At one point V2 will be shut down due to its obsolescence but you will be notified. The recommendation is to transfer your systems to V3. Until 31.12.2023.

2. Zipabox1 can NOT be moved to V3. We have prepared a special "exchange" Promo offer for users that wish to exchange Zipabox1->Zipabox2 where we grant 50% discount for the purchase of Zipabox2. PROMO offer period has ended with 1.9.2023. The offer is not available anymore!

3. Users who have migrated controllers to V3 should note that we cannot assure their functionality and our support does not extend to these migrated controllers. Only Zipatile2 and Zipabox2 fully support the new cloud architecture.

Best Answer
photo

Hello guys,

as I wrote before.

my.zipato.com or Zipato V2 will continue to WORK and your Zipabox1's will work as they did before and you can enter the my.zipato.com portal as before if you click on the link on admin.zipato.com

8ac8cf0f4f3f12d3492cb2bb1ed027bf

The new platform on which we do development and on which the new mobile app and new controllers work is Zipato V3.

On Zipato V3 the ZIPABOX1 can NOT work as a standalone controller and you can NOT migrate it/put it into a system!

If you do not have any other controller which would be the SYSTEM MASTER controller which are either Zipatile1, Zipatile2, Zipabox2 or Zipamicro do NOT try to move your Zipabox1 as there is no need to do it.

ADMIN.ZIPATO.COM

The new administration portal which is admin.zipato.com is for V3 and should be used by installers and or people who have multiple systems just to get an overview of their systems.

From an end user aspect the whole administration for a V3 system should be done over the mobile apps.

If you want to do more advanced rules you can do it over the admin.zipato.com and enter the rules section for that system.

Replies (24)

photo

It is very nice of you to let us know 1 day before !!!

photo

Please do NOT migrate Zipabox1 to V3 as the only controller as it will not work on the V3 platform and it can not be registered there.

Leave it on V2 as it will continue to work there as it did before.

photo

I deregistered from the V2 platform.... :o(

"The procedure to transfer v2 controller to v3 is as follows:

1. Unregistered (Clear owner option) your controller in v2 platform...."

How can I re-register?

philippevillain@live.fr / 01272D1A0E01DDD8

photo

Server Number : 010185200D0187D1 and not 01272D1A0E01DDD8

photo

50x50_24311d49defa8d6e2e69eeb3fbee4546

Dino Mandic ● 16 months ago

"Hi, you understood it corectly - to use ZipaBox1 on V3 platform you need to have ZipBox2 and Multiserver license. iOS mobile app should work for V3 platform even with zipaBox1 in its system."

What are the possibilities with zipabox 1 in fine?

Take a multiserver license or buy a zipabox 2?

In both cases, what are the operating modes?

All this is not very clear anyway and it is difficult to navigate. Clarifications would be welcome.

photo

I was able to re-register on the V2 server by re-entering my Zipabox V1 number... Thank you.

Everything works as before! But for how long?

I quite agree with the following idea: you know the system of all your users. Why didn't you send instructions to all of us to guide users on how best to migrate or not to the new system?

You state at the same time that there is no point in migrating to V3 and that the V2 servers will no longer be maintained. What should we retain and conclude from all this?

Because like most of us we have a large number of modules and rather than being confronted with a sudden shutdown of the server we would like to anticipate a migration to V3 or a change of platform!

To make this migration at Zipato it would be necessary from my point of view to have a return on the migrations carried out as well as to know if this migration can be carried out with iso functionality?

photo

Is V3 a stable platform? does it count with all features of V2? we need an official statement before moving to V3, what we get and what we miss, if any

Happy new year

Gerardo

photo

Hello Gerardo,

I've just checked the V3 Platform after connecting to the "admin.zipato.com" portal.

And what I noticed is that some basic features in the Rule creator module are not available by default as in V2 Platform. You will see them greyed out (see attached image files).

And if you want to use them then you will need to pay and purchase the "Rule Creator PRO" package or the "PRO Bundle" package !!!

This is for me the big difference between the V2 Platform and the V3 Platform => You need to pay to build rules with improved scenarios !

But the problem is that I already noticed that in the V2 Platform, the "HTTP REQUEST" Action was not working anymore since 2 or 3 months !

Does someone else is facing same problem then me with the "HTTP REQUEST" Action in the V2 Platform ?

photo

Hello,

I've purchased PRO Bundle in 2018, today I can't add new advanced rule.

