This object is in archive! 

Strips by Sensative - How to configure?

Erik S. shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I got a couple of Strips by Sensative Door/window sensors for Christmas, but I have problems configuring them as normal door sensors.

I have successfully added the sensor to Zipabox, and the events works as expected, but I can't figure out how to configure this device normal open/closed sensor. This is just a binary sensor and should be quite straight forward to configre, or what?

Please look at the attached screenshots to see what "events" and "devices" I have after adding the sensor.

524c84b26ba142b199d87ef7b66994a3

As you can see, I have tried to configure the Strips in the device manager to show ACCESS_CONTROL and Sensor STATE as door sensor devices. I want to display this as simple as "Open/Closed", not WINDOW_OPEN/CLOSED or sensor state TRUE/FALSE. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

(As a "bonus feature" (bug), the UI doesn't update on sensor state, only on the ACCESS_CONTROL. I have verified in the event viewer that both of the values are sent to the Zipabox)

Best regards,

Erik

Best Answer
photo

Hi again,

I just bought a new Sensative by Strips, and it still seems like I need to set the custom parameter as explained in this post, meaning that this doesn't work "out of the box".

Replies (51)

photo

Hi!

I dont have one of those so i cant help you. But please make a post if you find a solution. I was about to buy 2 of those

photo

I have much the same problem. Have you looked at http://www.m.nu? There is something about changing parameters from 1 to 2. But I don't know how to set this.

So I really hope that someone can help here.

photo

I have much the same problem. Have you looked at http://www.m.nu? There is something about changing parameters from 1 to 2. But I don't know how to set this.

So I really hope that someone can help here.

photo

Hi Arild,

Thank you for the tip! I had actually checked the compatabilityt able on m.nu and checked their forums, but I missed the information you gave me! I managed to change the parameter 1 to value 2, and got one step further!

Here is how I changed this setting:

1. Go to device manager

2. Click the settings symbol on "Unknown manufacturer Sensor Notification"

19647a648259b25292c25c04752226ed

3. Go to the configuration tab, then custom configuration.

4. Set Param to 1 and value to 2. Leave the size empty. Click Save.

5. Wake up the strips by holding the round magnet to the round end of the strips. Wait for the signal to blink. Do this three times within 10 seconds and the strips wakes up and waits for communication from Zipabox.

6. The Zipabox responds either "Saved" (or similar) og timed out if you didn't complete the wake up process quick enough.

After I had done these steps, I see the status change under the device "Binary Sensor Sensative Strip". I edited the device and changed the type to door sensor, and I now have this result:

f8c82a6c15de6876396692128ad8a7bb

The only thing missing now is to change the text from Active / Inactive to Open / Closed. Does anyknow know how to do this?

Regards,

Erik

photo

Hello again Erik,

I helped you and you helped me! :) Thanks. Now we are both at same stage. And yes, it would be nice to have changed text from Active/inactive to Open/closed.

Anyone?

photo

Same question, would be nice to change the text...

photo
photo

I created a support ticket for this. I'll update this post after I get reponse from Zipato.

photo

Hello, It's like on the Sensative video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_6__-OwWv8

And with that change it's works for me like that: Active = Opened and Inactive = Closed

photo

Thank you for your comment, Miron. I managed to get the same results from the help of Arild in this post, but this doesn't help me too much. I need to keep the WAF factor high (wife acceptance factor), and the app saying the door is inactive doesn't help so much ;)

I got a response from Zipato support today, and hopefully this device will soon be fully supported:

"We forwarded your request to our Z-Wave developer who will create a descriptor for your device.We will let you know as soon as device is supported."

Regards,

Erik

photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_6__-OwWv8 - New UI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhdg4PbRx9w - OLD UI

These configuration videos from Sensative may help!

photo

This device is now fully supported out of the box. It's not nessecary to change the notification type anymore. Zipato has set the correct notification type as default. If anyone has problem's adding new Strips by Sensative without custom configutation, please open this thread again.

