Is it currently compatible or not?

photo

Any news on this ?

photo

It is fully supported now...

photo

Great news thanks

photo

Do you know if it is possible to set up a delay for activation of the alarm using the benext tag reader? (bypass the alarm activation for 20 seconds)

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Thanks for the update, i have not seen any mention in the release notes, it is planned for the next firmware upgrade ?

photo

Hi,

Who can confirm that this is available in the firmware deployed ?

photo

It is not....

photo

Bruno wrote:

It is not....
you're right, i baught the benext tag reader, i managed to include it the z-wave network, i can see it in the zipabox installed device liste, but I can't use it....

Don't work in the rule creator, don't work when add it as Squawk in security widget, and nothing in control security widget.

so i can guess it's not yet fully supported has Sebastian said it ?

photo

It is supported, but certainly there is a chance that the firmware of your device is different. Please check the UID of the device and send it to us.

Certainly it can't work as squawk! For squawk you need actuator not keypad.

photo

Hi Sebastian,

Here is mine :

19cfe2a1-246e-4860-8adf-4e4238313dee

And the other one :

37df30ce-5c47-4b65-a699-899dbb286a98Thanks,

Bruno

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

It is supported, but certainly there is a chance that the firmware of your device is different. Please check the UID of the device and send it to us.

Hi Sebastian, thanks for answering, here is my benext UUID: 21ca3f39-2a0d-4a87-a77d-7b6ca458ecd2 (and dc2501f9-9146-4444-bd37-ecac04868af6 for the "device folder")

by the way i tryed to changed device type from keypad to actuator, but i didn't findthis topic...

my zipabox curent firmware is 0.9.974.

Sébastien

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

ok found it in rules actuator, bur when i added it into a sensor topic there is no attribute to select...

i check on benext website to find a firmware update but found nothing

Sébastien

photo

If it is supported, could you please provide rules examples to set user code and activate something when the correct code is entered ?

Thank you

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

I do not really understand the problem with the UID.I really want to know if it's fully supported or not, because I was about to buy it. Thanks for your answer.

photo

Sometimes the same devices can have different firmwares and this way they are not acting exactly the same. This is why we need UID, as this way we can check whether we support this firmware or not.

This device which you are calling BeNext tag reader is actually the keypad device manufactured by Chinese company Wintop. Obviously, there is a company which changed the name of the device and maybe the firmware as well. We do support the original device but we don't support any re-branded versions.Also, we will make a video about Wintop iRFID Tag reader these days.

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Sometimes the same devices can have different firmwares and this way they are not acting exactly the same. This is why we need UID, as this way we can check whether we support this firmware or not.

This device which you are calling BeNext tag reader is actually the keypad device manufactured by Chinese company Wintop. Obviously, there is a company which changed the name of the device and maybe the firmware as well. We do support the original device but we don't support any re-branded versions.Also, we will make a video about Wintop iRFID Tag reader these days.

ok thanks, it's clear now.

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Thanks for this higlighting Sébastian, but 2 question left for me:

1 - how to know of my device have a zipabox compiliant firmware ?

2 - if not compiliant, where to buy (in europe) the original wintop devine ?

photo

Can anyone provide a tutorial on Benext Tag Reader usage ? Thank you

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

I can't find it. A link to get it ?

photo

Hi, the Tag_reader story continues. I am pretty close to it but I can't get in the rules the events (tru or false, on or off ?) inthe "When" statement. Any idea ?

photo

Hi, please help! I bought the Benext tag reader. It supposed to be a generic Z-wave device. The Zipabox doesn't respond to it at all! (as if it isn't there). I'm running newest firmware 0.9.982

photo

Hello

It's news for benext?

Thanks

photo

As I told already, this device is fully supported by zipabox. The manufacturer of this device is Chinese company Wintop. I think the device is pretty useful as an hidden (because of the design) keypad. Also, within a few weeks, we will publish this device under the Zipato name to avoid any further problems with the firmware versions.

Furthermore, next week we will publish the video tutorial about how to use it.

photo

Big thanks :-)

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

As I told already, this device is fully supported by zipabox. The manufacturer of this device is Chinese company Wintop. I think the device is pretty useful as an hidden (because of the design) keypad. Also, within a few weeks, we will publish this device under the Zipato name to avoid any further problems with the firmware versions.

Hi, I am waiting with high hopes for the tutorial. I have managed to register the tag reader with the Zipato, but can't figure out how to use it as keypad for my alarm system. Zipabox shows it as switch and as sensor.

Thx!

Martin.

photo

Hi!

Could you please tell us exactly which firmware/brand of this product is working with the zipabox please?

