This object is in archive! 

Missing state on Fibaro Smoke Detektor

Per Arne Skeide shared this question 9 years ago
Need Answer

Hi!

Im missing the state on one of my smoke detektors. See picture. This detektor also makes a sound somtimes..

Per-Arne

Replies (7)

photo

I think I have the same problem. I think that there is some problem with the communication or state or similar.

The beep you hear is probably that you are running out of battery in the device (mine drains batteries as I drain beers a hot summer day).

In short, I do not trust the state declared in the zipato gui (it sometimes says SMOKE DETECTED while the smoke detector it self is quiet and does not flash or similar). I THINK that this also renders in an accelerated polling of the device that keeps it online more or less all the time (not only wakeup every 7th minute). I bought my smoke detector a few month back and I am already on my third battery...

photo

Hi!

Thanks! Mine are running on a sentral 24V powersupply.... still beeping... I think i will return them..

Per-Arne

photo

Same here I have 2 pcs running with 12V power supply, and otherone is beeping once a while and the otherone not so often. But Third one is running with battery and just fine and not beeping.

I tried with sensitivity setting with lower sensitivity without any luck.

Is it faulty Fibaro or incompatibility on Zipato side?

photo

I've had this issue with 3 or more Fibaro smoke sensors. This is definately a Zipato problem. Please fix the issue. Also would be important to know what causes the beeping. So please add more debug options for the sensors if possible.

Same Fibaro smoke detectors work fine with rasperry pi + z-wave combo.

photo

I've had this issue with 3 or more Fibaro smoke sensors. This is definately a Zipato problem. Please fix the issue. Also would be important to know what causes the beeping. So please add more debug options for the sensors if possible.

photo

photo

Leave a Comment

Attach a file