Zipato, thanks for implementing support for this device very quickly!

photo

So this means the steps in the above posted video (which is directly from Sensative!) is not correct/necessary anymore?

photo

Yes, in theory this is not nessecary anymore. The video was created by Sensative before Zipato implemented the support where they have set the default value of the device just like it's shown in the video.

Anyways, I havent had the chance to test a new out-of-the-box Strips to verify that the default value is correctly set.

photo

I got my strip today. Inclusion went (nearly) without problems. It was correctly recognized as a door sensor and the value is open/close (not active/inactive). So far, so good. But I still had to change parameter 1 to value 2, otherwise the sensor always stats "closed".

So it seems that the notification type still has to be changed manually. Can anyone confirm this with his unit?

photo
photo

It takes up to 10 seconds (sometimes 2-3 seconds, sometimes more) until the Web UI (and also the iOS app) show the new status. Do you guys have also seen this behavior?

In the sensative videos on their homepage there is a Fibaro gateway which immediately changes the state.

photo

After adding the device I had to wake (round magnet 3 times on the rounded end within 10 sec) the device again before it reported the state.

photo

Greetings,

After adding the strip please make sure that configuration option 1 is set to 2. This will be set automatically after some time but you can speed it up by setting the value manually.

photo

I am having similar issues with the strips.

It is relatively hard to wake them up- sometimes they do not respond. Then they show in the Control Center exactly as in the first post. Setting Option 1 to value 2 does not work, because I am always prompted to "wake the device", even if I just did that 2 seconds ago and got the correct LED blink pattern from the Strip.

Then, both strips showed a "problem" during initial configuration and I had to reset them.

Still, I only get open/closed from the ACCESS_CONTROL parameter. The normal door sensor always shows "closed", regardless of what is the actual situation.

Very frustrating product. I am considering sending it back.

photo

Are you sure you are clicking "Send" instead of "Save"? (confusing, right??)

Check this video to make sure you do it right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dQbPhSD-jw

photo

Thank you for the reply and the video. Yes, I do exactly as in the video. After "send", it complains that I have to wake up the Strip, I take the Strip and do the 3-times-round-magnet-to-rounded-edge-magic described in the manual. I get three green blinks as confirmation.

Still the "send" command does complain that I need to wake the Strip. After trying it some more, it worked at about the 10th attempt with two resets of the Strip in between. No idea why the Strip does not wake up before or only wakes up for a few seconds.

photo

Hi Jochen,

I work as a Software Development and Test Engineer at Sensative. I am sorry to hear that you are facing some issues with your Strips. Would it be possible for you to send us an email at support@sensative.com and describe your problem a bit more in detail? We'd be more than happy to help and assist you. If need be, we can set up a Skype call (Sensative.lund) as well.

Best Regards

Shankhesh Gaur

photo

I have 3 strips working around the house, they all work fine now. But I also had difficulties to set up the strips. I found out I needed to do several refreshes as well as reloading the web UI (Chrome) to make it all work. I also noticed they worked better if I added them from the ZipaTile itself instead as from the web UI. They do work nicely and one of the strips is in my garden house so at least 20m away from the nearest Z-Wave repeater. It takes some time to figure out how they work but they certainly do work with ZipaTile.

photo

Hi,

now I have 9 Strips.

1)

After successfully connection to Zipabox, I need to "wake them up" by moving the round magnet 3 times in 10 seconds. After doing this, the STATE turns correct. WHY? This is not described anywhere?

2)

Now, after I setup all 9 Strips 48 hours ago, all STATE become "open", although the windows and doors were still close for hours. I try to open and close a window again, the STATE turns correct again. The wake-up-interval is still on it's default value 1440minutes.

Any ideas? Zipabox is 1m away from nearest Strip, that has still wrong value.

photo

Dear Christian

I had the same issues with the Strips. Even talked to high-level Sensative Support, but no real answer.

I kept experimenting with the magnet until they woke up long enough to receive the parameter I send from the Zipato control center.