I am waiting to be sure to buy the good one.Thanks in advance

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Hi - Do you have any update on the sale of this device under Zipato name? More over, do you think of any alternative for turning on/off an alarm?

Thanks

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Hi,

Next week was a month ago. HowcanI access the tutorial ? Thank you,

photo

I have been checking this thread for about 3-4 months and I am also very interested in whether or not you are going to make good on your promises...

photo

some news on the use of this device ?

I have buy a benext card reader and can't use it, how can i set the code, add a new tag, use the home or away, ....If this one is not really fully supported, witch one can we use ?thank's

photo

I'm wondering why this topic shows "completed". Sebastian Popovic promissed to bring clarity on this issue already 2 months ago!

photo

Full support is coming this week with new firmware.

photo

HeroS wrote:

Full support is coming this week with new firmware.
Hi - thanks for the heads up - Are you talking about V0.9.988?

thanks!

photo

Yup, its working now.

photo

do you have a tutorial?

how can i set code, add a rfid key ...

thank you

photo

Nope, but it's not very hard.

One thing i forgot is to register both the home and the away button with the iRFID key.

If u got any problems/questions ...just ask.

photo

HeroS wrote:

One thing i forgot is to register both the home and the away button with the iRFID key.

mmmm is it working now or not?

home and away will start working when you have succesfully register a tag code.

and did you tested it with the benext tagreader or with something else?

photo

Look 3 post above. Yes its working.

I got a Wintop iRFID, which is the same as the Benext tag reader.

photo

HeroS wrote:

Nope, but it's not very hard.

If u got any problems/questions ...just ask.

Bonjour,

I just need to let people press home and enter a code to disarm an alarm. Any idea how to do it ?

photo

I don't understand the question,

But when u look at the configuration tab of the key pad (look at total devices) u see that u can learn the code and iRFID. Learn both the home and away key and select an user.

Then go to the alarm panel and to the partion and go to users to add the user/keypad.

photo

For me this device is not supported.

In "Total device" it appears as a keypad but there is no mean to configure code or rfid tag, just a wake up interval and a custom configuration on parameter x with value y.

Did have miss something ?

Arno J.

photo

Arno J. wrote:

In "Total device" it appears as a keypad but there is no mean to configure code or rfid tag, just a wake up interval and a custom configuration on parameter x with value y.

Arno J.

Your device have different firmware than the one that we support.

Please send us an email to support@zipato.com with your box credentials and we will try to create descriptors for your device. Just make sure your box is online and keypad is joined.

photo

Nenad Vojnovic wrote:

Arno J. wrote:

Arno J.

Your device have different firmware than the one that we support.

Please send us an email to support@zipato.com with your box credentials and we will try to create descriptors for your device. Just make sure your box is online and keypad is joined.

Thanks, I send an email to the support

photo

So, we are back again to square one!

Based on HeroS's comment, I thought this issue was finally resolved. Based on Nedad's last comment, I understand it is not. In summary: 1- The BeNext device is loaded with a firmware that doesnt work with Zipabox2- The Wintop device is loaded with the original firmware that DOES work with Zipabox3- The Wintop device is not readily available in any retailers in Europe (or at least, I couldn't find any)4-Sebastian Popovic promissed 2 months ago that Zipato will publish this device under their own name to avoid any further issues...but we are still waiting. I'm kind of fed up with Zipato team right now....

photo

we are selling them already, but we don't have a big quantities for our distributors, so we are waiting with the publishing. If you like to buy it directly from us, contact hello@zipato.com and we will send you the pro forma. The price is 35 Euro w. 1 Tag reader included.

photo

Hi everybody,

I've just bought the tag reader.

This device is recognized as 'Wintop iRFID v3' and I have added the learning of my RFID tag without any problem.

But when I want to test my RFID tag on my tag reader, no event is traced under the control center.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

photo

Hi everybody,

Finally I have created a rule. And the events from the tag reader are raised but:

• The box is not able to recognize between a 'away' event & a 'home' event (the test of the event is true for both)
  • The box is not able to recognize the source of the event (RFID tag or keypad code)

So please, could you tell me how to fix it ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

photo

Hi Oliver,

Did you register both the away and the home with the tag/key?

And also assign a user in the alarm panel.

photo

Hi,

I started by registering the away button with my RFID tag.

But when I wanted to register the home button with the same RFID tag, the control center answered that the ID was already registered.

photo

Hi Oliver,

there is no need to register tag with both home/away, when you press home or away before learning it just means that you waked it up and it's in learn mode. Code or tag learned after that will work with home and away actions.

When you learn code/tag set event name and user in order to use it in alarm or puzzles.

photo

Hi Nenad,

As I said before, I registered the ids (and the events/users) like you described in your last message.

