This object is in archive! 

Old UI gone + "Upgrade to PRO"?!

Peter Westberg shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Discovered this morning that the link to the old UI is gone! :-(

Also a link for upgrading to "PRO" appeared (in red).

What is happening now? Are we supposed to pay to use the box now?

I really miss the old UI a lot, as the new one just have half of the possibilities as the old one!

(creating a dashboard with devices is one. managing the different channels separately in a RGB controller is another...)

Peter

Replies (11)

photo

Wild guess, we are getting close to version 1.0 and a new much more simpler(https://community.zipato.com/announcement/services) pricing/subscription model...:

https://www.zipato.com/how-it-works/features/

photo

That announcement is 8 months old and I wonder when 1.0 will go live?

I cannot find any information anywhere about it.

Does this mean I have to pay 99$ yearly to continue to use scenes maybe?

photo
photo

I submitted an emergency ticket to reinstate the old UI this morning. 5 hours later, still no answer. It's not about missing the old UI, my setup simply does not work with the new one. Some bugs that piled on with thermostats and I can only control them from the old UI.

As for upgrade to Pro, looks like a 100 EUR yearly license to get upgrades... what?

photo

To be fair, I managed to upgrade my thermostats by deleting the old ones and creating new ones... still not the way it should be handled. The customer shouldn't be the one to have to do this.

photo

Zipato is the complex system. Workarounds could bring you more troubles than benefits. However, it's your system...

photo
photo

I found a way to get to the old UI:

Select API and then select Dashboard or Rule Creator on top of the screen.

I also have setup that doesn't work in the new UI

photo

Thanks!!

photo
photo

I got this reply on a ticket I submitted:

Hi Peter,Old UI was permanently removed due the fact that is outdated and no longer been debug or maintained. Also, old UI is using the old API.Regarding the "Upgrade" button, we just released, and it will be used to inform our customers that they will be able to upgrade their system with any feature or functionality which will be released by us in the future.Al features which you had till now will remain for free. If there is some error and you get the wrong notification that you need to activate some part of the system which is already activated, please neglect it as this is an error on our side which will soon be resolved.Thank you for your feedback.Best regards,Milan

But still, old or not, outdated or not, it is still is the only way to do a number of tasks and just removing it, without any form of notice is just treating customers bad!

Solve the issues in the new GUI first, then we can discuss to take the old one away!

I am strongly considering changing to Tellstick ZNET if this isn't resolved in a good manner!

photo

Old UI is not supported for a year already. If you have any issue with the new UI, please contact our support.

photo

I dislike the new UI so much! I ALWAYS go back to the old UI. Never can find something in the new UI, at least not quick enough. Although the old wasn't perfect, it worked better than the new one.

photo
photo

This is very exasperating! I have only had my Zipabox for a month and I am already extremely frustrated with the buginess of the system. Although I like the new UI, there are some things that just don't work and without being able to revert back to the old UI I will be dead in the water. Like Peter, I am considering abandoning the Zipabox; especially if I have to start paying for basic features.

photo

If you were using the OLD UI, certainly you should have a lot of "buginess" of the system. If you have any issue with the official UI, please contact our support.

photo

I have contacted support several times and most of the time I am told that what I am attempting to do is not supported by the system (eg. standard 433mhz X10, Aeon Minimotes, etc...). The other times, I am just told to work-around the problem (i.e. having an "AND" command in the "WHEN" puzzle piece doesn't work so I have to user a "WHEN" then an "IF"). I end-up tinkering until I get it to work, but not without significant effort. With the amount of effort I have had to put in so far along with the threats that I will have to subscribe and pay $100/year just for the privilege of using the hardware I bought, I am wondering if building my own system out of Python on a Raspberry PI might be better. I already had to write my own X10 interface so Zipato could control my legacy components. Sure, the cell-phone app is convenient; but it is so frustrating to use when it inaccurately displays what is actually happening on my devices.

photo

Just to make sure, I did a fast check on what you said. It seems you were triggering two rules with the same event, so colleague of ours was helping you with some alternative solution to yours. I don't see the reason for being frustrated about that, especially since you got the programming support despite we regularly don't provide it.