For your second point: I have one strip which works perfectly well. The other one works fine for a week or so. Then it starts going to "open" although the door is closed. Just like in your case.

I initially thought that the rectangular magnet is very weak and perhaps is not close enough to the strip. Then I put some additional tape underneath it. Now it is 2 mm from the Strip and still goes to "open" after a few days. This might be a defect. Any ideas?

photo

I forgot: I don't think the wake-up interval has something to do with this behaviour. The strip will wake up and say "hi, I am still here, my battery is x%" and so on every 1440 minutes. But it will also send a signal every time the rectangular magnet moves away.

photo

I have almost the same problem, but mine report every few days 'closed' without opening or closing the door. Not really a big issue as I only use 'open' in my rules. I do think it is the wakeup routine causing this problem.

photo

Hi Ivo,

in combination with rules, it's not a big issue. But what if they are acting as a security device in an alarm partition?

photo

So far I had no false alarms due to this odd behaviour, but I'm not shure if this already happened when the alarm was on.

photo
photo

I have shipped one of the Strips back today. Random (false) open/close events are a nogo. How should I trust this in an alarm setting? The other strip I have works well since five weeks. I hope it lasts.

photo

Jochen,

I am testing many many different sensors and actuators from different vendors, including Sensastrip. Many door/window devices send a "Closed" message every so often. It's the sensor's way of staying in touch.

If, on the other hand, you get random "Open" messages without the door/window being opened, it's clearly a faulty device which should be decommissioned.

photo

Thanks Robert. Yes, I could easily live with a "closed" message. However, mine gave an "open" message after a few days. Door was never opened in the meantime. I reset it- worked for a few days, then the same thing happened again. And again. And again.

Then I did not want to continue and sent it back.

I have a 433 MHz Chuango sensor, which also does not work. But this seems to be a range issue. The other Strip and the Zipato Multisensor work fine.

photo

Hi Jochen and everybody,

I wrote a message to Sensative, too. No answer....

The distance of the rectangular magnet can't be the problem.

Also the distance between Strip and Zipabox can't be the problem.

I have one Strip (adhesive protection film is still on Strip, it's NEW) on my desk with 1m distance from Zipabox, which is also on my desk. This Strip has the same strange behavior than the 8 others. :-(

I ask myself, why the other communities (not Zipato) have no unsolved posts about the Strips.

And why nobody from Zipato read about problems in this community.

photo

Christian,

ZipatoTech and ZipatoManagement follows this forum, but this is _not_ an "open support forum" for Zipato; it's a community forum where community members help each other. If you need support from Zipato, you need to open a ticket in support.zipato.com.

That said, it is not unlikely that you experience Zipato-related issues when trying to include the Sensastrip devices. I too am struggeling and find that I have to try numerous times before succeeding. Also, I experience that what has successfully been included in the controller is not always reflected in the control center, even after refresh. I have experienced that I have needed to reboot the controller and/or forcibly refreshing the browser by logging out and back in again, for new devices to show.

I guess this is a result of many things happening at Zipato right now, when the focus has been on successfully implementing Cluster. Things relating to control center syncronization may have skipped a few notches. I'm not too worried about that though; I'm sure it will catch up and be ironed out.

In sum; Try the following:

Reboot the Zipatobox/Zipatile.

Log out and log back in, to the ControlCenter.

Check in Devices->Z-wave to verify that you do NOT have any Sensastrip devices

If you do, delete them and start over.

Go through the Z-Wave deletion/inclusion procedure with the magnets on the strip etc. Check the lights on the strip, that they flash etc during inclusion, according to the description in the manual.

Check in Devices->Z-wave if it's there.

If not, reboot, resync etc., and check again.

Best regards,

Robert

photo

Robert,

you are right, but all that I have done a lot of times. Open a Ticket seems to be the last option.

You read, that all my Strips are working again after moving the rect. magnet away and back again (respectively open and close windows and doors)? The first 3 I included last week, the last 6 this week. All 9 have the same issue. I think, a new ex- and inclusion will not change anything, but I will give it a try, because of new Firmware update.

