This object is in archive! 

Zipatile Zigbee + Zipbox = ZWave, Zigbee, Bluetooth + two Networks?

Claas Voigt shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

if the Zipatile works as a Subcontroller to the Zibabox, is it possible to use the networks on both?

E.q.:

Zipabox: ZWave, Enocean, 433

Zipatile: BLE, Zigbee

???

Best

Claas

Replies (6)

photo

For the future we see the Zipatile as the main controller and Zipabox as the extension unit. However, it can work in the opposite way as well.

We are now implementing option for easier adding each one of devices from one Zipato controller to another. Once this is done, you will be able to do it with any of our controllers, in any direction.

photo

But from the start the Zipatile works as a controller together with Zipabox?

photo

Sure, you can use them both as controllers if you like. Or you can use Zipabox as controller and Zipatile as control panel only. Also, you can use our API and/or virtual devices to connect some devices between themselves even without the wizard which we are working on.

photo

Sebastian, Claas was asking whether the cluster option will be ready when Zipatile will be shipped or will it take more time to wait after we receive the zipatile?

photo

how do you assign a Zipatile as control panel to manage an existing zipabox. is this what the cluster you were talking about does?

photo

I think to use the Zipatile as a control panel, you simple need to logon (obviously with the same email as the zipabox) and select the zipabox controller instead of the zipatile on the right hand main menu. This will give you control of the zipabox. Just the same as using an android tablet. It is more about the app rather than the zipatile controller itself.

photo
photo

How can i get access to the devices in the zipatile from the zipabox. or the otherway around?

photo

From my understanding, if you have devices added to both the Zipabox and other added to the zipatile, you will need to purchase a cluster for BOTH controllers. But I think to use the sensors on the Zipatile with the Zipabox you can do this through ip. Although I am not 100% sure on this.

photo

That is the second option Sebastian was talking about which would be free. That way the zipatile would still remain as a device with endpoints, and will not do any controller functions.

I'm expecting my Zipatile to arrive this week so I will give update on this, but either way the Zipatile has a lot faster hardware than zipabox so I would not leave Zipabox as the only controller. I would switch everything to Zipatile.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file