This object is in archive! 

Alarm countdown

Peter van der Pol shared this question 9 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

Recently, I've bought myself a Zipato box and expanding quickly with all kinds of modules.

We have an siren, multiple fibaro motion detectors and window/door sensors, which all together makes the alarm system.

When armed, we have a 15 seconds countdown to get out of the zone and vice versa. We would like to know when the countdown ended or even better when it is ending, as in "Sound.....Sound....Sound....Sound....Sound.Sound.Sound.Sound" or something like that.

Is there a standard function for this except for the standard squawk? Or do I need to program this with a rule?

Hope you guys can help me out.

Regards,

Peter

Replies (17)

photo

Use the rule creator for this and blink a light.

I use the Zipato RGBW for this.

When Alarm=armed > RGBW > RED

When Alarm=Disarmed > RGBW > Green

Etc

photo

1. That's a good idea! for instance;
  2. When the alarm is disarmed and I'm currently in the Exit zone.
  3. When I press ARM, the green light will flicker 15 times for example and the last 5 times faster. and will flicker red in the last second?
  4. When the alarm is ARMED and I'm currently in the entry zone the motion detector and frontdoor sensor will detect that I'm there and the redlight will go on while the last 5 seconds the red light will flicker?
  5. Would this be possible?
  6. IF module.alarm = armed AND module.frontdoor = TRUE/OPEN AND Module.Motionsensor = TRUE
  7. THEN countdown = 15 AND module.RGBW = Green
  8. Loop (IF countdown => 5 AND module.alarm = armed
  9. THEN module.RGBW = Green
  10. ELSE IF countdown =< 5 AND > 0 AND module.alarm = armed THEN module.RGBW = Red
  11. ELSE IF countdown = 0 AND module.alarm = armed THEN module.RGBW = Red and module.siren = true
  12. ELSE nothing
  13. delay 1.0 second
  14. countdown = countdown - 1)
  15. IF countdown = 0

I know the IF THEN ELSE statement isn't correct, not really into this anymore but I think the idea is clear? is this possible with a ZIPATO RULE?

Thanks!

photo

Is thare a countdown option in the rules?

photo

Should be possible but not like above.

But there is no loop option in de zipato. But is possibe with a workaround ...do a search on the forum for this.

But make 2 rules...one for disarm and arm.

photo

Timers would be nice :)

photo

You have discovered exactly the same as me - basically there is no such "beep beep" reminder device except a squark - and that will only squark rather than give you beeps getting closer together as time goes.

I have found out however that Philio manufacture a siren PSE02 that has SIX sounds. One is a siren, but more importantly, one is a "bi bi arm/disarm" sound. Ideal as a squark.

I believe Vesternet in the UK will have these soon.

I also know that zipato already support this device.

Personally, I am waiting for this device to appear in the UK.

/Marcus

photo

Aeon Labs siren got 5 sounds and 3 sound levels, but unfortunately, we can't program the sounds and levels with the rule creator.

Zipato guys could enhance the management of this device so users may create rules such as:

when alarm armed

siren action set sound # = 1

siren action set sound level 88dB

siren action set ON

wait 30 seconds

siren set OFF

siren set sound level 105dB

Regards, Philippe

photo

Please mail this to support. I already did.....hopefully if more people do this Zipato will make this possible.

photo

Just created a support ticket for asking them. I think having support for the Aeon Labs siren in the rule creator will help everyone to 'finalize' their alarm system.

photo

If you have an android device laying around you could use Kodi (XMBC) on it and create a rule to trigger a MP3 file to play on the device when you leave / enter your home.

photo

see also:

https://community.zipato.com/topic/sound-notification-when-alarm-entry-or-exit-delay-is-triggered

also made a ticket couple of months ago.

some answers from zipato support:

"We will also introduce in the Rules creator a function which will allow to the end user to create his/her own notification for entry/exit delay for e.g. with lights and etc."

to be short, they are busy to make something in the rule creator to make your own notification for entry/exit delay.

I just asked for a buzzer sound from the benext/zipato tag reader.

photo

Hi Gratje/all,

Thanks for mentioning, any updates on this one?

photo

Still nothing?

photo

Hey, HeroS,

I saw your youTube video on the new Zipato siren.

The "EMERGENCY" sound does not seem to work.

The "DOOR CHIME" sound appears to be identical to the "EMERGENCY" sound? (I would have guessed it should be a "Ding-Dong" sound)

Are these things true?

Thanks

/Marcus

photo

Yes, but it should work. I already reported this to Zipato but they don't think it's important.

photo
photo

Too bad, I was minutes away from pushing the order button...

photo

This looks like a rebranded Philio PSE02 and I remember asking Zipato about this maybe 9 months ago. They told me that the Philio PSE02 was "fully supported".

Seems weird then that their own branded version is not.

:(

/Marcus

photo

Whoops, actually 7 months ago.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file