Regards,

Chris

photo

Chris,

Just to make sure I understand your issue:

Is the problem that you a) are unable to add the devices successfully, or b) that you are unable to get them working in rules, or c) that you get unsolicited and erronous "Door Open" signals?

Best regards,

Robert

photo

Hi Robert,

my problem is c)

Yesterday evening at 11:53pm I move and re-move all square magnets from Strips. All states are correct after that.

This morning some of them are still correct, some of them show wrong state.

One of them is Strip that is not mounted to windows but already paired (it lies on my desk). It has also he wrong state in zipabox. The distance between magnet and Strip is less than 1mm, and distance to zipabox is less than 60cm. When I move the magnet and replace again, the state becomes correct again. So connection to zipabox is still ok.

photo

Hi Christian,

could you please check your firmware versions of your strips and give me / us a feedback (see my post further down). Maybe there is a general bug with fw 0.6?!?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Guido

photo

Hi Guido,

I can confirm FW - all my strips have FW 0.6.

Unfortunately I cannot compare to 0.5.

photo

Hi Guido,

I can confirm FW - all my strips have FW 0.6.

Unfortunately I cannot compare to 0.5.

photo
photo

Same problem here. But only with one of two strips. The other works fine.

photo

Hi all,

I have excactly the same problem:

I have several strips in use, some of them shows an "Open" status after a while, although the window / door has not been opened in the meantime.

I compared the strips that have this "bug" to those who haven't and perhaps I've found a clue: All the faulty strips have firmware version 0.6, the ones without any problem have fw version 0.5.

My questions:

1. Can anyone confirm this suggestion?

2. Is there any chance to downgrade the strips to version 0.5?

Best regards,

Guido

photo

As stated above I have a similar problem, but mine luckily report closed instead of open. FW of all 3 strips is 0.5

photo
photo

On Z-wavealliance is a new version documented since 8/12/2016 with FW 10.7/10.8

OLD: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1790

NEW: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2080

Someone knows how to upgrade FW?

photo

Hi Christian.

Unfortunately you cannot do this on your own.

I've sent all my strips with fw 0.6 to Sensative in Sweden after creating a support ticket. They'll re-flash them and send them back to me within the next week.

I can share my experience here in this thread after re-mounting them.

Best Regards

Guido

photo

Hi everybody,

I experience the same problem.

My strips are built 02/16 and do have the FW 0.6

They can be included but do not change their status. It´s always closed.

Is there any other workaround then sending the strips back to downgrade the FW?

Thanks and best,

Frank

photo

Hi Frank,

always close I can't confirm. You paired them with your Zipabox/tile. After thhat, you have to wake them up, first time. Then they send their correct status - in my case for some randomly hours ;-)

1. Wake up:
    Wake up Strips manually for Z-Wave communication. Place the round magnet (B) at the rounded edge. When the LED blinks, move the magnet away. Repeat a total of 3 times within 10 seconds.

I have to call sensative support by skype, hope to give it a chance tomorrow.

I'll let you know about it.

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

great, that works!!

Thanks a lot for your help.

The strips do now work properly and fast.

Best,

Frank

photo

Hi Frank,

nice to hear my tip was helpful.

Maybe you have one of your strips that you don't need to change state for 24h.

In my case ALL strips looses their state after less than 24 hours.

So it will be nice, you let me know if your strips working great for that time, or you have the same strange problem as me.

Today in 9,5 hours (11 o'clock in Germany) I have arranged the call to Sensative and hope to find an solution.

regards

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

I will try that today. The current first strip I installed is at a door that is frequently opened. That works fine till now.

I´ll test and let you know.

Best,

Frank (also German ;-)

photo

Hi Chris,

have you got a feedback from the producer?

Please see below my test. It´s exactly the same. So I would send them back this week if there is no workaround.

