This object is in archive! 

Wall Plug turning on & off by it self

Interested shared this problem 6 years ago
Known

Hi.

I have observed some new problem.

I've tested three different wall plug`s which are working with other devices .... only not with freezer.

I constantly seeing that switch is switching on & off, but the freezer works always.

Also did try with settings > ALWAYS ON (enabled).

tnx again.

Replies (8)

photo

I had the same problem. I had no response here. Removed the wallplug. Replaced these plugs with GSM device with slave relays for freezer, gas boiler etc where this problem occured.

https://community.zipato.com/topic/fibaro-wallplug-turns-off-and-on-by-itself

photo

I did previously used Fibaro FGS-223 without problems ...

photo

Hmm, can you have a look what is the power load. What if when the freezer turns off and then on, there is too much inrush current and the switch turns off. Is this problem only when you connect the switch to the freezer?

I observed before that I had a switch connected to washing machine. Despite in the manual of machine the consumption to be 900W, there was moments when the actual consumption was 2200W.

photo

Yes, I only have problem with a freezer.

Current load is now 87,30w at this time.

photo

Hmm, interesting. I think this might be a problem due to a too big inrush, the safety on the switch kicks in and turns off for a short time (a couple of seconds). I would advice if you have willing to test, purchase another manufacturer plug that can handle 16A and test.

photo

I have connected freezer to another wall plug from refrigerator.

In a day or 24 hours the freezer has switched state to off about 40 times (on another plug) !!!

Refrigerator which was connect to a plug from freezer, has changed the state two times in 24 hours.

photo

Hmmm, strange the least. Do you have reported metering values? It looks like it is definitely something with your fridge.

photo

As I said in an earlier comment with a link to another thread I had the same kind of problem. This is when the wall plug was connected to a gas heater. Not in use, only turned on. I have not found any explanation yet.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file