As for the 100$, you certainly don't have to pay it to use hardware which you have bought. You can use your hardware forever without paying anything. Also, your hardware will be constantly updated from our side free of charge.

Buying upgrade is just an option available when we have something new to sell. Instead of buying the new hardware, you can just buy the upgrade and use is on the same one which you already have. But you don't have to do neither of those if you don't want. You can just setup your system and use it like this, and as you could see so far, you can even ask how to do something and you get the answer.

Anyway, I am sorry if this made you so frustrated, and I hope you will have better luck with some other system.

photo
photo

I've had mine for about two weeks and I'm considering whether to dump this thing too. I have a couple more weeks to decide so I may wait another week...if the software doesn't get any better and the IOS app is still a mess...I'm out of here.

photo

Unfortunately, iOS app will not be updated in the next couple of weeks.

photo
photo

Just for learning: What do you do in the old UI. I have my box now for a year and in the new UI since summer. What can you do in the old UI you cannot in the new one? I am running more than 70 devices with heating, light, motion detection and all other stuff. My devices are 433 Mhz, z-wave and zigbee mixed together. It works. Yes, there are some issues which have to be solved, like the hue issue. Or the implementation of cameras or the support for hex commands in UDP. But all of these have nothing to do with the new UI.... I just had a issue with a z-wave thermometer for outside. In very cold situations it sucks to much battery. So I bought for less than 25€ an Oregon Scientific meter. Runs 433 Mhz. Installation was 2 min. Changing the rules was 5 min. Now I am fine. Show me any other system which is so flexible!?

To the IOS app. Yes that is not a perfect app. I use ImperiHome on IOS and Android. It does what I want.

Smart home systems are still under construction. Alll of them. It is funny to read other forums. They all have problems.

photo
  1. Thanks for your support Andreas.

As for the Philips HUE, connector was really bad:-( Good think, it has ben already rewritten and it will be better after the new update next week.

Also, we are working on the new iOS APP from scratch, and both APPs (Android and iOS), will be much better this year...

Regards,

photo

You cannot create a dashboard, so you can see status of your devices in one screen using the new UI. Most of te screen of the new UI is a "fancy" picture that changes every now and then and you can open stuff in the left and right ends. Is there more I havent found? Is there a manual?

You cannot create a rule in the new UI setting individual levels (0-255) for the RGBW channels for the Fibaro RGBW controller in the new UI. It looks like you can set it in a hex string, but if you do so, the rule is not possible to save. Hex might nog be completely user friendly. I am an IT Professional and can handle that 0-255 Dec is = 0-FF hex, but for other, this is hard.

I have a NodOn Soft Remote. That one is TOTALLY impossible to add using the new UI. I have tried for hours, restarting the box, resetting the remote and so on. Using the old UI, it goes under a minute.

Maybe I am too stupid to fully understand the new UI, but it is for sure less intuitive compared to the old one.

photo

Hello Peter,

you can create rules in new UI for control every individual level for every color for RGBW of fibaro. You have to make visible the single colors for rule creator. I am working with that everyday. The NodOn works fine with me also in routine. Which FW do you use. I use ...m. I have attached my rule for Nodon Wall Switch steering the Fibaro RGBW controller.

photo
photo
photo

Thanks!

photo
photo

I think Zipato should clarify their future commercial policy

I red in a French forum that for 100€ you'll buy all the current available plugins and pro functions for the current year and you should be able to use them without time limitations. If the next year there are new plugins or functions you'll have to buy them for another 100€ and so on...

Perhaps Zipato could confirm or not ?

photo

X10-modules operated through the CM15-module are NOT working with the new UI. With the old one it works flawlessly. I hope that Zipato never removes the old UI completely if they haven't intregrated the same functionality in the new.

photo

Hello Jonathan,

we are working on the issue with X10 it will soon be resolved, thank you for your patience.

Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file