This object is in archive! 

How to take a camera snapshot and send it through email on Zipatile? / Record a short video using r?

Alberto Macias shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

I'm starting to play with my Zipatile and wanted to create some tests with the snapshot and video recording function of the camera.

Basically my first atempt was to use the motion sensor to detect presence, take a snapshot and send it through email. Didn't work, see attached rule.

Second I wanted to record a small video whenever motion is detected but the rule shows as invalid, see attached rule.

Does someone had something like this working?

Replies (8)

photo

Dear Alberto,

I tried to recreate your rule with snapshot and it worked fine for me. Can you check maybe if you have some invalid rule prior to rule with snapshots?

Recording option will be available soon, that's why you were getting error messages.

photo

Mato,

I have only a couple rules in my Zipatile since I have all my devices in my zipabox, there is no invalid rule. Today it started to work randomly, sometimes I only get the email without an attachment, sometimes I get it correctly. Do I need to add a delay or something?

photo

Hi. I have the same issue. I just bought Foscam R2. Everything is working great apart from setting a rule to record See screenshot when I select recording on my IP Camera. When I save the rule, I got the same error message and then on the right it says 'INVALID' beside my rule.

photo

Dear Olivier,

we are introducing some changes in the configuration of Recording and it is unfortunately not available yet.

I will give you an update through this topic when it is completed.

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Pero

photo

I tried the record function today and I'm getting the same INVALID error. When will this be fixed?

photo

I tried to record today and i get no error, but also no records ...

photo

Hello,

I would appreciate an update if any from Zipato. It a great feature for safety app through Zipato.

I am looking for something similar, easier even: it is just to e able to switch my Zipatile on (this is possible already) and open automatically the mpeg stream of a certain camera on the screen of Zipatile. Also for a safety development.

photo

Pablo,

If you want a direct answer the fastest way is to open a ticket on https://support.zipato.com/ and you will get an answer from Zipato.

photo
photo

Thank you Alberto. Answer from Zipato for my question is this feature doesn't exist...

Hope more used find it useful for them. This way Zipato may consider it

Leave a Comment

Attach a file