In the rules generator, I'm able to see the different action events (for example 'Test away' & 'Test home').

But, when I want to test the value of an action event:

1. If Keypad action event is equal to 'Test away'
  2. then email_notification1
  3. else
  4. if Keypad action event is equal to 'Test home'
  5. then email_notification2
  6. else email_notification3

I always receive email_notification1, even if I push the home button and pass the tag or even if I use the keypad, whereas the action event Test is registered with the tag.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks for your help.

photo

@Nenad are u sure about the registration of the tags?

This is what i got from Milan:

You first need to memorize your tag into RFID keypad. Go to keypad configuration

tab and there click on "Lear" button. When countdown start click on "Away" and

then place your tag on keypad. You should see confirmation message on your

dashboard. Do the same for "Home" button.

photo

I confirm that the wintop version is perfectly working!

photo

Hi,

I also confirm that the wintop is working well!

I have to thank you Zipato's team for their work.

One last thing, could we use the buzzer on the module to get an acknowledgement ?

I saw on the manual that this is possible.

"The second mode, the default, can be used to inform a user that the alarm system is armed or disarmed. To

use this, you can send a Basic or Switch Binary set on (0xFF) after receiving an Alarm Report and the Wake Up

Notification following it."

Thank you for your answer ;)

photo

Oliver wrote:

Hi Nenad,

As I said before, I registered the ids (and the events/users) like you described in your last message.

In the rules generator, I'm able to see the different action events (for example 'Test away' & 'Test home').

But, when I want to test the value of an action event:

1. If Keypad action event is equal to 'Test away'
  2. then email_notification1
  3. else
  4. if Keypad action event is equal to 'Test home'
  5. then email_notification2
  6. else email_notification3

I always receive email_notification1, even if I push the home button and pass the tag or even if I use the keypad, whereas the action event Test is registered with the tag.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi

Do someone have an idea on what could be wrong in my configuration ?

I followed the process to add tags as Nenad described it. But as I said before, the events are not well recognized.

Thanks for your help.

photo

Action events are currently unsupported in IF conditions.

You should create two rules with 'Test away' and 'Test home' as event triggers.

photo

how can I disarm with this keypad ?

Zipabox recognize only home and away button !!

photo

@Furio:

home = disarm

away = arm

photo

@Furio

Did you assign a user to the keypad? In the widget Alarm panel (last tab).

photo

@thomasfr

yes, this ok

but I cannot arm the HOME ! only AWAY

@HeroS

yes of course

photo

@Furio, you should create another keypad code (slot), and than you can use it for arm home, panic.

Ktc1oouBjPzKpJv7t09t

5D7deVDmPJC5PzGue9YC

photo

@Nenad Vojnovic

I cannot register the code2. With the learn mode I receive a message "user code already exist"

photo

You can't use codes that are already learned, you need to learn a new one.

photo

how can I learn a new code ?

photo

Same way you learned the first one just don't use that same code.

For example, if your first code is 1234 you can't use that one again.

photo

tell me ... how to put a new code.

learn then keys (ex. 1-1-1-1) then enter ?

photo

Yes...

photo

after any key pressed the buzzer send 3 sounds but after the enter key

nothing happens and I receive a timeout.

photo

I'm wondering how did you managed to learn it first time...

Press 'Learn' on any available slot, pres home on keypad, enter code, press Enter on keypad, set event name and user, save.

photo

Nenad Vojnovic wrote:

@Furio, you should create another keypad code (slot), and than you can use it for arm home, panic.

Ktc1oouBjPzKpJv7t09t

5D7deVDmPJC5PzGue9YC

Hello,

Can you tell me commits it is possible to include the zipabox the benext rfid correctly because I can not operate the alarm.

Can you give me the procedure to run the alarm rfid benext

thank you,

photo

Looking at your settings the first slot is able to only ARM and not DISARM and the second slot is PANIC or DISARM. This means you have a code to ARM AWAY or HOME and to DISARM or PANIC. Can be useful though exept that you need several codes to do this does not make it easy to handle.

Maybe better to have slot 1 code AWAY as Arm AWAY and code home as DISARM

slot will be code2 Away as ARM home and code2 Disarm

Attached my config using a Tag and a Code (i do not use ARM home though)

Did you enable Quick Arm in your settings?

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

we are selling them already, but we don't have a big quantities for our distributors, so we are waiting with the publishing. If you like to buy it directly from us, contact hello@zipato.com and we will send you the pro forma. The price is 35 Euro w. 1 Tag reader included.
Hi, I'm interested and I've wrote an email about it on monday: is it still possible to have it directly from you?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file