This object is in archive! 

How to change setpoint on a thermostat?

Stian Indal Haugseth shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

I have a SRT321 / HRT4-ZW thermostat using association to control electric panel heaters. The thermostat works fine on its own and I am trying to move from VeraEdge where it worked perfectly.

I'm not able to change the setpoint temperature anywhere in the web UI (old and new) and not on mobile (stable and beta). Either I don't get it or it is not possible out of the box.

All I did was to include all the Fibaro wall plugs and the thermostat. Associate 3 wall plugs in the thermostat and it started working. I can see the thermostat in all the UIs but not control it in any way.

Regards

Stian

Replies (9)

photo

Did you make a virtual device, where the SRT is used as input and the fibaros are outputs. There you can plan your own schedule per weekday and also change the setpoint for a moment, until your schedule changes or for longer if you are on holidays.

photo

I have not made any virtual thermostats. Is there any documentation about them?

Why need a virtual thermostat? Zipato recognises the SRT321 as a thermostat.

When I configure a Virtual Thermostat. Is it still the SRT thermostat controlling the wall plugs with association? Or does Zipato take over the control?

Regards

Stian

photo

Zipato takes over controll. I three of the SRT321 and 6 Danfoss Thermostats as Valves. Works perfect. Every SRT321 runs several rooms with different programs. In one year I reduced costs for gas in a value all the equipement costs. From today on I earn money :-)

photo

Thanks for clarifying Andreas :)

I can see the benefits but that's a no go for me. I want direct association so even if the controller dies the thermostats continue working. I have seen recent bugs here regarding the hysteresis of virtual thermostat. The SRT321 algorithms work spot on and keeps my temp between +/- 0.1 degC. I would not save more money handing the controls over to Zipato. If just Zipato could schedule setpoint changes.

In my opinion Zipato is working against the whole point of z-wave and direct association.

I did file a support ticket yesterday and will wait to hear from Zipato. I will probably return the Zipabox to the store as this is not what I was expecting. Heating should be ROCK SOLID as my wife is already fed up of me fooling around with home automation ;)

Regards

Stian

photo

Hello stian

Same issues : Same questions

Is your heating rock solid now ?

Did you return the Zipabox ?

Regards

Olivier

photo
photo

Hello Stian,

You are very close to your goal (Zipabox sends the setpoint value to the HRT4, and the HRT4 manages your wall plugs)

You have already associated the HRT4-ZW with your Fibaro wall plugs.

Now you have to:

1- create a virtual thermostat (add Device/Virtual device/Virtual thermostat)

2- configure the virtual thermostat(using "Devices" the tab)

- heating output : choose the HRT4-ZW

- heating input : choose also the HRT4-ZW

- thermometer input : choose also the HRT4-ZW

- thermometer fonction : choose "last"

3- use the scheduler to set the heating planning

4- save

5- synchronize

To summarize :

The zipabox knows the setpoint (according to the scheduler),

The zipabox sends the setpoint to the HRT4 (depending on the wake-up interval you setup for the HRT4)

The HRT4 controls the wall plugs

This is how I use the HRT4 thermostat at home since one year

photo

Christophe

i've folowed your method Thanks

So I think I'm very close to my goal: adjust setpoint of my thermostat

To do so, is it necessarly via a scheduling method ?

as a french, excuse my english

photo

Hello Olivier,

It is also possible to use the rule creator to manage the setpoint, and all other characteristics

Personally I prefer to use the scheduler.

photo

Hi Christoph and many Thanks for reply,

my question was : can I adjust the setpoint directly thru the cursor of the thermostat dashboard window ? (ie moving the arrow left or right ) because for me, the hour to adjust the temperature is not programmable or schedulable .

photo
photo

Hello,

Does anyone still have this problem? For me nothing worked to change the thermostat heatpoint.

photo

Hi

Thermostat Configurations: Real Virtual , Input to real , Output to virtual .... seems correct

But what about the Settings :

button Mode have 3 choices: Heating / Auto / Off

button Configuration have 4 choices Programm/Derogation/Permanent/Maintenir pendant ...

I can't find any users manual about those choices combinations

Thanks

Olivier

photo

Good point. And if you check the rules, you will find the option to set modes "Economic", "Confort", "Night", "Away".

Some days ago I learned if you try to go with a rule/scene to Heating-Progam and the current temperature is higher than setpoint, your virtual thermostat goes to until next!

A public updated manual would be great

photo
photo

2 years later...

Still the same problem to adjust temp from the apps/zipabox

Still waiting .. Is Zipato still alive ?🤐

Leave a Comment

Attach a file