This object is in archive! 

IKEA remote

Søren Storm shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Hi forum!

I have managed to get my IKEA remote to pair with my Zipabox (YEAH!), but cannot get it integrated in a rule. Also, it does not show any data on the graph. Could someone point out what the issue is in the attached picture?

The IKEA light bulb functions flawlessly in another rule (YEAH!) were it turns on and off so I guess that part is ok.

I have the same issues with the motion sensor from IKEA, it pairs flawlessly (YEAH!), but show no response in rules.

I would be thankfull for any advice :-)

Best regards from

Søren

(PS: I have the zigbee extension)

Replies (6)

photo

I would like to check your isuse with the remote and the sensor if you send me your zipabox SN at zcerovski@3plus.hr. Also, I might need your assistance so it would be good if you are available for skype chat tomorrow.

photo

Hi Željko

Thats so cool. Will write you right away. If others are interested, please post here, and I will update on the issue.

Best regards

Søren

photo

Hi. I bought an Ikea sensor today for testing but can't manage to include in thru the ZigBee "Add New Device" routine. Can you tell us how you did the pairing, please, Søren. Yes I have the ZigBee extension and use it for Osram Lightify products. Thanks!

photo

Hi Henning.

Yes. But after I had help from Željko through about 1/2 hour of online testing, the issue has not been resolved. It can pair with the Zipabox, but the box does not recieve any signal from the sensor or the IKEA remote.

I will try to ship the sensor and the remote to Željko this week in Croatia, and hopefully we can make them work :-)

To pair I did the following (please correct me if I am wrong):

1) Delete old attempts and synchronize on the Zipabox (upper left sync icon on the desktop)

2) Remove old pairing on the sensor or the remote by pressing four times fast on "link" button on the back.

3) Wait about 10 s

4) Click add device in the control center

5) Click the ZigBee device icon

6) Click and hold the "link" button on the sensor / remote (keeping it fairly close to the Zipabox, I can´t say if it is neccesary, sometimes it was recognized far away, so ... It´s a bit random for me for now - maybe at some point I will get a better understanding of this proces)

7) At some point the zipabox recognizes the sensor / remote and configured automatically. This step has been a bit random - sometimes it is recognized right away, and sometimes the countdown reaches 0, and I have to start over

8) Name the sensor and assign it to a room

Hope it helps

Best regards

Søren

photo

Cool. Thanks! I did maybe 10 attempts before it finally worked. But the result is the same for me. It is visible but there is no info coming from it. In fact I had to log out and back in for it to show up in my device browser in the web inferface. In my IOS device it popped up as a motion sensor after doing a sync. Anyway. No messages and no motion so....not working. Hoping your effort to send sample to Željko will end up with a solution. Thanks for that! // Henning

photo
photo

Very interested in the outcome. It would be a boost to Zipato if Ikea, like hue, works for accessories as well. If dimming remote and motion sensor work you can remove flip-switches and have a cheap and good looking solution. Keep us posted and keep up the good work!!

photo

I´m thinking the exact same thing. I shipped them to Zipato last friday, and hope they will make them work. :-)

photo
photo

UPDATE:

Željko from Zipato could unfortunately not get contact to the Zigbee module from the IKEA remote and motion sensors. Too bad. It could have been a great advantage to use the IKEA motion sensors and buttons. But thanks to Zipato for making the attempt. :-)

photo

Any updates in this topic. I managed to connect after several attempts. Can create rules with it, but it doesn't work.

photo

Hello.

How can you connect your ikea tradfri remote controller? I try to "Add new device wizard" >> ZigBee, but not found device.

Thanks.

photo

Hello,

I paired my IKEA Tradfri remote controller to my Zipabox with "Add new device wizard" >> ZigBee >> "Tradfri remote control"

But the result is the same for me. It is visible but there is no info coming from it and I can't use it in rules creator.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file