Best,

Frank

photo
photo

Hi Chris,

I fear you´re right. Looking at the protocol of my strip the door state switched this morning to "open" when obviously no one opened it... This was after ca. 8,5h of inactivity...

Looking forward to the feedback of your skype call.

Best,

Frank

photo

Hi everybody,

here are the results of my test.

It shows the same behavior as the strips of Chris.

Strip 1) Sends "Open" after 4h of last status change.

• Strip is included at a highly frequented door.
  • As a try I changed wake-up int. to 360min. instead of factory set 1440min.

Strip 2) Sends "Open" after 21h of last status change.

• Strip was newly included and then left in a permanent open state (magnet away).

Strip 3) Sends "Open" after 21h of last status change.

• Strip was newly included and then left in a permanent closed state (fixed magnet).
  • Didn´t even close and change state after sending "open".

So obviously these strips do show a strange behaviour and are not appropriate for use in an alarm system.

Question:

So even if I do know it doesn´t make sense in a technical way. But I reduced wake-up int. time on the first strip that resulted in an even earlier unwanted send of "open". What would happen if I set the parameter to e.g. 1.000.000 min? I´ll give this a last try.

(edit: Not possible. Can only be changed to the factory setting max. 1440min).

Chris, have you got any news form your talk with the producer?

Best,

Frank

photo

I have not really any news. I am waitung to receive a test Strip with FW 0.8.

That's the result of our phone conference.

photo
photo

Thanks for all your feedback. Today I have received another strip. And again, I am having massive problems including it. I wake it up with the round magnet. It excludes. I wake it again, it includes. Then I can name it and save it. This fails and afterwards the device is not shown in the device manager.

I am going crazy with these things. Why don't they just have a button or a switch instead of the insane magnet-on-off procedure?

The other three strips I have work fine now, after exclusion and re-inclusion many times.

photo

Thanks for the feedback guys. A new patch has been applied in strips template last Friday that should eliminate this problem. In order for this patch to be applied , you need to reset the Strips and then include it again in your gateway. Kindly update if this solves the problem.

Note: Don't forget to wake up Strips once its included to set the correct configurations.

photo

Hello Shankhesh Singh Gaur,

I cannot see a newer Firmware for Zipabox than 1.1.38. I have to use load Beta, or is this patch applied independent from Zipabox Firmware?

photo

Hi Christian,

The patch lies in the template and should be downloaded automatically as soon as you include Strips.

photo
photo

Hi everybody,

yesterday I received my re-flashed strips back from Sensative. Now they have FW 0.8 and they seem to work as they should (no more sudden "Open"s even the window is still closed).

I asked Sensative to explain what the problem was. If I get an answer I will post it here.

Best Regards,

Guido

photo

Let's wait some more days ...

I'll keep my fingers crossed :-)

photo
photo

Hi everybody,

the patch seems to work.

I resetted my FW0.6 strips yesterday and included them again. Now, after 24h the status is still unchanged (1 strip open, 1 strip closed). Before latest after 24h and randomly before the strip sent an "open".

Great! Thanks for the update.

Best,

Frank

photo

For me, too :-)

Now, after 25h all re-joined Strips have the correct status.

I am still in contact with sensative, who worked together wit zipato on the new schema.

photo
photo

I just tried to include my new strip. Tried to follow the procedure outlined here. First of all, the magnet-magic does not work reliably. Sometimes you have to place the magnet four or five times for one blink to occur. Why not have a button there?

Second, I included it, reset it and re-included it. Still, it did not show the correct status. Only after I manually set the configuration parameter 1 to value 2 it works. But to achieve this, you have to have the timing absolutely right. One second to late to send the configuration after waking the device- it fails. In the end, I started the configuration send 2 seconds BEFORE the third blink for wake. Then it worked.

Such a pain to make them work. Sure there must be an easier way?

photo

Hi Jochen,

we are here to help each-other, and all new owner of sensative strips ;-)

Nice to hear, you found this thread.

You have brand new strips, but I think you have still Firmware 0.6. Firmware 0.7 is brand new and as I know, not already in the public market.