If I duplicate an old rule with 'HTTP Request', I can create a new rule with this task.

photo

Hello! box1 v2 system stopped support on 01.01.2022, but the current system is working. until you run into any problems. Cannot define or add. I bought a box2 v3 box with 12 flats, it works fine, but I can transfer my pro license from box1 to box2 via authorized service, without the need for this, the user should be able to define the pro license in box1 to box2. thats the problem.

photo

I don't understand why you have to re-create all virtual devices, rules and scenes, I have many of them and this is really disappointing. I think I will keep it as is until I have time to migrate to a new box such as Eedomus that I have already for my holiday place. It is also not nice to inform your customers only on the day you stop support.

Best regards,

Patrick

photo

Does it mean you have first to replace your Zipato1 box with a Zipato2? This would be costly and I am not sure if Zipato2 has got an integrated Zwave module, so was more a regression? Thanks for advices since I am really lost here.

Patrick

photo

Will V3 work with a Thombox ?

Best regards

Raymond

photo

Let me to say that you are crazy.

You are saying to your CUSTOMERS that your product is no more supported, and you are saying that THE SAME DAY.

What do you think can happen? Think you that all your zipabox v1 users will run to buy a new master controller to use v3? After you left us without a virtual weather station (and sunrise/sunset) for MONTHS? After multiple long out of service of your cloud? After any word about future plans?

I have no more words.

photo

Hello guys,

as I wrote before.

my.zipato.com or Zipato V2 will continue to WORK and your Zipabox1's will work as they did before and you can enter the my.zipato.com portal as before if you click on the link on admin.zipato.com

8ac8cf0f4f3f12d3492cb2bb1ed027bf

The new platform on which we do development and on which the new mobile app and new controllers work is Zipato V3.

On Zipato V3 the ZIPABOX1 can NOT work as a standalone controller and you can NOT migrate it/put it into a system!

If you do not have any other controller which would be the SYSTEM MASTER controller which are either Zipatile1, Zipatile2, Zipabox2 or Zipamicro do NOT try to move your Zipabox1 as there is no need to do it.

ADMIN.ZIPATO.COM

The new administration portal which is admin.zipato.com is for V3 and should be used by installers and or people who have multiple systems just to get an overview of their systems.

From an end user aspect the whole administration for a V3 system should be done over the mobile apps.

If you want to do more advanced rules you can do it over the admin.zipato.com and enter the rules section for that system.

photo

Hi,

You said my.zipato.com will continue to work. During this two last weeks I got a lot of bugs that let mi puzzled for the future.

How do I know I have the Zipato1 or whatever? You know the system of all your users. Why you didn't send instructions to all of us to guide users in the best way to migrate or not to the new system?

What I can fell it's the Zipato's end of life. Am I wrong? Please, tell us the truth!

photo

Except that V2 does not work as before...Rule sync does not work anymore so I cannot add or edit anything....so basically a system frozen in time with no way to maintain it. Not impressed.

Edit:

...saw your comment about rebooting and tried to sync rules again, and it worked. :)

Strange though that normal sync worked but not rule sync.....

photo

Hi Zipato,

You are losing all customers/users and we don't hear any word from you, it looks like you want to get rid of stones in your backpack. This is incredible, first time in my life to see an attitude like yours

Gerardo

photo

It is very well understood that zipabox 1 users cannot migrate to V3. My question is whether we are going to be able to continue modifying our existing rules. I say this because I have changed a simple refresh time in a timer and the app gives an error and I cannot synchronize the rule. Do I have to pay now to have our rules modified? How is this resolved?

photo

Hello,

you will be able to do everything you did so far.

We will only remove the possibility for new serials to be added to V2. Nothing else.

I will check why you were not able to sync rules and fix it.

Best regards

photo

@raul sanchez please reboot your hub and sync again. It will work.

photo

@mario zgorelec, I have restarted the hub, and the error remains the same, it does not allow the synchronization of the rules, instead the synchronization of the zipabox1 does.

photo

@mario zgorelec, i have reboot de hub again , and this time the synchronization rules works. Thanks a lot!!

photo

Hello and Happy 2022.

I owe Zipabox, Zipamini and Zipabox 2; does anyone know of they can work in the cluster?

photo

Seriously, you leave a message on the login page and not a word about this ...

