This object is in archive! 

Zipatile Home screen

Christoph Krieger shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

Is there a way to change the first Homescreen as I do not like the analog watch and I do not use thermostats.

Replies (6)

photo

is the first screen just a typical android wake screen? Can you use a different launcher?

photo

Yes it is possible. You can customize your Zipatile by pressing and holding finger on empty part of screen. From there you can select your wallpaper, add widgets and choose your default home screen.

photo

Thank you Mato.

photo

Hy, I tryed on my tile to do this but I can just change wallpaper. I can't remove the termostat or replace the analog cloch with another one

photo

Dear Laurent,

you will have to add new tab on your Zipatile. Default screen can't be changed.

You can add new tab by selecting widget, hold your finger on screen and drag it to left or right end of the screen. If you place your widget on new tab, new tab will be created automatically. You now have your new tab with widgets you desire.

photo

thx Mato, Ill try this

photo
photo

Is it possible to add an app to the bottom of the home screen? I tried but the app just disappear... Is there a setting I need to enable or something?

photo

it is not possible to modify the main page, but you can add additional pages and modify them...

photo
photo

Hi guys, start playing with the zipatile a couple of days ago. I used aio downloader and sideload to load the app apex launcher. This way I can customise the home screen, to have whatever I want.

Next i'll look into getting google play services installed so I can load other apps. Would be very handy to have the ability to add tasker and its associated plugins to this tablet also. I also like tinycam for camera widgets.

The only thing I am a little dissapointed with is the ability to use the touch buttons. It is only via the rule creator. This should really be used on the tablet. Now if I have 2 Zipatiles, and I need to use a touch button for a light on the second Tile, I will need to have a cluster licence. Not fair.

photo

You can set up your rules for 6 touch buttons in rule creator. On Zipatile you can also assign them some basic functions like Start app and Turn on/off screen.

photo
photo

I will work around this by using imperihome, scenes, and tasker to create an app from a Zipato scene, then the touch buttons can activate the app(scene). Still, an annoying and convoluted method to activate a scene. And I still need the Zipatile with play store installed first.

photo

I have tried to install Google Play Services but it always crashed. So I use a different market store now and it works perfectly except that Apps which needs the Google Play Service of course.

The Touch Buttons can be configured without rule creator (Depending of what you want to do with it). There is an app for this installed.

photo

you need to install gapps, not just google play services. i'll work something out when i have time.

the touch buttons, from the app are only configurable to turn on/off screen and launch an app. They are not configurable for turning on a light unless used through the Zipato rule creator. This is what is very disappointing. It means if you have another zipatile somewhere else, you can not simply use the zipato app on the Zipatile and configure a touch button to launch a scene or activate a light. This second zipatile will need to be part of a cluster to use the device of the 1st zipatile in a rule. Very limiting.

photo

I also tried to install gapps of course. Maybe I got the wrong ones.

However, you are right. Hopefully working cluster is coming soooooooon.

photo

you can add the aptoide app. its exactly like the google play store. https://www.aptoide.com/

photo

please let us now how to get the playstore to work... i need it for some tasker plugins. would be great. Thanx

photo

exactly the reason I want it.+1. Also allows me to use android wear connected locally straight to the Zipatile.

photo

Tryed to flash gapps over recovery function... its not working because i dont let me install it :(

We need a modified gapps package. I also tried to install an modified revovery without success.. but im not that used to android. Maybe someone else has more success with it.

photo

I want to connect rules from zipatile with tasker using AutoRemote.

Also tried Pushbullet but all of these apps needs the google play services

photo

heres everything youll need to isntall the google play services and the play store. also a few apps ive pulled my from my tablet i put on my zipatile https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rvv6me7gj083s3j/AABHHEffadAEUcPcCIPA9zLHa?dl=0

photo

wow big thanks

photo

wow big thanks

photo

Hmmmm cant install the Google app.apk it tells me "App not installed" if i try to install :( why its not working for me?

photo

Did you install the Google play services first? If you can't get that to work. I'm uploading a separate app store called aptoide. It's in the Dropbox folder. That is a work around for downloading apps without needing Google play store

photo

I Need to donwload Google Play Services seperatly? i tried this file from Your Folder:

Google App_6.0.17.21.arm64.apk but i cant install it.

with aptoide the apps who Need the Google Play Services not working or?

Thank you for Your help

photo

or is there a other way to send commands to tasker from zipatile to start a task

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file