Yesterday we hear about the new schematic template which is used dring the zipabox configuration process of the strips. Yesterday at the same time I write to sensative support, that the include procedure is working much better now - but not as described above with the old, maybe faulty schema.... So this thread becomes false.

Now it’s enough to proceed as followed:

1. Click on „Add new Device“ in Zipabox WebInterface

- The exclusion mode starts now for 60 sec

1. - only for first inclusion of new Strips and manually resetted Strips: click on „Force Join“ and go to step 5, because the Strip cannot be excluded

2. 2. Move around the round magnet 3 times in 10 sec and wait

3. 3. The WebInterface detects the exclusion which is also shown by a Long green led activity

4. 4. The inclusion mode starts right after successfull exclusion

5. 5. Move around the round magnet 3 times in 10 sec and wait again

6. 6. The WebInterface detects the inclusion and finished with the option to rename the device

7. 7. Now the state is close, although the door/window/Strip is open

8. - Close Strip with rectangular magnet OR close window/door and open it again

9. 8. Finish, now the Strip works without wake-up procedure described above.

This method I write to sensative yesterday, because the tricky step 7. But this is already better than wake-up after inclusion :-)

Jochen, as I understand you have your Strip successfully paired with you Zipabox/tile/....

In case you want to try to join the strip again, it's not enough to remove the strip from Zipabox by clicking the paper-bin icon. This removes the strip only from zipabox, but not set strips status to excluded.

You have to ways to exclude and re-include the strip:

a) go through procedure described above from step 1-8

b) reset the strip manually and remove it from with paper-bin icon from zipabox and "force join" it

To reset the Strip manually, move the round magnet to the round corner and move back to the middle of the strip as followed:

1. move magnet to round corner until led blink 1 time short

2. move magnet back to the middle of the strip

3. move magnet to round corner until led blink 1 time short

4. move magnet back to the middle of the strip

5. move magnet to round corner until led blink 1 time short

6. move magnet back to the middle of the strip

7. move magnet to round corner until led blink 1 time short

8. hold magnet at round corner until the led is on for longer time

--> Now the strip is resetted.

First time I try to take the round magnet away from strip, but in a lot of try and errors I found it's more easy to scratch it over the plastic cover of the strip ;-)

Hope to help you, let me know

photo
photo

Same problem with me. not possible to get a correct status from strips... always shown as closed. FW 0.6 not working with zipabox......

photo

Hi Carlito

for me it's working since last week, without any trouble anymore. Last week Sensative&Zipato has worked on a new configuration template, that will be automatically applied, as you remove strips from zipabox, and rejoin them.

I use the latest FW 1.1.38 on my Zipabox already before the updated schema template was completed. The Strips have still FW 0.6.

Just the un-join and re-join do the trick, as I described above your post in the reply to Jochen. After re-join do not wake-up any longer, just close and re-open the windows/door/square-magnet.

photo

Hi together,

I have to include 25 strips....2 are fully included after several tries

FW 06 works like described by Christian,

FW 07 doesn'twork, because strip is always included as an unknown device, even after manufacturer reset

photo

and it seems that i have a lot with the 0.7 firmware...

photo

after including 10 strips with FW 0.6 i can recommend the following procedure:

when brand new:

1. no exclusion, do a forced inclusion with manufacture fixed magnets when zipabox asks to bring device in inclusion mode (remove square magnet first, round magnet second)

2. after that, the strip is included, but the problem is it shows always closed status

3. to solve problem move square magnet to square strip corner and remove ( 1x green LED), then three times with the round magnet over the round corner ( 3 x green led) all within 10 sec.

4. strip with FW 0.6 is fully included and shows correct state

Thx to Christian!

photo
photo

Hi all,

as Christian described above there is a solution for both problems discussed in this thread:

1. strips always show "Closed"

2. strips went to "Open" although the window is still closed).

Today I got an answer from Sensative about the second problem when strips went to "Open" although the windows is still closed.

