Virtual Switch problem in rules (it used to work!!!)

Wojtek T shared this problem 10 years ago
Solved

Hi,

My box had to be brought to factory default, so I end-up recreating all my rules.

One of them, uses virtual sensor bind to virtual switch which toggle depending on sunset/sunrise. It all looks good, I can see that sensor toggles and then switch changes as well. My rule uses motion detector (multi sensor, so I had to use motion on or motion off to avoid triggering by temp/humidity changes) as a trigger and then checks if we are past sunset (switch off/false) and turns the lights on. THIS USED TO WORK before the factory default. It does not work anymore, basically the motion detector triggers the rule despite virtual switch being false (during a day). Please see the actual rule attached. I used sensor puzzle and actuator of virtual switch.

Replies (5)

photo

Try this:

Put a Refresh All in front of the If (before the switch).

photo

HeroS wrote:

Try this:

Put a Refresh All in front of the If (before the switch).

I just noticed that the rules work backwards, this is funny. I will try your suggestion, but I already recreated the rule and also tried creating some test rules with virtual sensor. If I select true when it supposed to be false and vice versa then it seems to work fine ...

photo

confirmed that Refresh All did not help, it works but state is reversed

photo

well, "suddenly" everything is working as it should. I am not sure if this was fixed in the cloud or what has happened but its back to normal.

UPDATE: At the same time as the state on virtual sensor started working properly I also noticed that I can see Virtual Weather sensors on my mobile device. COuld this have something to do with db replication between multiple systems in Amazon cloud? Zipato guys, can you please comment? This is not a problem anymore ;) but I would appreciate some explanation

photo

In order to have virtual sensor/switch working I need to turn it on manually using the URL in order to set its value to true. For example, if I am using virtual sensor / switch controlled triggered by sunset and I restart my Zipabox during a day (switch should be true), my rules will not be working properly unless I manually access off and then on URLs

Leave a Comment

Attach a file