I will get in touch with my customers and tell them what you wrote, but I am extremely hesitant if they want to stay given how you handled this.

photo

I would like to point out that the failure of my zipatoV1 box dates from 12/31 at 10:32 am and that in your answer of the same day (11:38 am) you asked me to test again. At 12:29 I replied that I was still down and since then you are hiding behind the fact that you no longer maintain the platform, but in the end you have not even repaired the faults that dated from before 01/01/2022

photo

Hi,

Can you share a new application for my zipatile 1st generation device?

photo

Hi there i need someone to contact with because i have a seriuos problem connecting my zipato controller to my email please contact me asap, thank you.

photo

This is my email address “naser343@gmail.com”

photo

You need to submit an offical ticket and Zipato support hopefully will contact you soon

Gerardo

photo

Hello!

Has anyone tried to install another system like home assistant to the zipatile hardware? I imagine it’ll not work because of the lack of drivers, but its worth a question.

photo

Hello,

I did a small modification on one of my rules ... but I'm not able to synchronize them : "Synchronization failed"

I tried to reboot the hub without success ...

Zipato team : did you changed/blocked something on the "old" zipabox ?

Thank you

photo

Hello,

I removed several Zipabox V1 from Zipato V2 to migrate them in Zipato V3. However, I understand that it is not possible. Is there a way to register them back on Zipato V2. I tried using the request "/box/register" on the API but I have the error "User unauthorized".

8ac3db6c64e61474318773b45c990ffb

Thanks

photo

Same problem for me today, unable to synchronise the rules with my zipamicro?

Did you find a solution ? I tried to reboot my internet box (french box) and the zipacontroler ....

thanks anyway

photo

Hi Support. I understood that migrating from a platform to the other my Zipatile, I have to unregister it and register again on the new platform, but that doing it I will have to restart from 0 all my configurations. As I have 81 devices and more than 100 simple to complex rules, I'm seriously scared about doing it. Is there any possibility you can develop a way to backup the actual configuration (devices, settings, rules) and then upload it in the new platform?

I know there is the backup and restore function but it crate an image on the platform itself, so it cannot be used to migrate from a platform to an other, but if this backup could be done on a different storage, it may be possible to upload on the new platform and save us months of work to configure everything back. Just bear in mind that most of the devices, are inserted in electrical boxes, plugs etc. so redo everything from scratch, will be very very painful.

Thanks a lot

Best regards

photo

Ciao! Ti hanno risposto? A me da alcuni giorni Zipabox1 non funziona più.

photo

i do not understand what i need to do .

i have zipato and now?

i login on internet my zipato and get a message about v2 something ....

photo

Is there any future for Zipato? This page seems be without any moderation, no one react messages, all latest messages are spam.

photo

Les serveurs ne fonctionnent plus a ce jour, j'espère que le problème va être réglé

photo

We hope

photo

It seems like you're referring to a specific platform or system named "Zipato" and mentioning that both "my.zipato.com" and "Zipato V2" will continue to work, along with Zipabox1 functionality. Additionally, you mention accessing the portal through a link on "admin.zipato.com."

photo

How can we get this We have prepared a special "exchange" Promo offer for users that wish to exchange Zipabox1->Zipabox2 where we grant 50% discount for the purchase of Zipabox2.

From time to time we need the support on Zipabox v1 because of connectivity issues.

It's not possible to move a 1000$ or more bundle to a new one just because zipato decided to stop the service.

Ok to move to Zipabox 2 but what does that mean ? To reset all the devices set in the v1 and start with a new page ?

This is not clear and not fair for customers.

photo

Hi,

You can open a ticket with the subject i.e. "Exchange Zipabox->Zipabox2" and put the serial of your current controller that you wish to exchange for the new controller.
Also, include full details in the message (full name, address and phone number; all this is necessary for DHL to make the shipment) and you will get an offer (within a working day or two).
If you wish to purchase it by a Company (not as a physical person), include the company VAT number.

It will be necessary to set up everything from scratch (pairing devices, rules etc.).

Regards

photo

Thanks for your answer.

How can we identify with a s/n if a Zipato box is v1 or v2 ? I found someone selling his box but there is no info about the version. Only the s/n : 3D5F90130A01DF23

photo

Zipabox2 has an SKU model: zb2.main on the back of the zipabox2.

regards

photo

59faff41096bb1893789e086a448d74f

photo

Thats zipabox1.
If you have specific question open a ticket. This is not for public discussion.

Regards

photo

Thats zipabox1.
If you have specific question open a ticket. This is not for public discussion.

Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!