This object is in archive! 

The internal siren (or other) doesn't sound when alarm is trigged

Robert Frendo shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I just copied and pasted the ticket i send. I've been waiting for a week and i need my alarm working. Maybe any of you could tell me what to do.

"I'm trying to set up an alarm for my office, so we can understand how to install it to our costumers. But any device (outdoor siren or internal siren in the zipatile) sounds, not even when i put a light as siren. They do though work as a Squawk.

I also noticed that the volume (i may be wrong) of the siren (image 02) is at 0%. I tried to set it at 100% and sync, but it comes back to 0%. Also, the look of our outdoor siren (image03) shows it is off line, but i guess it is because is sleep mode? It may be relevant.

We tried some rules also (image04 and image05), but it doens't work. With the rules, when we set the siren to be activated when the alarm is trigged, it doesn't work. Could you help us, please?"

We managed to bring the outdoor siren back online (image06), but it makes no difference, as our main issue is that any device is activated when the alarm is trigged.

I hope anyone could help me. Thank you.

Replies (25)

photo

This will definitely not be an answer to all your questions, but, the internal siren is perfectly normal to be at 0% most of the time. It changes to 100% when it plays any sound and then back to 0% - you can see it is in stop-sound.

Do you have pro licence? If no, you need to remove any additional siren. you can only have one in the alarm panel. I also don't recommend you using anything else than the siren for squawk or siren as this setting is currently (still) not designed to work with the alarm, although they should - basically you should not use any light or plug as siren or squawk. This requirement should work in rules although you state it is not.

i have integrated light into rules to work as squawk device and it works perfectly fine. Try to replace the action puzzle in the rules with set puzzle and set the siren to a sound

/AQoXubtmX6HMAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

photo

Thank you, we didn´t know about the alarm sound level. We have pro license, but in our tests we didn´t include more than 1 siren in the alarm panel. We are using a virtual alarm, our set up was this (image07). We´ll take out the Squawk from there and add it in a rule.

Thank you very much! We were running out of ideas hahaha. We´ll make some test and see what happen.

photo

As a squawk, you need to replace the binary switch with siren. Siren can be in the squawk device. As you have PRO license, you can use more sirens as Siren and squawk so add both, the internal siren and the external siren. it should work. The only think that comes up to my mind - in order for a siren to work properly, it needs to be an active listener, it cannot be a device that "wakes up" as it will never wake up at the time required. Siren should be active listener.

photo

Well, we tested some stuff:

-We took off the siren from the virtual alarm, siren and squawk. Tried with rules (image08, image09). We tried both action and set blocks. It didn´t work.

-We set up as siren the zipatile internal siren only, no squawk. Tried the same rules. Didn´t work.

-We set up as squawk the zipatile internal siren, no siren asigned. Tried same rules, didn´t work.

-On the rules, we change the zipatile internal siren for the Popp outdoor siren. And we tried the 3 steps above again.

It didn´t work either.

Probably my rules are wrong.

Kind regards

photo

Hmm, just to doubkle check, have you synched using both left and right hand side buttons?

I have no other idea.

photo

Everytime i change some rule i sync with the right button, and everytime i change something in the device with the left sync button. Should i check with both?

photo

No need. You doing right. I just doubke checked what if not. So basically none of the siren works nit in alarm and not in rules?

photo

I just did a simple rule (image10) and it didn´t sound. But if i test the siren funcionallity (image11) it makes the sound. I´m starting to doub about my rule skills.

photo

In your latest rule remove the value "20". then reattach the siren and just select one sound. The number will automatically populate and leave it like that.

If no good, then I have no idea

photo

That worked. But what that´s it mean?

photo

We tried this, but it doesn´t work. (image12)

photo

Try to change in the WHEN block the ARM to ANY.

If no good raise a ticket with support.zipato.com. it should work.

photo

I tried image 13 and it works (when motion selected) but doesn´t work with image 14.

photo

Oh, i tried with "any" in the when block also. I was posting this while i was waiting response for my ticket. So i guess i´ll have to wait a bit more. Thanks a lot Attila.

photo

did you try "any" block then another if and tripped in the same rule?

photo
photo

Finally support fixed up my problem with the alarm. Now it works smuthly.

photo

Can you share with us what was the issue?

photo

Hi Alberto,

Actualy i don't have the details. But for sure it wasn't a problem of my rules or devices. I think it was a cloud problem or even a old firmware issue related. Sorry i can't tell you more. But i suggest if someone have a problem of this kind, and is shure that everything works fine, submit a ticket right away.

Kind Regards

photo

I haven't the volume control in siren neither WEB UI or Zipatile screen.

And I've open a ticket because the siren sound too low.

It's possible set or manage the siren volume?

Kind regards

Paco.

photo

Good afternoon.

I have this problem with the siren of my alarm, three weeks ago I opened a ticket, but they have been able to give me a solution. Well lately do not give solutions, also opened a ticket for the subject of the scenes, which can not be created or modified and no one answered.

The fact is that if I skip the alarm this does not produce any sound.

If anyone knows of a solution, please ......

A greeting.

photo

I got the same problem.

I got the same problem.

It's seems like I can't control the volume. If I change the slider that looks lite the volume I acutely change the alarmasound.

Maybe I'm in some way turned down the volume to zero I now I cant make it louder again.

photo

Same here, did anyone got the siren to work? Mine almost doesnt sound

photo

I contacted Zipato support and got a new Zipatile. After some weeks the managed to restore my new zipatile to the new zipatiles setting.

photo

Hi again,

This problem was resolve with the lasts updates.

Thank you

photo

In my zipato is still not working, whenever I press any sound in the zipatile I'm almost unable to listen it... the room needs to be without any noice and really close to the siren.

What should I do?

photo

Same problem here, can only hear the sound when I put the tablet to my ear, any news?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file