They told me, that they found a solution in collaboration with Zipato support and it depends not on the strips firmware anymore. So you don't have to send them to Sensative as I did. The solution works with any firmware.

Here is an abstract from the answer from Sensative:

[...]

If anyone has similar issues with Strips and Zipato, they should first check that they have the latest SW version for their Zipabox, then they can simply reset Strips and add them to the Zipabox again (they don’t have to send the units back to us for re-flashing, it is only necessary to reset or exclude and re-include them to the gateway). When the user have added Strips the to the Zipabox again they should not have any issues with Strips. If they for some reason need our support, they can simply fill in our contact form at: http://www.sensative.com/contact.html and we will get in touch asap.

[...]

Hope this helps.

Thanks to Sensative and Zipato for the support in this case.

Best Regards

Guido

photo

Hi all,

After a few tries I succeeded in joining the Sensative Strip and it shows the correct status. However I could not find a way to customize the status indication from 'Windows Open' because it is attached a door and not a window. How can I change the status to just 'Open' or 'Closed'?

Thanks, Gilles

Newbie to domotica and Zipabox

photo

The problem was solved all by it's self. Somehow the next day the STATE status showed up with just Closed and Open.

photo
photo

angry,angry,angry...........I am so disappointed, I have been trying now for 2 hours with my first stripe, and it does not work. "How difficult it must be," I have 46 devices with my zipabox.

Why should it be so hard to just work. I have tried everything but the STATE is show closed all the time.

photo

How do you put it to your zipto? I do not know how to add them.....

photo

Now I got to it. However, the status of the opening and closing does not change. Is it just to wait?

photo

When I added my strips to zipato, the state was always "Closed". I followed the tip mentioned here to solve that: https://community.zipato.com/topic/strips-by-sensative-how-to-configure#comment-29776

1. move the rectangular magnet towards the flat edge of the strip, then remove it (the led should blink)

2. move the round magnet towards the rounded edge of the strip, then remove it (the led should blink). Repeat this step 3 times.

This sequence needs to be completed within 10sec.

photo

It looks like I have the FW 0.4 can do that I have a problem ....

photo
photo

HelloWhere do you see the firmware version of Sensative Strip?

photo

@ConMar, In the WebUI, go to Device Manager. Click the CogWheel on the Sensative device. You will now have a folder list [General] [Configuration] [Icon] [Advanced].

Click "Advanced" and you will see FW Version.

photo
photo

Hi again,

I just bought a new Sensative by Strips, and it still seems like I need to set the custom parameter as explained in this post, meaning that this doesn't work "out of the box".

photo

@Erik S.,

Sensative Strip should _not_ require any special parameters, but should work straight out of the box and should continue to work for many years!

Note though, that _after_ adding to Zipato, you should do a device WakeUp by placing and removing the round magnet on the round edge three times within 10 seconds. If I understand things correctly, this lets the Sensative Strip adapt its internal settings to the controller.

photo

I just installed 3 Sensative strips. I had to factory reset all strips (now running FW:0.4) and set the Custom Configuration to Param:1, Size:1, Value:0 to get it to work.

photo

Just want to confirm, after a lot of trouble and contact with Sensative support, (who does not have a clue about it....) ;Changing the parameters as Andreas says is the solution (even when strips are FW 0.8 firmware) Just remember to push send after putting in the param 1, Zize 1 and Value 0, and wake up your strip before the update times out.

photo
photo

Hi

I bought several strips however I can’t add to zipato even single one. Can you help please how to add them?

Thanks a lot

D

photo

I think this is well described above. Read instructions manual for the strip on how to set them in inclusion mode, force join in Zipato if necessary, do a «special wakeup» holding the round magnet three times against the round end of the strip within 10 sec, enter the config of the strip and set Param to 1 Size to 1 and Value to 0. Send this and manually wake up the strip as discribed from the manual (within 20 sec) Then you get confirmed that configuration is sent (timed out means you have to send it again and do a new wake up).

Then it should work:-)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file