This object is in archive! 

Zipabox - out of stock

Michel CHEMLA shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

A lot of website like the Zipato site announce the Zipabox out of stock.

Does it mean this box is no more sold and obsolete?

Will there be a new box compatible with the previous one?

Do I have already found an alternative in case my current box breaks down?

Thank for your help

KR

Michel

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Michel,

ZipaBox is no longer in production (we still have some stock) however we will soon release v2 version so our dealers are not stocking on the old version.

ZipaBox is not obsolete, we will still support the controller so no worries there.

Our new ZipaBox will be compatible (use the same system) and you will be able to use them together in a cluster configuration or as a separate controller if you wish.

If your ZipaBox breaks down we can repair it, or replace it so no need to worry about it.

BR,

Mislav

photo

So, if I understand, it's better to wait for the next gen for make a cluster and anticipate a possible break down of my current box?

photo

You do not have to worry about support and compatibility of the old box with our new controllers.

Regarding possible break down, we really do not know if your box will break down now or in 10 years. You need to decide how to protect your configuration (backup, another controller, cluster or some other option).

BR,

Mislav

photo

Is there a post explaining the improvements in the v2?

Could you migrate an old Zipabox to a new one?

photo

You cannot migrate your configuration form the old ZipaBox to the new one, at least it's not supported at this time.

For the list of improvements/features you will have to be patient just a little more. Of course it will have much faster hardware than the old version.

BR,

Mislav

photo

Well, that means upgrading is impossible.

photo

That sounds odd. I mainly pay for the backup service in order to restore the system after a crash. So it must be possible to restore a backup to a successor product - at least the Z-wave /Zigbee Networks and Rules. Sure I understand that it does not necesseraly work for all internal sensors.

Will this be enabled, otherwise the backup function has very limited use?

photo

Hi. As the new box will have new hardware, Zipato firstly needs to understand what are the limitation when transfering from old box to new box. Only then will they be able to make this change. Surely this will be possible, but as the box is not even released, it will take time.

photo

Attilla has explained the problem.

Different box has different hardware so it's not so simple to transfer the complete configuration and backup. We need some time to implement such features and for this we need to have the hardware so we can develop and test this functionality.

BR,

Mislav

photo
photo

Is it also planned to release a new Zipatile?

photo

Yes, new ZipaTile version is also planned for release this year.

BR,

Mislav

photo

It is a pity that you attach great importance to the release of new controllers rather than software to the released ones. You think that you will earn by releasing new controllers without providing them with normal support. Zipato then no longer buy and release of new controllers with paid services - this is the wrong move. I like your interface and I'm used to Zipato, but I'll go to another manufacturer if you ban users who talk about problems.

photo

Hi Serg,

All the controllers are tied to the same system and software. We are constantly improving our software solution because in the end, hardware is just a tool so that the software can "create" the desired user experience.

So we are working on hardware and software in parallel. Some bugs are inevitable and we try our best to solve them with the resources we have at our disposal.

In the end the user picks and chooses the hardware and software solution that suits him best. In our case we think we have a very competitive product and we are working on polishing it further. We are also listening to our user suggestions, but you have to understand that in development of such complex solutions things take time and in some cases there are compromises.

You are free to talk about problems, that is one of the reasons why community exists, so you can communicate problems and try to find a solution.

BR,

Mislav

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file