This object is in archive! 

2N Doorphone Android client does not ring

Laszlo Szoke shared this problem 7 years ago
Known

Did you encounter this problem? The client pops up correctly but does not ring. App notification is set to "Prority", Everything seems to be ok in Sounds and Notification. Where else to check?

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Laszlo,

did you watch our video for 2N doorphone?

https://youtu.be/7Gev9u0tNbM?list=PLN0VPadwCs02BmLOfRaiiZ8c1Wwu8ogFN

if it's still not working, please open a ticket.

Regards,

Dominik

photo

I folllowed this video and I was able to configure the comunication. I can call the Zipatile from the doorphone but I cannot unlock the door relay. I configured the Door code in <Settings-General-Door Code> to be the same as configured in the 2N Doorphone (Helios Verso) but nothing happens when I push the Unlock button.

The video does not describe how to set up this essential function.

photo

I've found the solution. The Door Code must be the the one entered in <Hardware-Switches-Switch 1-Switch Codes> in the 2N doorphone. I used the door code entered for the User which is not correct.

So now I have a fully functional setup. Thank you for your help.

photo
photo

Hello Dominik,

This not the described SIP based configuration, it is a peer-to-peer There is a 2N Helios Mobile Android client installed on Zipatile (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.nn.helios_mobile) which is called directly by the doorphone. wich is in the same network Everything works fine (cant talk, can see the camera stream, can unlock the door) but the app does not ring at all. It just pops up silently.

photo

As far as I know gue to Zipatile not having google services running the notification as you would expect is not working. This is why you need to follow the video tutorial and use the SIP protocol.

photo

Well, an older version of the 2N client rings. The old one cannot handle the video stream but rings. 2N says that they have tested that client on Zipatile and it was ok. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

photo

Perhaps they have not fully tested. Or they had different experience than you. For example I was able to install one version of skype on the controller and I had the notification type you desire, however other users who installed various versions of skype had as you. On the other hand once I had this skype installed on zipatile, it started to drop the wifi signal too often so I had to remove it.

photo

maybe the older version of the 2N client was working over local LAN, and the new client works over cloud servers giving you remote access. 2N Cloud servers would then direct messages through Google services which is not on the Zipatile. But an old version probably does not have remote access and thus communicates locally with the app itself. Just a thought depending on how old a version you are talking about

photo

To use the SIP version you have to pay for the PRO license. I see no reason to pay extra $100 for to use a more complicated setup. But well, I PAYED that extra $100 to test the doorphone for a future project. Suprize! Money gone, no credits in Wallet. This was yesterday. I'm still waiting.

photo

Raise a ticket. When I purchased credit, it arrived within 5 minutes.

photo

Attila, send me please an address where I can contact you in private. to brix@brix.ro

photo

Email sent from info@zipatohome.sk

photo

Hello,

Did you find a solution for this issue? I also have a 2N Helios intercom and just bought a Zipatile. I configured the Helios Mobile app (v4.4) without SIP server (using the P2P feature only). I can see the video, place and receive calls, open the door, BUT it is not ringing and I have no sound during communications...

Any idea?

thanks a lot

photo

Not yet. Only the SIP Server version is working but you need a $99 pro license.

photo

Well, to be honest, if someone can afford an approx. 800+ EURO video intercom, a 99 Euro pro license is a small amount to pay.

Fabien, any SIP based intercom needs to have a running SIP server on Zipatile to work as intended and this requires PRO upgrade.

photo

Hi Laszlo,

2N have stopped any technical support of this app (Mobile app v4.4) since it was replaced by 2N® Mobile Video, so we also have difficulties with the integration on ZipaTile.

Also, 2N® Mobile Video runs through their cloud service, they have discontinued support for the local functionality of their Android app.

When/If we find a solution, we'll let you know.

Regards,

Dominik

photo

Hello Dominik

My understanding is that SIP apps must now use iOS/Android push notifications to receive calls properly. This is not possible using 2N's peer2peer communication mecanism. It requires to use Apple's PushKit or Google's Push servers. That's why they retired the former Helios Mobile app.

The new 2N Mobile Video app uses push notification services. The problem is that it only works if you subscribe to their (very expensive) my2n.com service.

The questions are:

- is the Zipato SIP server compatible with Google/Apple push notification mecanisms?

- which app on the Zipatile can we use to receive/manage these notifications and communicate with the 2n intercom?

thanks a lot

fabien

photo

Hello Fabien,

This link shows you how to configure the 2N doorphone. Them you can use the built in Intercom app to comunicate with the doorphone. We tested the setup using a 2N Helios Verso and it works. You need a Pro license on the Zipatile for the SIP server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gev9u0tNbM

photo

Hello,

Before I spend another 100€ to have this very expensive doorphone to work as expected, could someone tell me if the Zipato SIP server uses Apple/Google Push notification services? This is very much needed if I want the 2N intercom to also work with the other smartphones I have at home...

thanks

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file